I'm Not Really Harry Potter, But I AM the Rebel Spy! Oct 2016 TR *COMPLETE + New TR Link 8/6

That was nice of the CM to let you ride Toy Story again, it gave you a chance to ride with DS!

Love the pics with Mickey & Minnie! It's great that you only have to wait in one line to meet them both there.

I've never seen those sinks before, cool!!

It was nice getting a bonus ride since the first one didn't really work out.

It's nice that they both got a brand new set up since they got kicked out of the animation building. And definitely nice that it's only one line for both!

That's annoying - I was going to say I hope you mentioned it to a CM and they let you ride again or gave you a FP...

But then you went on to say this lol! That's great :)

It was a nice bonus since it was a less than fun first ride. DH and DS really made out on the deal since they got 2 good rides out of it!! lol

In December I looked for the new meet & greet location briefly (ie. I didn't give it much more effort than walking past the old Sorcerer Mickey meet near TSMM, remember he'd moved, and then forgetting to look where he was now lol). What a cool place!! Def going on my to-do list for June :)

It's right across from Sci-Fi, I think the American Idol auditions used to be in that space.

So he is too afraid to ride BTMRR but enjoys this?? LOL Aria is terrified of this ride, but loves BTMRR. Go figure!

He is a bit inconsistent when it comes to what he will ride and what he won't! lol I am going to try my hardest to get him on BTMRR in DL and hopefully Kong in the fall at Universal. I have been showing him pictures from TRs of Aria and Peter riding it and telling him how much younger they are than him and they aren't scared!

Oh, I wish we had met Sorcerer Mickey - he's just so cute!!

He's my favorite styled Mickey to meet!

That's a pretty nice M&G, that's for sure! We don't even do M&G anymore since DD hates them now. (She hates most things - darn surly teenager.)

We haven't seen muppets 3-D in AGES. We were going to last trip, but ended up not having time. Maybe sometime this year.

DS already fights me on character meets, so thankfully I'll have a few more years with DD before we get to the flat out refusals!

Hopefully you get to fit it in next time! Such a classic!

It's a shame your son didn't have his Sorcerer Mickey hat on for the pictures with him. I know he often wears it in the parks.

It was so nice of the cast member to let you ride Toy Story again. A little unexpected pixie dust is so nice.

I know, right?! I don't know why he didn't have it that day, to be honest.

It was definitely a nice surprise that was very much appreciated!

The sets look great, especially Mickey's. Love the Yensid reference in the spell book. If I'm being honest, I'm not a big fan of Minnie's outfit though. Not to ruin any magic here, but when you look at her bare arms, you can see stitching in the black on her shoulders. I know that's being very picky, but I've noticed it before.

That's so true, I never noticed that about Minnie's arms in that particular dress! I totally see it now. Good thing the kids are oblivious lol.

Backlot Express is a place I have never been, but I've read it's generally decent, for standard quick service food. Those sinks do look like fun, I can imagine my youngest DD getting a kick out of them. What is the theming there? I guess it's some kind of workers change room or something?

They do have a pretty good selection for a QS, so that's why we like it. It's supposed to be like a prop warehouse, I think. There's a lot of props hanging from the ceiling and stuff, and they play a lot of well known music from TV and movies. My dad gets a kick out of it because he loves Sanford & Son and they play the theme music a lot in there! I think that back corner where the sinks are is supposed to be a break room of sorts because I seem to remember some old lockers there too.

I didn't know about the key on our last trip. I would love to show this to DD. I expect she may have the same reaction as your son. I think I would get a bigger laugh out of it because I'm such a Muppets fan.

DH and I definitely appreciate it a lot more than DS does!! lol He was like, what's the big deal...it's a key?!

I'm here :) Ive been absent for disboards for awhile, excited to catch up!

Welcome back!!!

Day 3 Continued: Monday October 10th

After we had finished eating, we could use our Star Tours FP. We went up to the entrance and got a rider swap pass, then I stayed with DD while DH and DS went to ride. I took her over to a shady spot by Sci Fi to wait while she finished her nap.

When they came back to find me after riding, DS told me he had been picked to be the Rebel Spy! I was pretty disappointed to have missed out on that, but I was really excited for him. We decided to go use the rider swap right away, and he could tell I was disappointed, so he told me, “Don’t worry, Mom, maybe I will be the Rebel Spy again and you’ll be able to see it.”

Wouldn’t you know, we went on the ride and…he was the Rebel Spy again!!! How lucky is that?! So I didn’t have to miss out on it after all. After it happened, he kept saying, “See! I told you, I told you!” It was too funny. I think DH almost didn’t believe us at first when we told him what had happened, because really, what are the chances of being the Rebel Spy 2 rides in a row!

We found DH and DS back over by Indiana Jones, where DD was now running around like a crazy woman. DS joined her for a bit while DH and I decided what to do with the rest of our day. The weather was SO nice and beautiful, and DD had just had a great nap, so we didn’t really want to go back to the room. We decided to take advantage of the cooler temperatures post-hurricane, knowing the heat would be back in a couple more days, by spending the afternoon at Epcot. It’s always so hot walking around World Showcase with hardly any shade happening, so this would be the perfect day to take our time wandering WS and letting DS do the Kidcot stations that he loves so much.

On the way out of DHS, we stopped to take some Photopass pictures.

We left DHS to drive over to Epcot. I guess we had to park far back, because DD and I took some tram selfies.

We made it to World Showcase, and since we always seem to go to the left and start at Mexico, we decided to change it up and start in Canada instead this time.

We stopped at the Desserts & Champagne booth and decided to get a Coke float to share.

The Canada pavilion is so pretty!

We had to look around a bit, but eventually we figured out where the Kidcot stop was, so we went to get DS a Duffy to color and get it stamped, and he set to work getting it colored.

Next up, we found the UK Kidcot stop in the toy store.

UP NEXT: More World Showcase!

Looks like a great day, I can't believe your son was the rebel spy twice in a short time wow! All the times we have rode SW we have never been the rebel spy. We went to EMH in October and my sister was the spy! Good idea to enjoy WS with moderate temperatures! Your PP pictures came great with your dd smiling so cute. How much age difference between your two kids? Mine are 5&1/2 years apart. My son was in kindergarten when my dd was born, thinking yours are similar. Mine of course are way older 17 & 23. Don't blink because they grow so fast. It is awesome you will have all these photographs from trips to cherish over the years..

Wouldn’t you know, we went on the ride and…he was the Rebel Spy again!!! How lucky is that?! So I didn’t have to miss out on it after all. After it happened, he kept saying, “See! I told you, I told you!”

Woohoo! That's awesome luck! So glad you got to enjoy it with him, and it was sweet of him to worry about you, too :) <3

Cute family photo!

I can't believe on our next trip I'll need to get Maya her own Duffy! She enjoys coloring now. I'm sure Delilah will want her own too!

That's cool about the rebel spy. We've never been chosen. I've heard the CM that loads you in the cab is the one that picks the rebel spy, so if you ever really want to have DS be picked for a birthday or something, that's the person to talk to on an aside.

I personally am much more interested in being "That Guy". (You know what I'm talking about...)

Wouldn’t you know, we went on the ride and…he was the Rebel Spy again!!! How lucky is that?! So I didn’t have to miss out on it after all. After it happened, he kept saying, “See! I told you, I told you!” It was too funny. I think DH almost didn’t believe us at first when we told him what had happened, because really, what are the chances of being the Rebel Spy 2 rides in a row!
That's great that you got to see him be the Rebel Spy! Something similar actually happened to DW, but not two rides in a row. It happened a couple days apart but somehow she was the spy both times. I was not impressed because I'm the Star Wars fan! She hasn't even watched the movies!

How funny/awesome that DS was the rebel spy twice!!

I love the PP pictures from DHS/Epcot. And so many pretty World Showcase pictures, glad you were able to hop over there to enjoy the nice weather!

I couldn't help but chuckle at a couple of the Photopass pictures where DD was yanking on DS's hair. Evie does that to poor Landon all the time, too, and by this point he's just accepted the pain. :rotfl2:

How cool that Paxton got picked to be the rebel spy both times! What're the odds? That worked out perfectly, so that both you guys didn't have to miss out on the experience. How great.

We got ready and had breakfast in the room, leaving the resort around 8 am to get to DHS for the morning. Instead of the old opening they had done for a while that we really liked where they would start letting people in around 8:45 to 8:50 and let people start trickling into the park, they had gone back to holding everyone back with a rope near the Starbucks location. That was disappointing, as it seems to make that stampede effect over to TSM even worse.
Yeah, I kind of liked the way they just let the crowd trickle in. But in all honesty, I just wish they'd figure out a way to do it and stick with it rather than switch it around all the time. It makes planning a pain in the butt!

DS and DH rode together on one side, and I rode with DD on my lap, but my gun was not shooting correctly. It wasn’t aiming properly.
Sure it wasn't... :rolleyes1

It was a very fun meet! I loved the sets they had for each of them, and that you could wait in one line for both characters. Hopefully they keep this one around for awhile! I was sad to see Minnie’s old dressing room meet and greet area go, but this one is just as cute.
Those sets really do look great. That's in the soundstage by TSMM where Narnia and Pirates used to be, right?

When they came back to find me after riding, DS told me he had been picked to be the Rebel Spy! I was pretty disappointed to have missed out on that, but I was really excited for him.
That's a cool experience... and yes, disappointing that you didn't get to see it, until...

Wouldn’t you know, we went on the ride and…he was the Rebel Spy again!!! How lucky is that?!
That's just crazy! I'm glad it worked out so well and even better yet it let him think he can predict the future!

It’s always so hot walking around World Showcase with hardly any shade happening
::yes:: I've always felt that way. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter. All that open air across the water really allows for a wind chill there.

We had to look around a bit, but eventually we figured out where the Kidcot stop was, so we went to get DS a Duffy to color and get it stamped, and he set to work getting it colored.
Nice! We've always bypassed those in the past, but if we have time while we're in EPCOT, this might be a really good way to spend some time on a hot day.

I'm here and all caught up! So glad this trip happened for you with the hurricane and last-minute travel plan changes - what a way to start it off!

We just booked our October trip today and it's exactly the same start date as yours, so here's hoping there's no hurricanes. Also, your report is getting me so excited to go back when the Halloween decorations are up and Food & Wine is going on - it's been too long! (2011 was our last F&W trip)

I'm sorry you missed out on your last chance to see Wishes (unless you are going to pull one of those last-minute-have-to-see-Osborne-Lights-before-it's-gone things again, haha). We didn't get a chance to see it in February either, but at least we saw it in December (from behind the castle). Really hoping the new show is as special.

You've got some great travel plans on the horizon. Can't wait to hear all about them!

Looks like a great day, I can't believe your son was the rebel spy twice in a short time wow! All the times we have rode SW we have never been the rebel spy. We went to EMH in October and my sister was the spy! Good idea to enjoy WS with moderate temperatures! Your PP pictures came great with your dd smiling so cute. How much age difference between your two kids? Mine are 5&1/2 years apart. My son was in kindergarten when my dd was born, thinking yours are similar. Mine of course are way older 17 & 23. Don't blink because they grow so fast. It is awesome you will have all these photographs from trips to cherish over the years..

It was really cool that he got to be the spy not once but twice! In all the times we had ridden before none of us had ever been chosen as the spy either. I'm sure we can never replicate that experience!! lol

They are pretty much 5 years apart, as DD was born in August, just before DS turned 5 in October. She was actually born just a week before he started Pre-K. It was one of my biggest worries when my due date was approaching that I would still be in the hospital after delivery and miss his first day of school!

Woohoo! That's awesome luck! So glad you got to enjoy it with him, and it was sweet of him to worry about you, too :) <3

It was crazy lucky!! He was I think more excited that I got to see him be the spy than he was at being the spy twice, which is so sweet of him too.

Cute family photo!

Thanks!

I can't believe on our next trip I'll need to get Maya her own Duffy! She enjoys coloring now. I'm sure Delilah will want her own too!

I know!! Delilah loves coloring too, she gets SO into it! She will definitely want her own Duffy next time around.

That's cool about the rebel spy. We've never been chosen. I've heard the CM that loads you in the cab is the one that picks the rebel spy, so if you ever really want to have DS be picked for a birthday or something, that's the person to talk to on an aside.

I personally am much more interested in being "That Guy". (You know what I'm talking about...)

Good to know for future trips! We had never been picked as the spy before either in all the times we have ridden, so for him to get it two rides in a row was just crazy.

YES!!! I wonder if there is a strategy to being picked as That Guy...

What a cute family photo! Look at your little DD's expression of wonder!

I'm loving all your gorgeous pictures. Especially the Canada Pavilion pictures since that's where we'll be having our wedding in the summer.

Thank you!

Oh wow, that will be a gorgeous location for a wedding!!!

That's great that you got to see him be the Rebel Spy! Something similar actually happened to DW, but not two rides in a row. It happened a couple days apart but somehow she was the spy both times. I was not impressed because I'm the Star Wars fan! She hasn't even watched the movies!

Haha I have seen the movies but Star Wars is definitely more enjoyed by DH and DS, so I was glad it was DS that was picked. He thought it was so cool!

How funny/awesome that DS was the rebel spy twice!!

I love the PP pictures from DHS/Epcot. And so many pretty World Showcase pictures, glad you were able to hop over there to enjoy the nice weather!

Crazy lucky that he got it twice!! Never would have expected that to happen.

It was probably the most perfect afternoon in Disney we have ever had, both the weather and the crowds were just perfect. The one good thing to come out of Hurricane Matthew, I guess!

I couldn't help but chuckle at a couple of the Photopass pictures where DD was yanking on DS's hair. Evie does that to poor Landon all the time, too, and by this point he's just accepted the pain. :rotfl2:

How cool that Paxton got picked to be the rebel spy both times! What're the odds? That worked out perfectly, so that both you guys didn't have to miss out on the experience. How great.

I know, I don't even notice she is doing it most of the time until I see the pictures later, and DS never says anything!! lol

It was really crazy to see his face pop up on the screen! I think he was more excited that I got to see it than he was that it happened two rides in a row.

That's so neat that your DS was the rebel spy twice! I bet that just made his day :)

It did make his day! And mine too that I got to see it!

Yeah, I kind of liked the way they just let the crowd trickle in. But in all honesty, I just wish they'd figure out a way to do it and stick with it rather than switch it around all the time. It makes planning a pain in the butt!

It was so much easier that way! But yes, I totally agree, they need to pick one a keep it because it's hard to plan when you don't really know what to expect.

Sure it wasn't... :rolleyes1

Well, it certainly is nice to have a built in excuse, no matter what!!

Those sets really do look great. That's in the soundstage by TSMM where Narnia and Pirates used to be, right?

No, it's actually over by the Sci-Fi restaurant. I think they used to do the auditions for American Idol there?

That's a cool experience... and yes, disappointing that you didn't get to see it, until...

That's just crazy! I'm glad it worked out so well and even better yet it let him think he can predict the future!

It was a really awesome surprise!

::yes:: I've always felt that way. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter. All that open air across the water really allows for a wind chill there.

Yep, it's so rare to have such nice weather in WS since it's usually one extreme or the other. I was completely in awe of how perfect the weather was.

Nice! We've always bypassed those in the past, but if we have time while we're in EPCOT, this might be a really good way to spend some time on a hot day.

Most of the spots are inside of stores in the a/c so it's definitely a nice way to cool off while exploring WS.

I'm here and all caught up! So glad this trip happened for you with the hurricane and last-minute travel plan changes - what a way to start it off!

We just booked our October trip today and it's exactly the same start date as yours, so here's hoping there's no hurricanes. Also, your report is getting me so excited to go back when the Halloween decorations are up and Food & Wine is going on - it's been too long! (2011 was our last F&W trip)

I'm sorry you missed out on your last chance to see Wishes (unless you are going to pull one of those last-minute-have-to-see-Osborne-Lights-before-it's-gone things again, haha). We didn't get a chance to see it in February either, but at least we saw it in December (from behind the castle). Really hoping the new show is as special.

You've got some great travel plans on the horizon. Can't wait to hear all about them!

It was beyond stressful in the days leading up, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking, what if we cancel and miss out on an awesome trip? We were so glad we kept our plans!

I was actually surprised that we were impacted by a hurricane that late in the season! Hopefully you'll be ok with your dates. I'm bummed to be missing out on a fall trip this year. It's my favorite time of year at WDW!

Oh, how I wish we could pack in a last minute trip just to say goodbye to Wishes! If we still had those APs, we just might have to consider it!

Once DS had gotten his stamp, we crossed the bridge over to France.

We came out in time to see Serveur Amusant start their performance.

They were very entertaining and not to mention talented! We really enjoyed their show. We definitely don’t spend enough time seeking out the World Showcase entertainment, so we were now totally sure we had made the right decision to spend the afternoon here on such a gorgeous day.

We were ready for another Food & Wine snack, so we stopped here at the Belgium stand.

It was so good! My only complaint was that it was so small and I wanted more. Lol I wanted to try the Belgian waffle with fruit as well, but DH wasn’t as interested, so we went with the chocolate and whipped cream.

After polishing that off, we made our way over to Morocco for another Kidcot stamp.

Up next was Japan.

He always really likes the Japanese Kidcot CMs because they always write and draw a lot on his Duffy. Once, the CM even drew Baymax! But I don’t think that was this particular visit.

Then we went over to America.

Some of you who have read my past TRs may know that I’m a HUGE Hanson fan. Yes, that Hanson. They have their own beer called MmmHops. Yes, the name is dumb. Lol I’m not a beer drinker at all, so I have never tried it, but DH decided to give it a try this visit.

Somehow he did convince me to try a sip. Yep, still don’t like beer at all. Love Hanson, don’t like their beer.

Yeah, this girl we are going to have some trouble with.

Untitled
by disneymom1024, on Flickr
She didn’t want to take no for an answer!!

Next on our World Showcase tour was Italy!

The pull of the German trains sucked DS in, of course.

While he was watching the trains, I noticed there was a Photopass CM set up in the middle of the pavilion, so I took DD over for some photos. They came out really cute! She had a tissue in her hand for some reason and wouldn’t give it up for the photos, but she was acting silly.

After our photoshoot, we met them inside the teddy bear shop where the Kidcot stop is.

I think DS decided to color a bit more on his Duffy so we ended up spending a longer time at this stop. DD didn’t want to try on Rapunzel hats for me.

Continued in next post...

Reactions: DLo

There was a big toy chest full of stuffed Duffys, and we spent the longest time sitting there while she took allllllll of the Duffys out and then put them allllllll back in. She had a blast!

We stopped for a bit at the Outpost to watch this guy carving wooden walking sticks.

Such talent! I don’t understand how people can turn a block of wood into something so intricate.

Then it was off to China!

Over to Norway next.

Somehow it looks like that is the only picture we took there?? I know I checked the wait time for Anna & Elsa hoping to squeeze in a meet, but it was around 40ish minutes, so not worth it being that I was the only one who wanted to do it.

We finished up in Mexico.

The Chocolate Studio booth was calling our names!!

We got probably our favorite item of the day here, the Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel.

DS refused to try it, but DD was a fan! The three of us were basically fighting for the last bite!

I know I said it before, but it bears repeating…it was a PERFECT day to wander World Showcase!! We had originally said we’d hit maybe half of the Kidcot stops today and do the rest another day of the trip, but the weather was so nice and comfortable that we just kept going and ended up hitting them all.

We stopped for a quick dinner, then DH and DS went over to use the Test Track FP I had managed to pick up for them earlier in the day before we park hopped over to Epcot. We all walked over to get a rider swap for later on in the trip, then I took DD over to sit by Spaceship Earth to wait for them.

I think this face says it all!

They seemed to be taking FOREVER to come back, so I finally texted DH to see what was going on. When DH texted back, he said they had been on their way over but had to stop because DS still had rocks in his shoes from the dig site the day before!! I couldn’t believe he had been walking on them all day without saying anything until the end of the day. Crazy kid.

We called it a day a bit early and were back in our room by 7 pm for baths. DD went right to bed, and DS and I had time to read Harry Potter before he went to bed. DH had to make a run to the pharmacy for some cough medicine for DD, then we all went to bed early!

Reactions: DLo
glad you enjoyed the new meet & greet spot with Mickey and Minnie - fully agree it is nice to get both for one wait in line and the settings are really nice they have for them. When we went I tried to take a picture of spell book and the PP photographer pointed it out and Mickey gave me the "hands on hips means not happy with what you are doing" playfully

Cute family picture!

Great call taking advantage of the nice weather at EPCOT - and wow, that's awesome you got to all of the kidscot stations in one day

haha, love this picture. Definitely been there with my kids (it got to the point of my dipping my finger in the beer to let them try it assuming they would hate it .. nope, they all loved it and only made them want it more!)
31230118063_88bd996dbc_c.jpg

yeah, I mean, I guess he liked it a little ;)

Sounds like a really great day

We definitely don’t spend enough time seeking out the World Showcase entertainment,

As I was reading your report I was thinking the same thing, and making a mental note to see some this next trip! Aria would get a kick out of them!

Somehow he did convince me to try a sip. Yep, still don’t like beer at all. Love Hanson, don’t like their beer.

Hahaha, what did your DH think? I'm not a beer drinker either :-/

This is hilarious and so cute!

Loved this series of photos! So sweet

Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel.

WOW that sounds amazing!! I didn't read much about F&W last year since we were missing it, but I will be sure to look for the chocolate booth details for this year!

Forgot to quote, but loved the photos of Paxton on TT too, so cute! And how funny he walked around with rocks in his shoes lol!

No, it's actually over by the Sci-Fi restaurant. I think they used to do the auditions for American Idol there?
Oh, ok. Thanks!

Some of you who have read my past TRs may know that I’m a HUGE Hanson fan.
What? Really? No way! :rolleyes1

Yeah, this girl we are going to have some trouble with.
She's just a little thirsty... :drinking1 :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

That's a great picture! She looks so happy.

There was a big toy chest full of stuffed Duffys, and we spent the longest time sitting there while she took allllllll of the Duffys out and then put them allllllll back in. She had a blast!
Cheap entertainment.

You know as long as you don't have to buy all those Duffys.

I know I said it before, but it bears repeating…it was a PERFECT day to wander World Showcase!! We had originally said we’d hit maybe half of the Kidcot stops today and do the rest another day of the trip, but the weather was so nice and comfortable that we just kept going and ended up hitting them all.
That's great! I'm glad you got to enjoy so much of World Showcase. It really looks like everyone was in a good mood and enjoying themselves. Those perfect Disney days can be hard to come by.

When DH texted back, he said they had been on their way over but had to stop because DS still had rocks in his shoes from the dig site the day before!! I couldn’t believe he had been walking on them all day without saying anything until the end of the day. Crazy kid.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Sounds like such a nice time exploring all the countries!

DD's face with the beer is PRICELESS! :rotfl:

The PP pics of you and DD in Germany are so cute, and I love that she was having fun playing with the Duffy bears!

DS's face on Test Track is precious, so much excitement!

It really sounds like it was a perfect day for you all! :)

I enjoyed reading about your trip around the World Showcase! Sounds like a pretty perfect day at Disney. Rebel Spy twice - how funny is that? Cute pictures of your DD with the beer and DS on Test Track. You did so much and still got to bed early - my kind of day :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter