** I'm not waiting in no lines Day 15 KeyWest **page 7**Lots of photos

another great couple of days Jackie! :goodvibes :goodvibes.

I love that photo of you waving from Kali River Rapids!

and cruise day tomorrow! :cheer2:

Great updates Jackie.
Loved the shot in the parking lot of AK of your guys making the Irish flag.
I am with you & ready for Bay Lake Towers to open too!!!!! We are contemplating an add on there. :rolleyes1

Friday 24th Day 9

Woke up bright and early as we had breakfast booked for 8.05 am at the Crstyal Palace and it was pouring down raining
really really heavy , now if this wasn't our last day think we would have stayed in bed , but No up we got and headed for the bus stop had a wee while to wait but it wasn't long until we were running in to MK trying to stay dry
So long for all my happy dreams of walking up a empty Main Street , didn't get one photo
we had a great breakfast with Pooh and friends
USAOct08555.jpg
USAOct08561.jpg

USAOct08563.jpg

USAOct08554.jpg

The 2 boys headed over to Adventureland for the rope drop ,and we finished our coffee
the CM's couldn't believe how quite it was there ,it was the 2 boys and that was it , remeber we are from Ireland we are used to the rain
they got to go on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 3 times in a row and then we joined them and done it again twice
we then done Splash Mountain 2 times without even getting off
USAOct08570.jpg

USAOct08578.jpg

Aidan headed to Space Mountain as he does not do drops and got to go on a few times
Yes this is more what we are used to no waiting in lines
Now the rain hasn't really stopped but it was clearing up a bit
headed over to Tomorrowland and got to do most of the rides over here
USAOct08582.jpg

DS finally got to do the Indy Speedway when it started to bucket down again so I decided to buy an Umbrella
Knew I should have got one first thing the sun came out , but so did the people
USAOct08596.jpg
USAOct08587.jpg

The 2 boys got hungry again so a quick hotdog before the parade
USAOct08609.jpg
USAOct08610.jpg

This Band was playing at the beginning of the Parade there most have been over a hundred children in it
What a great parade for them to play in
USAOct08597.jpg

USAOct08617.jpg

USAOct08646-1.jpg
USAOct08631.jpg

USAOct08644-1.jpg

USAOct08641.jpg

After the Parade we decided to call it a day
it was sad walking out of the park for the last time
this is the last photos taken at MK
USAOct08648.jpg

USAOct08652.jpg

Look at the sky
USAOct08657-1.jpg

headed back over to FW on the boat
USAOct08656.jpg

USAOct08658.jpg

it is great staying so close to MK

Can't wait until the BLT's are finished
USAOct08659-1.jpg

Friday 24th Day 9 Spending time around Wilderness Lodge

Spent the rest of the evening at the WL
Boys hired out the sea mice which is another of our favourite things to do
USAOct08676.jpg

USAOct08680.jpg

USAOct08679-1.jpg

I sat around the beach just chilling out and making some new friends
USAOct08693.jpg

USAOct08685.jpg

USAOct08682.jpg

The beach is a great place to spend some time at after a busy day in the park
USAOct08706-1.jpg

USAOct08701-1.jpg

USAOct08702-1.jpg

USAOct08686.jpg

Spend the rest of the evening around the pool and hanging about the lobby had dinner at the Roaring Fork
Boys had an early night and we went down to the bar for a few drinks

Day 10 Saying Goodbye to WDW
When I was planning this holiday at home :surfweb: the plans was to get up early this morning and go in to Magic kingdom for a few hours before heading to the port
as with all good plans never happened :rotfl2:
with no packing done and it was raining stayed in bed for the extra few hours
so a nice relaxing morning instead ,breakast and then done the packing and call bell service to collect the bags
now at the BC the bell man was there in 5 minutes , not here said it would be 20 minutes at least so the rest went for a walk around the resort and I waited with the bags. it was lovely chilling out on the balcony
So by the time we all meet up at the car the bell service had all the bags in the car
Now that what I call service :thumbsup2
USAOct08716-1.jpg

Look what was waiting outside too
USAOct08717-1-1.jpg

So thats the end of the first part of this wonderful holiday
we had a great time at WDW , don't think we will ever out grow Disney
This time we spent alot more time at the resorts and eating at alot of nice sit down meals
big change from our first few visits were we went Comando style in the parks and lived on hotdogs and chicken stripes

Bye Bye Wilderness Lodge
I'm sure we will be back :yay: Thanks to our DVC membership :love:
USAOct08718-1-1.jpg

Oh Jackie I love :love: your Mary Poppins shot from the parade.
It's always sad to leave the MK isn't it????? That last look at the castle always makes me a bit misty.
I agree about how it's nice to just enjoy the little things instead of going commando style. We love our DVC too & it makes it nice knowing we can go back whenever we want!!!!!!!!!!!

On to the cruise :sail:

Day 10 Disney Magic here we come 25th Oct 08

Well after nearly a year waiting for this day we are on our way to Port Canaveral
Even the toll booth as all done up for Halloween
USAOct08721.jpg

USAOct08720.jpg

USAOct08728.jpg

It is starting to rain as we go over the bridge but it's not to long until we see the ship
USAOct08726.jpg

Myself and Micheal are dropped off with the bags and the other 2 drop the car off
We head straight up to the terminall but can't check in as the other 2 have they ID with them
So we have a good look around , its about 1pm now and the place is quite as most people are on board
We meet the lady herself
USAOct08741.jpg

Its not long until the other 2 are back, took them about 20 minutes , as I have most of it done on line it doesn't take long until we are checked in and aloud on the ship
USAOct08747.jpg

magic5.jpg

USAOct08748.jpg

USAOct08750.jpg

USAOct08749.jpg

We decide to head for lunch first so off we head to Parrots Cay but the line was big so we went to Topsiders instead
Sitting on board and it never felt like we were away
after lunch we headed down to our stateroom Deck 2 room 2518 we are 5 doors down from where we were last year
No bags yet but our Castaway members gift was waiting for us
As it was nearly 3pm we headed up to the Promenade lounge for the Dis meet and to meet up with all the lovely people I was chatting to all year It was fun meeting everyone boys stayed for about 5 minutes
Next it was time to get ready for the mandatory drill
USAOct08760.jpg

Funny thing Aidan looked out the door to see if any more bags were about and one of his friends from last time was walking past the door
he didn't even know that he was onboard as he didn't hear from him since last time , He was staying a few doors down from us
Myself and DH unpacked and the boys went away exploring the ship
we joined them on deck for the sail away party which was nearly finished by the time we got there , then it was time to sail away
just after 5pm we saw a cruise bus pulling up at the side of the terminal and a family jumping out and next we see them running out of the building and aboard then the gang plank is pulled up and we are away :banana: :banana: :banana:
USAOct08764.jpg

USAOct08762.jpg

Stayed up on deck Micheal went swimming in the goofy pool his favourite then it was time to get ready for tonight show which was "All aboard! let the magic Begin" and then headed to dinner to night we were dining at Animators Palate we were on the 8.30pm seating
We met our dining servers Andea and luci They were the best :banana: :banana: Made our dinning the best part of the cruise
We were at a table for 8 but the second family which were meant to join us decided not to join us :confused3

Boys went off to the clubs after this and we went back to the room as we had not tidy up after unpacking but our wonderful room server had everything all sorted for us wish I could take him home with me :cloud9:
and look what he left for us
USAOct08767.jpg
our first towel animal and chocales
there was some gifts left in our Fish Extender too
After a walk around the deck to easy the dinner down abit
checked out the shops Got lots of scrapbooking stuff and then picked up Micheal it was time for bed
great first day onboard

How great that your DS met his friend, sounds like a lovely start to the cruise :)

Day 11 Our first visit to Castaway Cay
was woken up by the noise of the boat docking at Castaway Cay
what a lovely sight to see last time due to Hurraincane Noel we were not able to dock at all
So up to Topsiders for a quick breakfast
before we headed off the boat
Max was giving out towels on the dock
USAOct08770.jpg

as usual Micheal wasn't hanging about any lines for photos
got only one done
magic11.jpg

Seen himself out and about to
USAOct08775.jpg

We headed to the family beach and Aidan stayed for all of 5 minutes and then headed to look for his friends
Least it was 5 more minutes then the last time :rotfl2:
we would meet up with him again at Dinnner
We have no real plans for today just chilling out on the beach
USAOct08781.jpg

We hired out the snorkeling equipment and went to explore the lagoon , took a little while to get used to it as we are only beginers walking around with the fins was funny ,We didn't tell DH that you walk backwards into the water with them .
All the fish were around the sunken treasure
I found the Hidden Minnie in the end up we most have spent over an hour out there , the water was quite rough too

DS went to the club after this and we had a small lunch and then a cocktail and a book for me for the rest of the afternoon DH has a wee sleep "Life can get no better then this" :banana:
We were keeping an eye out on the sky didn't look to good at this stage
USAOct08786.jpg

thanks for the info - useful thread...

this seems useful information...thanks for sharing...

:woohoo:

Day 11 still

Decided to pack up our things and headed back to pick up Micheal at Scuttles cover hoping to beat the rain
but no it started to pour and I mean pour :eek:
USAOct08790.jpg

USAOct08792.jpg

at this stage the kids club was closing so we had to make a run for it
as we were wet we just walked back to the ship
couldn't get over how warm the rain was
Micheal had great fun playing in the puddles

USAOct08795.jpg

USAOct08797.jpg

USAOct08799.jpg

and there was lots of warm towels waiting for us as we went on board
and yes you guessed it by the time we got to the ship it stopped rain

After getting dried up DH headed to the gym , boys were in the clubs and I went to the DVC members party , didn't win any prizes :confused3
met up again at the goofy pool and stayed there until it was time for the show
USAOct08805.jpg

Tonights show was the comedian Heath Hyche , he was very very funny :lmao: We really enjoyed this show

The boys were dinning alone tonight at Parrots Cays where they were well entertained by Andre and Luci and had great fun
One on each end of a table for 8 :confused3
Myself and DH were dinning in Palos
We enjoyed it here the food was great but would be in no big hurry back , for us dining with the family is a nicer thing to do on board then going to Palos

Boys went to their clubs after dinner
We were the last to leave Palos so after our nightly walk around deck and checking in on Micheal we went to The Piano Bar sessions for a while , then picked up Micheal from the club at closing and headed to bed
another great day :banana: :banana:
To nights towel animal
USAOct08808.jpg

Day 12 Our 1st Sea Day and Formal Night
No real plans for this morning had breakfast at topsiders again and boys went to they clubs and spent the day between them and the pool
Myself and DH went to the fat burning seminar which was very interesting
and the digital camera one which was more on what kind of camera to buy then taking photos which I thought it would be about

Today was our Dis trick and Treating too
We have been planning this on our thread meet for about 2 mouths before and we had over 60 kids involed along with there parents
Suzie had done a great job for us , all her hard work made this event far better then the T&T that Disney had done onboard
Thanks Suzies :hug: :hug: :hug:
Micheal really enjoyed himself and got lots of treats at the end :banana: :banana:
Myself and Jenn were at the Animators Palates clue stations and had great fun with all the kids
We even met Daisy Duck at the end too
USAOct08831.jpg

After this we headed up to the Goofy pool and spent the rest of the afternoon there chilling out , it was quite rough today and I was feeling a bit sea sick but not as bad as last time
Think this was the day we played Bingo too , didn't win but it was really good fun
I had a date at the spa this evening and the rest went to the show which was the Golden Mickeys
Which they enjoyed
USAOct08846.jpg
USAOct08847.jpg

We got to meet the Captain this evening too
magic9.jpg

It was Formal night and we were dinning in Lumieres
USAOct08835.jpg

magic1.jpg

USAOct08865.jpg

USAOct08868.jpg

The boys went to their clubs and we went to the Heath Hyche Adult Cabaret in Rockin' Bar D which was great fun

Picked Micheal up and went for our nightly walk around the deck before heading to bed
Our towel animal to night
USAOct08870.jpg

We put the time back an hour tonight so we had a extra hours sleep

Day 13 Cozumel
We were up early this morning and had breakfast at Topsiders again
USAOct08871.jpg

It was very windly today and a most of the shore excursions were cancelled
but we were lucky enough
We met up at the Promendade lounge with the rest of our group and we on our way
We had picked the Eco Park and Snorkel excursion . First we had to walk through the shopping center and board our tranport which was a open truck and drive for about 45 minutes to the Punta sur ecological park
USAOct08874.jpg

USAOct08875.jpg

First stop was at a Lagoon filled with salt water crocodiles

USAOct08897.jpg

USAOct08893.jpg

and at a small Mayan temple ruin

USAOct08881.jpg

and then it was on to the lighthouse and museum
which we climbed to the top
great view!
USAOct08916.jpg

USAOct08903.jpg

USAOct08901.jpg

Next we had to drive down a one way dirt road which took forever
to get to the beach where we got to go snorking

USAOct08926.jpg

USAOct08931.jpg

now this was only our 3rd time snorking 2nd time was Castaway Cay 2 days before .The sea was quite rough and we found it hard going but enjoyed ourselves. Seen lots of coral and fish
Most of the group went snorking but you can just spend the time on the beach if you like
Forgot to take any money with us , to used to charging everything on our room card so was not able to buy the photos , but couldn't resisted taking a photo of the photo

USAOct08928.jpg

USAOct08932.jpg

The drive back was really really slow
this was the only part of the trip that we didn't like
at this stage we were tired and hungry and all sand
Think it would have been better if we were taken to the Park in a coach and then transfar to the open truck
We were left back at the shopping center and DH went back and got some money had a walk around but bought nothing
We met a few of our Dis friends there too
We went in to Senor frogs
USAOct08935.jpg

USAOct08937.jpg

but it was so loud we decided to head back onboard for lunch
It was really windly walking back to the ship
USAOct08940.jpg

Back on board and there was more gifts waiting for us in our fish extender
USAOct08948.jpg

After a quick wash and a bit to eat we went up on deck to watch us leaving Cozumel
There was one family just made it back on time :confused3
USAOct08951.jpg

Tonights show was Twice Charmed . This is one of my favourite shows
We watch Guest artist Trevor Colton paint this picture
He was amazing dancing and painting at the same time and the ship was really really rough too I found it hard to stand

USAOct08955-1.jpg

and we had dinner at Lumieres again
Don't think we had our nightly walk were to tired , Word on board was we might not be able to go to Gran Cayman tomorrow but will have to wait and see
Tonights towel animal was
USAOct08953.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter