I'm shocked!!!

Chic

DIS Veteran
I had a Saratoga Springs reservation for December 20-25 and called to change DVC resorts at the 7 month window. Of course, there were no studios available anywhere so I had to waitlist. My two options were Boardwalk Villas and Bay Lake Tower. Unbelievably, my waitlist came through a couple of days ago and we are now confirmed in a preferred view studio at the Boardwalk Villas. Not only did my waitlist come through for a December stay but it came through in less than two weeks. I'm shocked! :scared1:

People cancel trips. :goodvibes That's one of the side-effects of trying to plan 11 months ahead of time.

Congrats!

That is great! Have a wonderful time. I hope my wait list comes through for an MK view at BLT in January! If not I still have the standard view. :lmao:

That's the beauty of the DVC system! While you were wanting to change resorts, so was someone else at your waitlisted resort! :thumbsup2

I was surprised this year as well. We had made a reservation at BWV (BW View 2BR) 11 months in advance of our post Thanksgiving dates. At 7 months I called to switch to the BCV. While they didn't have all the nights available when I called, the waitlist came through in a couple of weeks. Last year we had to wait for months for a BCV studio waitlist to come through for our post Tirkey Day trip.

I'm sure the economy has had an effect on the waitlist success a lot of us have been experiencing. I also believe the new "two option" waitlist policy has provided positive results as well. My current waitlist was for preferred view at BWV or Bay Lake view at BLT. As I mentioned earlier, my waitlist came through at BWV. Now I'm struggling with whether I want to keep the BWV reservation and enjoy the proximity to Jelly Rolls, EPCOT and DHS or should I reactivate my waitlist for BLT. Hmmmm?? :rolleyes1

My first of 2 waitlists came in over the weeking. I had Dec 14-18 in an AKV value view Studio but I had Dec 13th in a standard view. It came Through quickely. I still have a waitlist for a std view BWV for Dec 20-23. I currently have AKV std view. Both of these were 7 month changes from OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter