I'm guessing our family is done with Disney

Postal68

Registered
We have been giving Disney our vacation dollars for 3+ decades. In those 30+ years and I would say about 35 visits we have NEVER done a single rope drop. We are not rope drop people. Vacation to us is not getting up and running to a park at 6/7 am so we can do what we paid for. Now with this horrible FP+ system, we will be lucky to do one headliner attraction a day. Stand by lines as I predicted are growing and slowing to highest average levels ever. Disney only wants you in their parks to spend money on food and souvenirs(and soon FP's), not to see their attractions. I'm sorry Disney, it was a good run, thanks for the memories

(How soon will someone post ....good, less wait time for me or don't worry, someone will easily take your place?)

It would actually make me very sad if people quit going to Disney because of a new paradigm. However, we went with the new system, and rode all the headliners on a busy week, so it is easy enough to do. Hope many like you at least try it before you decide it doesn't work for you.

How will you know that for sure unless you have tried it? I don't get it, bashing it before you have tried it first hand.

Damn sad to read posts like these. I can totally sympathize with the oper. This fast pass plus is backfiring big time.

Not from me. We are rope droppers- most days- but I'm just not liking FP+. That being said, if I won a vacation, or someone gave me one... or I could go for 50% of current best deal prices... maybe I could learn to deal. However, it's too much money to spend on something I'm already not too happy about.

Next vacation will be a week in Orlando... with a couple of Universal nights, a waterpark, the beach, and probably the MNNSHP and I'm so excited!

How will you know that for sure unless you have tried it? I don't get it, bashing it before you have tried it first hand.

How about a million reviews saying how ****ty the new system is? Do you need to try setting yourself on fire to know it is bad. First hand experience is not a necessity in these cases.

How about a million reviews saying how ****ty the new system is? Do you need to try setting yourself on fire to know it is bad. First hand experience is not a necessity in these cases.

Seriously? That's such a bad analogy. Have you tried it? If not, then you have no first hand experience.

Not from me. We are rope droppers- most days- but I'm just not liking FP+. That being said, if I won a vacation, or someone gave me one... or I could go for 50% of current best deal prices... maybe I could learn to deal. However, it's too much money to spend on something I'm already not too happy about.

Next vacation will be a week in Orlando... with a couple of Universal nights, a waterpark, the beach, and probably the MNNSHP and I'm so excited!

Your post made me think of one caveat that I would visit Disney again. For MNSSHP. We don't get caught up in all the character visits, parades or fireworks. We try to catch the fireworks, but we mainly use these parties to ride the attractions with little wait. I do feel I still get more than my money's worth for the halloween and christmas events, and I hope it stays that way. We can arrive at about 4 pm for entry and do almost the entire park before the end of the night(or at least everything that we want to do). The only problem is, these events only take place at the MK so any attractions at the other parks are out.

We have been giving Disney our vacation dollars for 3+ decades. In those 30+ years and I would say about 35 visits we have NEVER done a single rope drop. We are not rope drop people. Vacation to us is not getting up and running to a park at 6/7 am so we can do what we paid for. Now with this horrible FP+ system, we will be lucky to do one headliner attraction a day. Stand by lines as I predicted are growing and slowing to highest average levels ever. Disney only wants you in their parks to spend money on food and souvenirs(and soon FP's), not to see their attractions. I'm sorry Disney, it was a good run, thanks for the memories

(How soon will someone post ....good, less wait time for me or don't worry, someone will easily take your place?)

FP+ actually allowed us to sleep in without having to make rope drop to do our favorite rides. I'm sorry you have decided to bail without even attempting to make it work to your advantage. We certainly did, and loved the new system.

Actually, it's more like a million "I'm not going to try this" posts. The positive reviews get buried by the "never going to try this" posts.:)

Well to be fair if someone does say it, you've been making posts like these for quite a while now. :)

Wow! Hmm! I live in CALI and we do not have that new system at DL/DCA.

Is it really all that bad?

HEY to all those that hate the new system at WDW why don't you come here!!!!

You will get all the MAGIC and then some from the Park that Walt walked in!!!!

We have CARS LAND!!!!

Seriously? That's such a bad analogy. Have you tried it? If not, then you have no first hand experience.

I have not tried it but I can say 10 FP in a day beats 3 FP in a day.

No way anybody can say its not.

Also with legacy it didn't matter if you were on or offsite it was first come first served. Now its a perk for onsite which I get but at some point its a better investment to stay offsite.

Also even if I stayed onsite the idea of booking my days is not a vacation to me.

3 is less than 6.

And I don't believe for one second you (or most of you) will stop going to Disney, no matter how much the complaining/dissatisfaction right now. :) Me? I probably won't go again for quite a few years, but not because of fast pass, just because we'll go other places.

It seems to be much harder on those of you who vacation here every year to two or even more times a year, than to those of us who come once every few years. Maybe that's the difference.

I have not tried it but I can say 10 FP in a day beats 3 FP in a day.

No way anybody can say its not.

Also with legacy it didn't matter if you were on or offsite it was first come first served. Now its a perk for onsite which I get but at some point its a better investment to stay offsite.

Also even if I stayed onsite the idea of booking my days is not a vacation to me.

True, but we loved being able to ore choose them and not have to run around the park. We were sitting at mk for lunch and I was able to get soarin fast passes for 5 pm that night. Walking into Epcot with all the legacy gone with a 90 minute wait was priceliess.

To each his own I guess.

Did a mini trip in October with the new system (off season) and did not have any problems. Couldn't, though, get excited about high season spring break at WDW at this time (on or offsite -- just not fired up to go for some reason). // But OMG Disney is still going to get some of my vacation dollars (Doing LA and Disneyland) lol

And I don't believe for one second you (or most of you) will stop going to Disney, no matter how much the complaining/dissatisfaction right now. :)

It seems to be much harder on those of you who vacation here every year to two or even more times a year, than to those of us who come once every few years. Maybe that's the difference.

Actually you're wrong, at least for my family. My kids are teens now and Disney really doesn't offer us anything new to reel us back in. We enjoyed going there every year, but it was more because it was a tradition for us but we can find other places to spend our allotted income. My kids(and myself) have actually been enjoying Universal Studios during our visits in recent years. Also our other option is cruising which we have discovered, and that was through Disney and they will continue to get my dollars every few years through their cruise line as long as they continue to offer the quality and service that I have come to expect from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter