I'm Having a Me Party, A Party By Myself- solo Nov 2017 PTR *Updated 10/20*

Park plans are sounding good! And, hey, if you get tired on the full day, the Peoplemover is always a good nap spot. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great day hopping between DHS and Epcot! I'm sure will be nice to spend a nice evening with DH before he leaves!

Living with the Land is a favorite of mine too...loving your day 2 plans. Debating if I want to head to see Star Wars Sunday night.

I wish we would get info on AEP! I am getting really antsy!

Also, I have yet to see the Little Mermaid show or Beauty and the Beast, so hopefully we can see the Little Mermaid one this morning.

Definitely both worth seeing! I wouldn't see them necessarily every trip, but I've always enjoyed them both!

We’ll actually focus most of our attention on the food booths at the front of the world showcase and the ones in future world.

Yum!!

I would really like to finally see the voices of liberty.

th

So lovely! We heard them for the first time on a recent trip.

Joe’s fight is at 9pm, so he might just take an Uber back to the airport depending on when his Magical Express is scheduled. We think its well worth the money to get every ounce of Disney magic we can together this weekend.

Absolutely worth it!!

Park plans are sounding good! And, hey, if you get tired on the full day, the Peoplemover is always a good nap spot. :thumbsup2
I could never that's like my favorite ride, it is relaxing though.

Sounds like a great day hopping between DHS and Epcot! I'm sure will be nice to spend a nice evening with DH before he leaves!
These plans have already changed for this night :rotfl2: But it will still be a fun night

Living with the Land is a favorite of mine too...loving your day 2 plans. Debating if I want to head to see Star Wars Sunday night.

I wish we would get info on AEP! I am getting really antsy!
Tell me about it. I just want to know times at this point, geez.

Definitely both worth seeing! I wouldn't see them necessarily every trip, but I've always enjoyed them both!
Hopefully I can make to to at least one

I cannot wait

So lovely! We heard them for the first time on a recent trip.
Did you like them? I am excited to see what all the fuss is about.

Absolutely worth it!!
::yes::

Our plans have changed slightly due to Joe, once again, talking me into renting a car. It's something I started contemplating a few weeks ago. I will be going to a few resorts, sometimes early in the morning which necessitates needing an Uber. That combined with the fact that we were going to have Joe take an Uber on his last day and I didn't like having to leave to go to the airport so early on my last day, landed us with renting again:drive:. Even though we will spend more more on a rental than on taking an Uber everywhere, it worth the convenience of having my own transportation, I am pretty much a control freak, so this works for me:rotfl2:. Rental car prices were not as good as I had hoped, so we opted to go with Silvercar for this trip. Joe rented from them when flying to Dallas for his job interviews and fell in love. They only have one kind of car, a silver Audi A4.

th

They pick you up right at the airport and take you to your car and it's all done right on their convenient app. Best part was it was only 30 dollars more to go with them than an economy car through any of the other guys. I am not typically one that cares about the car I am driving, in normal life I drive around in a 2007 minivan:confused3, but I am quite excited to dive something so fancy for a week. :car: So now I will just drive Joe to the airport and on the way back I am very excited to hit up the outlet mall to see if I can snag any deals at the Disney outlet store.

Day 3 Plans

Monday, November 6 is four parks one day challenge. The day will start off much like the day before. Hollywood Studios in the morning, but this morning my goal is to see how many times I can ride ToT in a row. This is one of those things that only during a solo trip would I be able to do. Tower of Terror is my favorite ride and I am going to be happy to ride is all morning.

giphy.gif

After I have had my fill of ToT, I will head over to Epcot again for lunch at the food and wine food booths. I might try to get on a ride or two if I can, but no concrete plans.

Park 3 will be Magic Kingdom. My only goal here is to see Festival of Fantasy.

th

Might try to get on a ride or two here as well, before heading to my final park of the day, Animal Kingdom. I have my fastpasses here for KS, which I will try to ride closer to dusk for a new experience, EE I want to ride and dark, and FoP. Dinner will probably be at Satu'li Canteen and I am so excited to see Pandora at night as well. Since I was unable to get a fastpass for RoL, I am not sure if I will be able to see it, I'll just play that one by ear, but I definitely want to see the Tree of Life Awakenings.

th

This will be another full day, but I think I have paced myself in away that won't be too bad. Plus, I am not doing extra magic hours and AK closes 8, so this will actually be a shorter day than the two before it.

So now I will just drive Joe to the airport and on the way back I am very excited to hit up the outlet mall to see if I can snag any deals at the Disney outlet store.

That's a nice bonus of the rental car! The outlets have some good shopping if you hit them at the right time :)

Monday, November 6 is four parks one day challenge. The day will start off much like the day before. Hollywood Studios in the morning, but this morning my goal is to see how many times I can ride ToT in a row. This is one of those things that only during a solo trip would I be able to do. Tower of Terror is my favorite ride and I am going to be happy to ride is all morning.

How cool that you can be able to do this! Family trips are special, but a solo trip will really give you the chance to do all your favorites without worrying about what everyone else is doing!

After I have had my fill of ToT, I will head over to Epcot again for lunch at the food and wine food booths. I might try to get on a ride or two if I can, but no concrete plans.

Yummy!! Nathan just made an impromptu visit to Epcot for F&W this week when he was in FL for work, and he tried some really yummy dishes! He liked the pork sliders in Hawaii, the loaded mac 'n' cheese, and the spanakopita in greece. And a few of the drinks, etc.

Dinner will probably be at Satu'li Canteen

Yum! I didn't get to eat here and I'm curious what you'll think of it!

That's a nice bonus of the rental car! The outlets have some good shopping if you hit them at the right time :)
I know, I am thinking Sunday night is probably a bad time, but we'll see. I am excited to check it out.

How cool that you can be able to do this! Family trips are special, but a solo trip will really give you the chance to do all your favorites without worrying about what everyone else is doing!
Literally so excited for this, they never let me ride ToT all day :rotfl2:

Yummy!! Nathan just made an impromptu visit to Epcot for F&W this week when he was in FL for work, and he tried some really yummy dishes! He liked the pork sliders in Hawaii, the loaded mac 'n' cheese, and the spanakopita in greece. And a few of the drinks, etc.
Good to know those are on my list as well.

Yum! I didn't get to eat here and I'm curious what you'll think of it!
It's not my usual type of cuisine, but I've heard good things so we'll see.

Day 4 & 5 Plans

I was really hoping that we would have the schedule for our conference by now. It's three weeks away!!!! Apparently, we have to get the schedule from Disney, so more waiting I guess.

200.webp

We were told to block off these days, but I can't do that. So for now I have scheduled some things and if I need to change them, then no big deal.

Tuesday, November 7th.

Another early morning for me since I have a breakfast reservation with @momabaarjo at Trattoria Al Forno. So super excited for this character dining.

200.webp

My two favorite princesses and one of my favorite princes. I'm talking about Flynn Rider/Eugene :lovestruc. I am not a fan of Eric to blah. In case you are wondering my other favorite prince is Naveen :lovestruc:lovestruc.

Thankfully this dining experience takes place at the same place as the conference :thumbsup2. So we can head straight there after breakfast assuming the conference starts at 9 :confused3. Then I'll spend all day doing whatever it we are supposed to do. The very vague schedule says meetings and tours. Last year they got to do a VIP tour, which I know is not the case this year sadly. I am not holding out too much hope for anything super fun, probably just hotel tours. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I am hoping that whatever it is we are doing is done by 5, because I have scheduled FPs at DHS. Like I said no big deal if I have to cancel them. I currently have them for TSMM, ST, ToT. I really do hope that I can at at least make it to Fantasmic as this is now the only night I can see it.

200w.webp

After Fantasmic I plan to hop to Epcot for EMH. I don't have much of a plan this night. Hopefully I can get a ride on TT and Soarin though.

Wednesday, November 8th

I have another 7:30 breakfast reservation, this time at Kona. Kona is my favorite breakfast spot, but we usually skip it with the boys. I for one, want to take advantage of being able to eat here, so I made the ADR. I am doing this solo, which will be weird for sure. I have never eaten in a restaurant alone, so this will definitely be different for me.

That day is another conference day and we will be doing stuff all day. Meetings and training during the day and then a dinner at Atlantic Dance Hall that night. I did grab a FP for Illuminations, but it's unlikely I will make it there.

Other Trip Notables

Along with possible DIS meets, since a few DISers will be down at that time, I have two real life friends I am hoping to see while I am down there. My best friend from college and sorority sister just moved to Orlando in September. I love this girl so much and I haven't see here in forever, so I am really hoping that we can find a time to get together. I am even willing to sacrifice some park time for it :hug:.

I posted my obligatory magicband picture of Facebook. As a TA, these post always get the most interest because people are always wondering what they are.

sorry it's HUGE
22405565_10212405165301409_3264050642991392680_n.jpg

Anyway, an old co-worker from my Starbucks days saw it and said she will be there at the same time :Pinkbounc. She was a big mentor to me when I first started out at Sbux, so it would be really nice to see her. This would be more of a quick hello if we're in the same park together at the same time kind of thing, but still exciting.

Only three weeks to go :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-13_10-41-11.png
    upload_2017-10-13_10-41-11.png
    308.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I would love to take on the challenge of doing ToT as many times as I can! Your 4 parks in one day plan sounds great.

Your conference days sound good. Nice to have some loose plans that hopefully you can keep but if you cant it's not a huge deal.

Getting very close!!

I hope you get the official schedule soon!

I don't know if I could stomach riding ToT multiple times. Can't wait to hear if you were able to do it and how many!

??? Why do you think no VIP tour this year ???? I am getting really grumpy about waiting for information!

I would love to take on the challenge of doing ToT as many times as I can! Your 4 parks in one day plan sounds great.
I never ridden it more than back to back, so I am curious to see how much I can fit in.

Your conference days sound good. Nice to have some loose plans that hopefully you can keep but if you cant it's not a huge deal.
Definitely, I need to be flexible but at least it's only two days of my trip.

Getting very close!!
I know :hyper:. Yours it too, hope you have an amazing trip :goodvibes

I hope you get the official schedule soon!
:rolleyes2 me too. I got an email from my agency today, but it was just to see if we had food allergies. I got all excited for nothing.

I don't know if I could stomach riding ToT multiple times. Can't wait to hear if you were able to do it and how many!
Thankfully I don't get sick on rides. The only one that made my stomach feel a little iffy was Mission Space, but even that only lasted a few minutes.

Yay! This one has been on my list for a while, too. Looks like we'll finally squeeze it in this winter.
Yay for you! It's nothing something I would drag my boys too, so I am glad I have the chance to do it now.

What a cute little GIF <3
Thanks, I stole it from giphy

??? Why do you think no VIP tour this year ???? I am getting really grumpy about waiting for information!
It's all conjecture of course, but I think even though they didn't get their final schedule until much later, I think they knew about the VIP tour in August-ish time frame last year. Also, I don't have the email anymore, but the one they sent back in August I THOUGHT :confused3 it said that we will not need tickets for the two days of the conference. Based on what I know about Disney, they don't let people in without a ticket pretty much ever, so I am thinking we will get no in park time during those two days. I really hope I am 100% wrong hopefully we will know something this week :surfweb: Just sitting here waiting.

Schedule is up...at least we have times for the 2 days...not a lot of details about what we do between start and stop...

Schedule is up...at least we have times for the 2 days...not a lot of details about what we do between start and stop...

Thanks so much for giving me the heads up. Looks like I was right about the no parks thing, that stinks for sure. Quite the difference from last year's getting to do a VIP tour. I will be interested to see what hotels we visit that day though. I am happy to have times though, that definitely helps with the planning.

Last Minute Changes

You know how when it gets down to the last few weeks, and you decide to throw all your plans out the window and start over???

giphy.gif

Okay maybe that's just me, but it seems to happen every trip. Typically it's because Disney makes some last minute announcement that will affect the trip I already planned. I am not sure why I even bother panning my trip so far ahead anymore :confused3. Oh wait it's because if you want any chance of eating in the good restaurants or riding the thrill rides without an hour wait, you have to.

giphy.gif

Sorry, maybe I am little cranky this morning. It not entirely Disney's fault, I knew there was a possibility of the Christmas special taping that week, and I always said I would be flexible around my conference's times once they were announced.

On top of that I was starting to feel very apprehensive about this trip. I booked this week, because this was the week of the conference, so I didn't do too much research about crowd levels or anything like that, because it's not like I could just switch weeks anyway. But I am starting to worry about the crowds:crowded:. See I hate crowds, and not it the everybody dislikes crowds of people kind of way. Seriously is there someone that actually likes crowded places? But my dislike of crowds is more of an all encompassing fear of crowds that causes sometimes crippling anxiety and panic attacks.

giphy.gif

While this can make enjoying WDW even in the lowest crowd times during things like nighttime shows difficult, WDW vacations have also helped me deal with some of my anxieties. However, my happy place can quickly turn into a nightmare for me and I am afraid that this trip I will experience this since the crowd levels are going to be much higher than I am used to dealing with. MK went from having 9 pm closing to closing at 11 and opening at 8 on certain mornings. Not to mention that I think having huge sections of the park inaccessible due to the taping, will cause other areas to feel more congested. Touring plans only has crowd levels set to 5 for most days I am there, but I am skeptical. Anyway, there's not much I can do about the crowds, but try to make the best of it, but just thinking about the crowds is stressing me out.

Monday, 11/6

Sadly, I think I will have to scrap my four parks one day plan. MK has the taping this day, which if last year is any indication, means that the FoF parade will be pushed back. I have FPs over at AK, so FoF is out. Instead I will start my morning at MK and just do a couple of rides, before I head to Epcot for some food and wine munchies. I will most likely take a break this day. My other fear was that I pushing my self from morning until night every day and giving myself almost no downtime, so I think adding a break in here is smart.

I don't want this to be me :rotfl2:
200.webp

Then I will end at AK, just like I originally planned.

Tuesday, 11/7

Our schedule finally came out for this day. We don't have to actually check in until 11 and our breakfast reservation is at 7:30. So I think I will head to DHS for an hour or so to do my ToT marathon before heading back to the Boardwalk. I think we are pretty much doing hotel tours this day and we will end at Disney Springs at 5. I had no plans to go to DS this trip, so I am happy to be forced there, so I can get my holiday turkey sandwich and Earl of Sandwich.

earl-of-sandwich-menu-holiday-turkey.jpg

I have FPs at DHS this night, but I think I may just head in for another ride on ToT and to see Fantasmic. Epcot has extra magic hours, so I will go there for the remainder of the night.

Wednesday, 11/8

I wrongly assumed the conference wouldn't start until 9 and so I made my Kona reservation this morning, but sadly I will have to cancel. We need to check in at 8, but on the bright side we do get breakfast:thumbsup2. We have training all day, lunch will be served. The training ends at 4:45 and then we have our dinner reception from 5:15-7:15. Since this ends sooner than I anticipated, I will have plenty of time to make it over to Epcot for at least one ride and my FP for Illuminations.

Overall, not huge changes, but I am super sad I had to cancel Kona. There are no reservations available Monday or Friday morning, the only other time I can squeeze it in, but I will keep checking.

On another note, over the weekend I finally watched Avatar:jumping3:.

200.webp

I was surprised by how much I liked it. But even more so, I am excited to see how they brought the movie to life in Pandora.

I'm sorry you had to make some changes to your schedule and cancel Kona :( But it still sounds like it will be a good trip!

I just watched Avatar for the first time too and really liked it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter