I'm not sure what to title this, it's about a change of phone number

Serena

<font color=navy>Not afraid of canned biscuits<br>
After my daughter went to basic, I had to change my phone number to an unpublished number. This is her home number, and she doesn't have a clue.

Should I try to contact someone to let her know, who would I contact anyway, or should I just let her panic and call someone else to find out what happened???

I want to call the base, but I think I might be over reacting.

I received one letter from her so far, but it didn't have a return address on it since she didn't know where she was going to be yet.

any advice?

Someone let me know if I'm wrong here, but I think you may be able to contact the Red Cross.

Either that, or contact the local recruiter for the armed forces branch and see if they can help.

And make sure any relative she might try and phone knows your new number in case she calls trying to find out what's going on.

do you have any idea what unit your daughter is with or anything? Do you know what base that she's at? If you know what base she's going through BCT at I can probably get you some sort of phone number for base info and they could tell you what to do. It is important that she get that number in case of emergency, but at that same time, I feel like calling the red cross would be too much, and would keep soldiers who have real emergencys from being taken care of...Anyways...let me know what base she's at, is she's at Jackson, we just recently left there and my DH should be able to tell me where you can call...k? :)

malibuconlee said:
Someone let me know if I'm wrong here, but I think you may be able to contact the Red Cross.

Either that, or contact the local recruiter for the armed forces branch and see if they can help.

And make sure any relative she might try and phone knows your new number in case she calls trying to find out what's going on.

Back when I was in basic I was told families are to only use the red cross in case of an emergency such as a death in the family, someone being ill...

Maybe the local recruiter will know.

Goodluck

Thanks everyone. I think I will call her recruiter and see what he says.

Yes, calling the recruiter was excellent advise, he should know a liason that can get her the info...

I called her dad this morning and he has spoken with her, and gave her my number. So, all is good.

The base that she's at has a special number that I can use to find her. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter