Delete Thread

First of all, you have solidified my thinking that I will not be attempting Uber anytime soon!
I bought that tank top in March :)
I need to get over to your dining report to see what you thought of your Homecomin' meal, but I'm sorry you weren't feeling great. Steve and I just ate there for the first time this past Sunday but I'll keep you in suspense as to what we thought till I get to it in my dining report!
I really wanted D-Living to still be all BaTB-ed out, but it was already made up for summer this weekend. Pretty neat that they change it up so often though.

We had gotten a text that morning to check into Homecomin' 15 minutes early. It was around that time when we met up with @DexLabDeeDee and Becky so we headed straight over there, bidding @xlsm goodbye. :wave2: We were seated right away, and this time we opted to sit inside.

I didn't really vlog, note take, or photograph this portion (aside from food pictures) because we were having such a good time! DTR update is coming but here's a preview :rotfl: well I guess this would be an outtake because I was taking a picture of the eggs, but I got @DexLabDeeDee & Becky in the background.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-15%20at%208.53.51%20PM.png

Our food did take about an hour to come out, but it didn't feel too long because we were all talking, and our waitress was very upbeat and friendly.

Yum! I love Homecoming! Now I need to jump over to your dining report to see the pictures of all the delicious food you had :)

Sadly I was having a case of indigestion pretty badly that had started back in the Uber, and was getting worse when I tried to eat all the deliciousness. Most of us did not finish our meals, but I wish I had room to! :sad: Oh well, another reason to go back!

Oh, that's the worst! I totally understand, I always get so sad when I'm staring at an amazing looking meal but I just can't fully enjoy it because of my stupid stomach :(

That chair looks so comfortable!

We checked out several more shops, including Tren-D where I bought a really cool Haunted Mansion tank.

screen-shot-2017-05-20-at-7-41-46-pm-png.238259

This is so cute! I think I looked at this when I was in Disneyland, but just didn't buy it for some strange reason...

I was curious to see Saratoga Springs, because we live nearish the real Saratoga Springs. Although this is a turn of the century version of the town. Saratoga Springs is known for horse racing and the track is pretty popular in the summer months it's open. That part of Saratoga Springs isn't of much interest to us, but I do want to go there to check out some shops and restaurants this summer.

We didn't do too much looking around besides the lobby.

Saratoga Springs is pretty cute! I really liked all the little details of things in the rooms - one of the little pillows on the couch had Disney horses as well, and part of the comforter had a Fox and the Hound print on it.

Also - the Turf Club is overlooked a lot as a table service restaurant, but we really enjoyed it!

I've always heard such great things about Homecomin'. Sorry you couldn't eat much of it. :( great excuse to get back though.

We stayed at Saratoga back in 2015. Loved it!

I've always heard such great things about Homecomin'. Sorry you couldn't eat much of it. :( great excuse to get back though.

We stayed at Saratoga back in 2015. Loved it!

It's really good! We've been there before too, and I had the fried chicken then. It's definitely a good excuse to go back :rotfl: I'm still deciding if we're going back next trip or on another one.

We'll have to stay there one day and check it out.

Hi Raven
Enjoying your trip report! DD and I are in Disney now enjoying Reggies Revenge and a cold beer at Jock Hangers. I loved your post about getting into trouble here :rotfl:
It's been a little over a year since we've been and the wait staff today is severely lacking boardering on rude. Makes me want to move some chairs around and close the door ;)

I've only missed two vlogs from being gone - good!! I can catch up quickly tomorrow then :dogdance::dogdance:

Here's the pictures of us and the view that weren't in my DTR:

So pretty! We've never done a meal at the Contemporary. I actually haven't been inside except whoile riding a monorail since I was a small child at a Chef Mickey breakfast *hangs head in shame* (we were going to visit on our recent trip, but you'll read later about how that didn't work out!) But I'd really like to go back sometime! Maybe for brunch since your dining review and a few others' I've read made it sound awesome!

After brunch we changed out of our nice "brunch clothes", (so fancy sounding) :rotfl:

Your brunch clothes looked fab!

Our first real view of Flower and Garden outside pictures was on the monorail, and we both said "wow!"

<3 so pretty!

It was great to see them! Hopefully we'll run into each other on another trip in the future when we have more overlapping days.

So nice to squeeze in a Dismeet! I'm hoping we might be able to work something out with @chunkymonkey for this August :)

Next year is the festival's 25th year so I decided that meant we had to go again!

Oh no, why did you tell me that!? I'm gonna be in school! We're gonna be broke! ...but that sounds like something we should totally experience... :P

And you feel like other people are looking at you like you're crazy? But then they're taking flash pictures so who cares!

Gah! I relate to this statement so strongly. Constantly feeling judged for my inner child (ok, let's be real...outer child...) at Disney...but I'm always incredulous of flash-photo-takers and other rule breakers who take away from the experience for other people! :mad:

We didn't really have time to stop and take anything in right then though since we had headed over to meet @chunkymonkey and her husband before they left on ME that afternoon.

Thanks for coming to Epcot to meet us!! Although we technically had already met at Jock Lindsey's.

We met them at the entry to the World Showcase, where we chatted and took some pictures.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-24%20at%208.48.43%20PM.png

It was great to see them! Hopefully we'll run into each other on another trip in the future when we have more overlapping days.

It was great seeing you guys! Your outfit is so cute!

This day was full of getting sidetracked as we hadn't planned to be at Epcot for long, but I found myself just kind of doing things we were near just because, and because we didn't have any plans until later anyway.

Love Mexico Donald!

Now watch me try and fail at artsy pictures with my violet lemonade!

Haha art is in the eye of the beholder and I think they were a success! :thumbsup2

At this point I changed again.

I was thinking that you were wearing different outfits that day based on what I saw on your Instagram and in person that day, LOL. #I do that sometimes, but only if my outfit is light enough!

Oh well I'm a Disney rebel bringing hard cider out of International Gateway!

That should have been the name of your TR...Disney Rebel or Disney Troublemaker, LOL

The adventure to find my Groot cup continues at HS!

Hee hee :thumbsup2

So nice to squeeze in a Dismeet! I'm hoping we might be able to work something out with @chunkymonkey for this August :)

Definitely! :)

I love this. I can't believe the Uber driver got lost. That's just weird. LOL!!

We did park hopping a lot when we lived in Florida and went to Disney all the time. So, we would ride the Monorail to Epcot all the time. We did it do much that Chris knew the Spanish portion of the please stand clear of the doors. LOL!!

Okay, so when you were talking about the violet lemonade and not sharing with Josh this came to mind....

Joey.jpg

That's the way I am. LOL!!

I hope they still have the Groot cups when we got in September. I really, really love Baby Groot. I really want one of those. LOL!!

I'm really loving your trip reports...

Oh forgot to add: when we took Uber the driver didn't exactly get lost, but he was following GPS so strictly that he missed the registration building of the hotel because he followed the GPS all the way out to some maintenance parking lot somewhere! Then he looked at us like he expected us to get out there. Like, what? Eventually he got turned around and started following the incredibly straightforward signs to the lobby. Haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter