I'm stuck on Harbor Hotels - am I missing something?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
I'm not so familiar with the hotels in the area so my mind is stuck on what I do know which is my stay this past summer at Fairfield Inn. Walk was very close. Are there other hotels to consider not right on Harbor that would have a different approach to the parks, but could be just as close?

Thanks!

This thread has lots of good information: www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/
Nothing will be as close as the Harbor hotels right at the crosswalk or the GCH on site. If that is what matters most, stick with the FFI. But that doesn't mean that there aren't other options that still are walkable, just different.
It is possible to stay north of Mickey & Friends (north of Ball, at Disneyland Dr.) and walk to the M&F tram or to DTD. The Majestic Garden Hotel (which also has a private shuttle to the parks), the Super 8 on Disneyland Dr., SpringHill Suites on Ball, etc. are walking distance to M&F. Bag check there is quick and easy. Taking the trams is quick and easy, too. See this thread, especially the last few posts: How to walk to Disneyland from Motels north of Mickey and Friends?. It is also possible to stay on Harbor near/across from the Toy Story lot and take the free shuttles to the parks. If you look on Google Maps, you'll see lots of hotels right around the TS lot -- Homewood Suites, Sheraton Park, Clarion, Red Lion, Marriott, etc. -- which are a short walk to the TS shuttles.

Last edited:
My go to is also FFI when I just need a clean bed and shower...my favorite off site Hotel is the Courtyard. Holiday Inn Express is also new and nice and falls between the CY and FFI IMO. Hojo is also a DIS Board favorite.

It all depends on what your needs are. Do you have a certain room configuration you prefer, do you want hot breakfast, is the pool area important, what about free parking? They all have different pros and cons.

We love the HOJO as they have a 2 bedroom family suite that gives us extra space and two washrooms, they are a close walk and have free parking and a clean pool area. They also have a lot to appeal to younger guests such as the pirate pool area which is great because it's separate from the garden pool making that a more relaxing area for older guests. Our kids liked that area when they were younger and now enjoy the other one more as they don't have to listen to "all the little kids screaming." But there is no food service, just Mimi's across the road, but since we do not eat early breakfast before park that's not an issue for us.

So if you added what your particular needs are that might help people give their recommendations.

So I was super focused on Marriott's since we can use our points. The next requirement is a separate sleeping space for the kids. I had narrowed it down to Residence Inn. But, in all honesty, the hotels are reasonably priced, and using points doesn't make a huge impact to the budget. So I started to look at Best Western Plus and will now look into Hojo. I think I saw the post about the walk from Stovall's and I figured maybe there were more hotels on the side of DTD that you could walk through and then I thought maybe I was ignoring a whole different area of hotels.

So I was super focused on Marriott's since we can use our points. The next requirement is a separate sleeping space for the kids.

One benefit of the CY is that while not separate, all of their standard rooms are two Queens or King and twin size bunk beds.

So I was super focused on Marriott's since we can use our points. The next requirement is a separate sleeping space for the kids. I had narrowed it down to Residence Inn. But, in all honesty, the hotels are reasonably priced, and using points doesn't make a huge impact to the budget. So I started to look at Best Western Plus and will now look into Hojo. I think I saw the post about the walk from Stovall's and I figured maybe there were more hotels on the side of DTD that you could walk through and then I thought maybe I was ignoring a whole different area of hotels.

Please read this thread BEFORE you make any decisions..... lots of important hotel information. (Stovall's is a much longer walk than the Harbor hotels. :
http://www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter