I'm so cornfused!!

mickiecake

I TOLD you not to eat that McDonald's crap!!!
I am trying to decide what hotel to stay at for our jaunt into US, IOA< & SeaWorld after Disney. We will be staying 7 nights at AKL, then going to another hotel for the rest of our trip.

I do not want to rent a condo or vacation home.
I do not want to stay on Disney Property.
If I could afford it, I would stay at one of the Universal Hotels.

I want something close to everything. I want something btwn $100-$150 a night. Shuttle would be nice, but not imperative.

I want something that will be nice.. not a letdown after a week at the AKL. I think we will stay at the NickHotel for 2 nights, one day we'll be visiting the Kennedy Space Center, and the 2nd just enjoying the hotel.

Then we will change hotels for our Universal Studios/SeaWorld adventure, before heading home. See my quandry? I want EVERYTHING for next to NOTHING! :confused3

If we could afford the NickHotel for the whole week, I would. BUT we can't.

Anyone have any suggestions? My breain is FRIED!! :surfweb:

So, you want the impossible? LOL

Seriously, if you don't want to pay top $$ for an overpriced hotel room, then a vacation home rental is going to be your best bet. For your price range you can get a VERY nice place, for that same price you can get a small, crowded hotel room, to me the choice is obvious.

If you're going over by Seaworld and Universal check out Vista Cay, brand new.

If UO onsite is definitely out of the question....my neighbor really liked the Homewood Suites near Universal. I think any resort besides an onsite UO would be kind of a "let down" after AKL. The Marriott vacation club properties near Sea World are very nice, but probably over the price range you set. Have a great trip!

Thanks for the replies!! We were talking just now about not renting a car and staying at Royal Pacific with the $$$ we save. But won't we need a car to get to Sea World, and to the airport when it's time?? See??

Still confused.. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Here's a suggestion, maybe you could get a room at POR or CSR for the week instead of AKL, the money you save could be used for a resort over at Universal (RP)? That way you could stay on property at both wdw and universal...

Well, our first week (at WDW) is set in stone, b/c my grandmother bought the trip for us. They 2nd part we are paying for ourselves. We are budgeting about $3,000 for the whole things, including spending money at WDW, and anything we do in the 2nd week.

The reason I don't want to rent a vacation home is b/c for us, staying in a hotel is lots of fun. But I may have to just bite the bullet and do it if I want to do so many activities!

Personally, I would recommend the renaissance at Sea World - not quite as expensive as onsite at UO, it is top $$ though.

The hotel is gorgeous and there is a really good shuttle service to the parks. Sea World is literally just across the street, an easy walk, and the hotel itself is gorgeous. I have never stayed at AKL but have seen it and don't think the Renaissance could be considered a come-down at all.

We stayed at Hawthorn Suites on Westwood Boulevard in Sept, it is just five mins away from Seaworld and very easy to get to US. While i wasnt' overly impressed by the hotel it was cheap, clean, great location and a free breakfast. I would stay there again. There are lots of hotel here that looked really nice. If you dont want to rent a car, the I-Drive goes straight to Seaworld (only about two stops) and the lynx buses go straight up Westwood Boulevard and make it quite easy to get to US, either by changing once or walking about ten mins walk. The area is great, very pretty and quiet but not out of the way. Maybe you could check out some of the hotels in this area.

You might want to try and Doubletree on Major Blvd. Unfortunately I am not sure how much it is. But it is right across Kirkman from Universal...and if you don't want to walk it, there is a shuttle. It is also on the I-ride Trolley so you could take the trolley to Sea World if you didn't want to drive there. And since it is on the trolley, you could check out other I-drive tourist stuff if you wanted.

If you need even more inexpensive, I have heard that the Baymont Inn right next too (or behind) the Doubletree is not bad, but I haven't stayed there.

Also haven't stayed at the Doubletree, at least since it became a Doubletree...stayed there when it was under another name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter