~~~I'm so excited...

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
...our 1st cruise is only a few days away! We leave on Wed to fly down!:cool1:
I keep having nightmares that I'll forget to pack something...would anyone like to share something that they didn't pack and wish they had packed to take with you on your cruise???:flower3:

We'll be sailing with you! I'm nervous too! It will be our first too.

we have a 6 year old and a 4 year old.

:)
-a

...our 1st cruise is only a few days away! We leave on Wed!:cool1:
I keep having nightmares that I'll forget to pack something...would anyone like to share something that they didn't pack and wish they had packed to take with you on your cruise???:flower3:

Well... stupid thing I did was forget to pack tickets and passports... We live about 1 1/2 away from the ports so we had someone bring them but I'm such a planner and very organized that I didn't believe (niether did my DBF) I forgot them:headache:

Well... stupid thing I did was forget to pack tickets and passports... We live about 1 1/2 away from the ports so we had someone bring them but I'm such a planner and very organized that I didn't believe (niether did my DBF) I forgot them:headache:
It's funny you just posted this as an hour ago I freaked out because we forgot to get our tix. and passports out of the fire chest!!:eek: I wrote 2 notes reminding us to take them and put one on the counter and 1 in my bag so that we don't forget them!

It's funny you just posted this as an hour ago I freaked out because we forgot to get our tix. and passports out of the fire chest!!:eek: I wrote 2 notes reminding us to take them and put one on the counter and 1 in my bag so that we don't forget them!

GOOD because it does happen... I won't let it happen again that's for sure! Have fun on your cruise!! We have to wait a few more weeks!!

...our 1st cruise is only a few days away! We leave on Wed to fly down!:cool1:

Nothing we forgot - just had to tell you how jealous I am!!! I can't wait to go on another cruise!! I still have 8 months to wait though. As long as you have all the documentation you need, you can buy anything else on board or at port. No stresses! This is vacation! You'll have a great time!!!

Which dolphin excursion did you choose?

Oh I am so jealous of all of you! We just got back 5/10 and I want to go back! I can't think of something I forgot but I will tell you somethings I'm glad I brought. I definitely liked and used the magnetic hooks for the back of the stateroom door. I got them at the dollar store and I think they were really clips but worked just as well as hooks. We were sure to hang our KTTW lanyards up there everytime we came into the cabin. Things can get lost easily in that crowded cabin and they were always ready to go when we left. I'm glad I went through the trouble of getting my girls pirate costumes. I almost didn't bring the full costumes and I would have regreted it. Most children were in costumes and I ran into 2 families who didn't dress their kids and the kids were sad about it. I am also glad I took a swim shirt for my girls. The sun is so intense on CC and Nassau the sunscreen just couldn't keep up! They really helped keep the sun off their shoulders/back. Have a great trip!

Im soooo excited for you! The only thing I wish I would have packed is an extra pair of dress shorts or dress pants for my dirty boys for dinner!! lol
I was always washing stains off `dinner`pants:rotfl::rotfl:

Relax. As long as you have your ID's (BC's or passports) there is nothing else you need that you can't get once in Florida. Put your ID docs in the purse you are taking right away.

You are going to have a GREAT time and I wish you the best!

Thank you everyone for sharing my excitement!
I'll have to look for the magnetic hooks/clips!
I did buy the rash guard shirtsa at Target last week when they were on sale as we are all extremely fair-skinned with blond hair and blue eyes. I don't have any pirate costumes though :o(

Thank you everyone for sharing my excitement!
I'll have to look for the magnetic hooks/clips!
I did buy the rash guard shirtsa at Target last week when they were on sale as we are all extremely fair-skinned with blond hair and blue eyes. I don't have any pirate costumes though :o(

I do agree that it is fun for the kids on Pirate night. We bought each of the kids a pirate themed t shirt and got them each a piratey hat at WDW before we went to the port.

Just a few accessories like the hat, eye patch, a fake hoop earing and a hook for the hand is easy enough and will make them feel like they are part of the evening.

My favorite family picture is all of us dressed like pirates on our last cruise. :)

I hope you have an awesome cruise!!

The Dollar Store has some cheapy pirate accessories....eye patch, hook, etc...

We sail day after tomorrow! Leaving tomorrow evening via air, so I am off tomorrow and going to finish packing. We are all so excited!

Great idea about the mag hooks for the inside of the door. I must have missed that tip along the way. I will look for those tonight on my last minute shopping trip.

First of all, have fun and relax. You don't have to do everything this time around. You WILL be on another cruise and sooner than you think.

I think it's more of that people overpack than forget things. One thing that I remember when I first got on these boards is someone mentioned you pack and then take half of the things out. While I don't completely listen to that advice, I come close. As I pack, I think about what I want to take and then think about what I need to take.

As it has been said, two things you need the most...cruise docs and passports.

Charlie

While we didn't forget anything, I am SO gland we brought an over the door shoe hanger (clear pockets) for putting in so many things we needed regularly (sundries/suntan lotion/toiletries, etc). I never found one at the dollar store and got ours at Kmart - was so worth it.
DO also bring along as many swim suits as you can. In our cabin it took a few days for each suit to dry out, so we were glad to bring plenty.
Be sure to pack something that you might need to wear for dinner in your carry-on if you have first seating at dinner. We received our luggage in our cabin literally about 10 min. before we were to be at dinner the first night. You never know.
ENJOY - It will truly be wonderful! :goodvibes

While we didn't forget anything, I am SO gland we brought an over the door shoe hanger (clear pockets) for putting in so many things we needed regularly (sundries/suntan lotion/toiletries, etc). I never found one at the dollar store and got ours at Kmart - was so worth it.
DO also bring along as many swim suits as you can. In our cabin it took a few days for each suit to dry out, so we were glad to bring plenty.
Be sure to pack something that you might need to wear for dinner in your carry-on if you have first seating at dinner. We received our luggage in our cabin literally about 10 min. before we were to be at dinner the first night. You never know.
ENJOY - It will truly be wonderful! :goodvibes

I almost forgot :lmao: Dont forget the Downy wrinkle-release spray! :worship:

I do agree that it is fun for the kids on Pirate night. We bought each of the kids a pirate themed t shirt and got them each a piratey hat at WDW before we went to the port.

Just a few accessories like the hat, eye patch, a fake hoop earing and a hook for the hand is easy enough and will make them feel like they are part of the evening.

My favorite family picture is all of us dressed like pirates on our last cruise. :)

I'm going on a 4 night, June 21 but I haven't heard about dressing up the kids as pirates. I have an 8 year old and I would hate for him to miss this. Where can I find out about it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!