I'm so upset!

Queenie

Mouseketeer
A vase of flowers just got knocked over spilling dirty water everywhere. Unfortunately my scrapbook was leant up against the cupboard it was on as I'd been working on it today. Every scrapbook page I ever made (except 2 in a seperate wedding album) was in the album and not one doesn't have water stains on it now. Many of the photos are ruined. The water poured down into some of the page protectors and has ruined most of the page. Nothing in there was irreplaceable but it's 9 months of work and lots of money invested.

I'm not at all mad at him for knocking the vase over, I know it was an accident and he's so upset but it doesn't mean I'm not upset over the album. I think the worst thing is that the water was old so now the whole album stinks too!

That'll teach me for leaving the book against a cupboard with water on top of it.

oh my gosh!!! that is terrible.

but on the bright side...if there is one...you can redo the pages rather quickly...being that you have already done all the work...all you'd have to do is copy it.

is anything salvageable on the pages??? like paper clips, embellies that you can just pop off and re adhere?

oh man, i am just sick to my stomach thinking about it. sorry this happened.

Wow.... I'm just sick thinking about it! So sorry!! I cannot imagine how upset I would be in a similar situation. ......................P

I am so sorry that this had to happen. I cannot imagine the hearthache its causing you.

Have your pics dried yet? I just wanted to let you know that my girlfriend and I were cropping one evening and she dumped a diet coke onto a pile of about 50 pictures. It was there awhile before we noticed it. We laid the pics out on the counter all over my kitchen and amazingly they all dried nicely but 2. I am hoping that your pictures are salvagable and you can just copy the work .....I know that is still costly....

Heres a hug from us to you :grouphug:

Oh and Hey I had another lady dump her diet coke on a nice size stack of my paper (cardstock) and it dried without really bad stains.....pull the pages out of the page protectors and lie them flat. Maybe you can cover the worst of the water marks with embellies, stickers....etc. once they dry.

:( Sorry to hear about the water. Hopefully like another posted mentioned, you'll be able to wiz through the copying of the layouts-- even maybe improve or change some things :confused3 good luck.

Sorry to read about your sb accident ... I know you have put a lot of time & effort into those sb pages. Hopefully with time things will dry pretty well ... some time down the road you will have a story to tell about those pages ...

:earseek: That is horrible. I feel so sorry for you. I know I would be upset. I hope that you can salvage some of it. Good Luck! :grouphug:

I am sorry to hear about your book. Hopefully, you can salvage some of the photos and embellishments so you won't have to re-print everything.

My MIL lost about 25 albums in Katrina. No way to clean them up - they were covered in the salt water surge and mold had covered them by the time epa had cleared their neighborhood for people to go back in and salvage things.

Well most of the LO's have dried with no visible damage done. The ones that do have damage should be fixable quickly but I'm leaving that job til after the holiday. The pictures have done the strangest thing. Where the water went on them, the ink has transferred from the photo itself onto the inside of the page protector, it looks very odd!

RealMickeysGirl - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's albums. I couldn't imagine losing 25 all in one go. Sometimes it's little things like that that remind you just how bad Katrina was. At least your mother is alright though!

Queenie said:
Well most of the LO's have dried with no visible damage done. The ones that do have damage should be fixable quickly but I'm leaving that job til after the holiday.
I am glad that they are drying so well. If the papers are ruined, maybe you can at least get the photos off the page and put them on new pages.

Queenie said:
The pictures have done the strangest thing. Where the water went on them, the ink has transferred from the photo itself onto the inside of the page protector, it looks very odd!
Wow - does it make it look like those 3d photos?

Queenie said:
RealMickeysGirl - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's albums. I couldn't imagine losing 25 all in one go. Sometimes it's little things like that that remind you just how bad Katrina was. At least your mother is alright though!
Thanks - I have to say MIL has been a trooper. She has said a couple of times that she enjoyed the nice things she had but now she gets to shop for new stuff. I have to say, I don't know if I could be so upbeat.

I am so sorry to hear about your accident with the water on your pages. I have had my darlings spill water, pop and milk on my scrapbook supplies and photos. :confused3 The paper will proballly dry fairly well and shouldn't leave much of the stain, mine all did except for the diet coke and I was able to sponge some of the color out and hide some of it and decided to live with the character on the others.
The photos that left their image on the page protectors -were they digital or did you run them off yourself? The reason I ask is that it sounds as though the emulsion has seperated. I have had that happen to older photos left in frawmes in the sun. I think that if it was digital or printed on your printer it may have left the ink on your page protecters.
I hope you are able to salvage most of your work, keep us informed, my thoughts are with you.

SO sorry to hear about that accident!

I'm thinking that Queenie's misfortune is a wake up call to us all - to Photograph those finished layouts and save the digital files to a cd which we put in a safe deposit box or send to our M.I.L.s in another state for safe keeping, JUST in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter