"I'm Mary Poppins Y'all" May 2017-25th BDay TR-Completed 8/23

Raeven

DIS Veteran
We're back from our 4th Disney trip! If you want to read more about our planning process the link is here: PTR

(And if you want to follow along on the PTR for our next trip in September that's the same as the link above)!

Introductions:

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 10.08.43 PM.png

My name is Raeven. I'm 24 years old, and I'm the planner (and photographer!) for our trips. We've done September trips twice, and one December trip, but this was our first May trip! In honor of my 25th birthday, but a little early :cake:
party:

I love the Magic Kingdom, beating Josh at TSMM, trying new foods, joining the happy haunts at the mansion, & taking in every detail of Disney.

Favorite ride: Haunted Mansion, 7DMT
Favorite princesses: Cinderella, Rapunzel, Elsa, Belle, & Mulan
Favorite park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite character: Nick Wilde, Pua, Hitchhiking ghosts, & Baby Groot
Favorite Disney Movie: Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, & Tangled

Favorite Pixar Movie: Monsters Inc & Ratatouille
Favorite Marvel Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Favorite Snack (this trip): Amorettes mini cakes
Favorite parade & fireworks: Boo to You & HEA
Favorite restaurant: Shulas & Homecomin'
Favorite Resort: AKL

My trip partner is my boyfriend of 3.5 years, Josh.

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 10.27.16 PM.png

He's 31, loves thrill rides, is great at smoldering, is always up for a trip to Basin or Erin Mckennas, loves animals/Animal Kingdom, is basically Indiana Jones hat and all, and is obsessed with Jiko after this trip.

Favorite ride: Expedition Everest, Safari
Favorite princesses: Mulan
Favorite park: Animal Kingdom
Favorite character: Roger Rabbit, Jack Skellington
Favorite Disney Movie: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Jungle Book Live Action, Wreck it Ralph

Favorite Pixar Movie: Monsters Inc
Favorite Marvel Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Favorite Snack (every trip): Erin Mckennas
Favorite parade & fireworks: Boo to You & HEA
Favorite restaurant: Jiko
Favorite Resort: Poly, AKL

I think we're doing a pretty good job getting the most out of our APs! This trip went pretty well if I do say so myself since no one got sick this time, and we both agree it was our best trip to date! Plans did change when we got there as they sometimes do, but I feel like we did all the big things we had planned. This is trip 3/4 with our APs.

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 10.30.21 PM.png

Even though it's super hot we liked the weather there in May a lot, so maybe in the future we'll have another May trip :thumbsup2
Stay tuned if you want to see:
  • Flower & Garden
  • A goodbye to Wishes
  • Guardians of the Galaxy stuff
  • Guest appearances from other DISers aka DISmeets!
  • Food reviews (Dining report link will be up soon)
  • The story of our hotel fiasco
  • How to keep cool at MK
  • Rivers of Light
  • Dessert parties galore
  • First night of Happily Ever After
  • Pandora AP previews
  • A new favorite ride
  • & a few surprises!
Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 10.12.51 PM.png

And you want to know the answer to these:
  • How many times will we get Violet Lemonade?
  • How far will I walk to get a Groot cup?
  • What's the best burger in Disney?
  • What to do when it's 98 degrees out?
  • What weird place did I get sunburn?
  • How did we like ROL, HEA, and Pandora?
:jumping1:

Vlogs are also coming! We vlogged the whole trip for the first time. Currently I'm working on editing the Pandora vlog first even though it was from the last day, because I want everyone to be able to get a look before it opens. But then I'll edit the rest in order.

And yes the title of this TR is a reference to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. :rotfl: I loved the movie and I've already seen it twice.

Last edited:

Raeven

DIS Veteran
Table of Contents
Introductions

Day 1, Part 1-"We're In Disney Trouble"
Day 1, Part 2-Homecomin'

Day 3, Part 1-"Brunch Clothes"
Day 3, Part 2-Am I Artsy Enough for Instagram Yet?-Violet Lemonade Edition
Day 3, Part 3-"I Would Walk 2 Miles, and I Would Walk 2 Miles More To Be the Lady That Gets That Baby Groot Cup at HS"

Day 4, Part 1-Flower & Garden Fun
Day 4, Part 2-Scandalous Deer (Girl's Night in DS)

Day 5, Part 1-From WL to AKL
Day 5, Part 2-How to Stay Cool...in Summer
Day 5, Part 3-We're Stuck Again, Time for a Selfie!

Day 6, Part 1-98 Degrees & Rising
Day 6, Part 2-At Last I See the Light

Day 7, Part 1-It's Shopping Day! (98 Degree & Rising Pt 2)
Day 7, Part 2-Photopass-"Capturing Your Trip One Weird Expression at a Time"
Day 7, Part 3-"Is This It? Is This the Grand Finale?"

Day 8, Part 1-"This Was Your Plan All Along!"
Day 8, Part 2-"Our Friend with the Mustache"
Day 8, Part 3-Happily Ever After

Day 9, Part 1-Pandora AP Preview Pt 1 aka We Got Our First Paper FP's
Day 9, Part 2-Pandora AP Preview Pt 2 aka This Ride Is Amazing

May 2017 Trip Wrap Up

Vlogs
Day 1-USO/DS

Day 2-Mythos & Dino DNA

Day 3, Part 1-F&G & California Grill Brunch
Day 3, Part 2-Baby Groot & A Goodbye to Wishes

Day 4-Girl's Night At DS

Boma & Tiffins Dining Review
Day 6- Rivers of Light & MK EMH

Day 7-Saying Goodbye to Great Movie Ride
Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party Review + Fireworks

Day 8-Epcot + Happily Ever After Dessert Party & Fireworks

Day 9-Pandora AP Preview

Other
Top 10 Screencaps from Day 1-Day 3 Vlogs
Top 10 Screencaps from Day 4-Day 6 Vlogs
Top 10 Screencaps from Day 7-Day 9 Vlogs

Last edited:
  • LindseyJo22

DIS Veteran
    I'll be following! We are looking to tape (and maybe post vlogs) of our trip for the first time - 3 more days, I'm so excited!

We've also got a Pandora preview booked, so I'm thrilled to be able to get a look before it officially opens. Can't wait to read about your adventures :)

MeghanEmily

DIS Veteran
    I think we're doing a pretty good job getting the most out of our APs!
    Yeah, seems you absolutely are! Having APs is totally dangerous! We intended to use ours for two trips, and now they'll be covering four. Lol.

And the Pandora AP preview vlog:
    Great vlog! Really cool to see your Pandora preview. I think Nathan will love flight of passage. :)

Can't wait to hear about this trip and get answers to all those questions!

• Raeven

DIS Veteran
    Following Along!
    Thanks for following!

Third is a nice place to be!
    Yes it is!

Following along!
    Thank you for following along!

I'll be following! We are looking to tape (and maybe post vlogs) of our trip for the first time - 3 more days, I'm so excited!

We've also got a Pandora preview booked, so I'm thrilled to be able to get a look before it officially opens. Can't wait to read about your adventures :)
    Ahh that's so awesome! And you're so close! You'll love Pandora!

Great job on your vlog-thanks for your hard work.
    Thank you!

Yeah, seems you absolutely are! Having APs is totally dangerous! We intended to use ours for two trips, and now they'll be covering four. Lol.

Great vlog! Really cool to see your Pandora preview. I think Nathan will love flight of passage. :)

Can't wait to hear about this trip and get answers to all those questions!
    :rotfl: It is a dangerous thing.

Thank you! It's an awesome ride.

I'm here, I'm here!! I loved your vlog!! Ah! It seems like you had a GREAT time. Can't wait to read more :D:D
    Thank you! We did! I'm hoping to get more up later tonight maybe
    .​

HomeSweetDisney

You are my new dream.
    I saw some of your pictures on Instagram...looking forward to reading about the trip!

Pandora looks amazing. I honestly wasn't that excited because I have yet to sit through Avatar without falling asleep :rotfl: But after seeing pics and videos, it looks so awesome! The Disney Imagineers really hit it out the park...can't wait to see it in person one day!

Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    I saw some of your pictures on Instagram...looking forward to reading about the trip!

Pandora looks amazing. I honestly wasn't that excited because I have yet to sit through Avatar without falling asleep :rotfl: But after seeing pics and videos, it looks so awesome! The Disney Imagineers really hit it out the park...can't wait to see it in person one day!

Can't wait to read more :goodvibes
    You definitely don't have to like the movie to enjoy it, and I watched it beforehand and it was only semi useful to have seen it since this isn't set in the same time period. I'd say it helped me know what some things are, but other than that it's much better than the movie.

Thank you for following along!

ariane37

Dis veteran
    Jumping in now :yay:
    I love the Country Bears jug you're drinking out of in your intro pic!! Where in MK did you find that?

We've also got a Pandora preview booked, so I'm thrilled to be able to get a look before it officially
    opens.
    Hi there! I noticed your countdown is at 3 days which is when DH and I leave also :) We have the AP preview scheduled for Sat. 12-2; when is yours?

CatNipRules

DIS Veteran
    Loving it so far. I'm hoping that they have that Baby Groot cup when we go in September. I love him!! LOL!!

You are braver than I am. I used to live in Florida and was used to the heat, but never ventured to Disney after April. Now I would probably die down there.

Can't wait to read more.

Raeven

DIS Veteran
    I'm here, too! I'm reeeeeally excited to hear about Pandora!!
    Did you see the vlog I posted of it? And thanks for following along!

Jumping in now :yay:
    I love the Country Bears jug you're drinking out of in your intro pic!! Where in MK did you find that?

Hi there! I noticed your countdown is at 3 days which is when DH and I leave also :) We have the AP preview scheduled for Sat. 12-2; when is yours?
    Yay!

It's in Peco Bill's!

Loving it so far. I'm hoping that they have that Baby Groot cup when we go in September. I love him!! LOL!!

You are braver than I am. I used to live in Florida and was used to the heat, but never ventured to Disney after April. Now I would probably die down there.

Can't wait to read more.
    I love him too! They are having a meet and greet with him and Starlord in One Man's Dream that I think is supposed to be there through the end of the year. So there's more baby groot coming! I hope they do too they've had the BB8 cups for a long time so maybe these will stay for awhile too.

I didn't think May was as bad as September even though it was hotter some days. I tried to stay inside when it was too hot, but less humidity made it a little easier. We also had some nice breezy days in the beginning.

I'm here!! I'm so excited!!
    I also leave in 3 days for our Pandora Preview! Yay!

OK I think I must get that Country Bear Jamboree jug. It's just so cute. Where is it exactly?
    Excited to hear about your adventures!
    Yay! Wow so close!

It is really cute! You can order the strawberry lemonade in it at Peco Bill's. Thank you!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates