I'm I figuring wrong on Q&C vouchers

my3girlstoo

Mouseketeer
I was looking into buying them but at $11.50 I don't seem to come out ahead. Ex. Peco bills: me - chicken wrap $7.39
drink $ 1.99
total w/tax aprox. $ 10.00
so if I added desert I would come out ahead but I normally would not order desert. DH would have cheeseburger and that still doesn't come out cheaper unless desert. So these vouchers are cheaper only if you normally eat desert with your meal??

In most cases you only save a few $$. There are certain places, ie: Beaches & Cream, Pepper Market that you can save more. If you normally don't eat dessert you aren't too much ahead. We wouldn't get dessert without the vouchers either.

There definitely do seem to be some restaurants where it doesn't make much sense to use a Q&C voucher - even if you did get a dessert. I checked the thread "stuck" to the top of this board to see which restaurants were identified as being the best value. I then looked at the menus on allearsnet.com to see prices of items I might be interested in ordering. Some listed as "good deals" didn't really have anything that sounded good to me while others were definitely a good deal.

One other thing - I'm planning that the meal I get with a voucher will be shared with my DD. Others also post about sharing the entree, side and dessert. I think that might be why they are seen as such good budget items - 2 eat for the price of 1 and both get plenty to eat with the dessert.

I have to agree. I feel like I'd be ordering more than I normally would, just to get my money's worth.

Shirley

to determine where you might like to eat. Check the menus on Deb Wills' site to see if your meal would be over 11.50. If you are not a big eater, and like the same type of food as another small eater that is traveling with you, then sharing with a voucher is a great option. I think DD11 and I will share at Beaches & Cream, Pepper Market, Lotus Blossom, and Yakitori House. At some of the other places, like the food court at AS Mo, we will share the desert and she will get her own entree. We will have refillable mugs, so I will probably grab a bottle of something to take to the park the following day, or a milk for DD2. I would not use the vouchers for a place where it would be cheaper just to pay cash. I don't normally purchase desert at WDW for each dinner, unless it is included with my meal. This is not because I don't like it; I'm just budget conscious. So, using the vouchers are a treat for me. Since I have been to WDW a handful of times, I know where I would like to eat, so for most places, the vouchers are a no-brainer for me!

We loved them at the Tangierine Café (EPCOT - Morocco) where we got more than our money's worth even before purchasing the dessert. The menu may look different but it really is very good. I had the Chicken Shawarma Platter with an additional side of tangierine couscous salad. My vegetarian DD14 was in heaven with the Moroccan bread, hummus, couscous and tabouleh from the platter, while I ate the chicken and couscous. We split the very large lemonade and the dessert. It was more food than the two of us could finish. Total cost to feed us both: one voucher.

Chances are very good that we never would have tried the restaurant had it not been for the vouchers but I think that we've discovered a new favorite!

There are some places that you will come out even or maybe just a little under but it is nice to have things prepaid for. I prefer the lunch vouchers for $31. We always do a sit down at lunch anyway. These are great- easy to split between 2 people and you always come out ahead on these.
With the Q&C- if you both want burgers- order a double burger at a place where there are great fixins! I eat one of the patties without bread and let my DD eat the other patty with the bun. You can also purchase another bun for very little $$ but I don't eat bread anyway! This is one time the Q&C can be split and both people are filled up.

we aren't big hamburger fans so rarely eat that kind of counter food. how we found the q/c to be beneficial was we usually split a large sit down lunch using the vkl voucher and found the q/c did save us for our dinner at a resort food court on those days (or at a few of the better deal rest. listed...) or used one to split between the 2 of us ( with dessert) for lunch if we were going to Ohana's or somplace for a large dinner when we wanted something for lunch but not a whole lot...as far as using them to get a burger in the parks, unless you get a double and the extra bun to split it or buy dessert it probably isn't worth your while. we used 6 for a 10 day stay.

Keep in mind that sharing a voucher will still only work in some cases if you order dessert. If your family isn't big on sweets (or prefer your sweets in Mickey Bars, Dole Whips and Beaver Tails - or other snacks you aren't going to get at the restaurant) you may still not come out ahead. And to some people, they aren't about saving money.

The vouchers do seem to be a better deal at the resorts and a few park restaurants than at most park restaurants.

But creative sharing might help. For instance, feeding a family of four using two vouchers and getting an extra burger would work better for us (if we ate dessert - our sweets come later as above - or with dinner) - we only put fries and a drink on one meal anyway and share. And there are those families who can feed two off a single voucher with no adds.

You really do need to think about vouchers - how does my family eat? Where will we use them? Are we a sharing family? Will I feel OK if we save a buck or two, or come back with vouchers where we won't save a buck or two a meal - or will I think it was too much bother? Do I like prepaying for meals, even if the savings isn't there cause I'm not doing math on vacation? Do I want them to hand to a teenager who will split off from the family to make sure he eats?

Thanks everyone for your replys! Since we are a family that does eat desert with our meals and will share meals even without vouchers we will only come out ahead at one restraurant. Not worth buying them for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter