"I'm gonna throw up, all over your faces" My surprise 19th birthday trip! May 2012

Great trip report. I was disappointed when I read to this point and had to stop. Can't wait to read more.

Sorry this update took a little while!

The three broomsticks was very cool. The line moved really quickly and our food didn't take long at all. We got two plates of cornish pasties which are pastry dough with beef in the middle, salads, french fries, and I got kids mac and cheese because I didn't want french fries.

The cornish pasties were really good, I had a french fry and it was great, the mac and cheese was gross I only ate half of it because I didn't want to be starving later on. It did come with grapes though so I had those.

We also got a pumpkin fizz to try which everyone liked but I ended up drinking it. It was SO good! It was slightly like ginger ale but then it had cinnamon and a little pumpkin flavor.

Overall I'd give it 3/5 it was good but not the best thing I ever ate. The atmosphere is awesome.

disney077-Copy.jpg

After that you guessed it, another bathroom break. I enjoyed the scenery and said goodbye for now to Hogsmeade so that we could go check out the rest of the park.

disney083.jpg

disney082.jpg

disney080.jpg

disney081.jpg

disney079.jpg

disney078.jpg

disney085.jpg

disney084.jpg

After that we walked over to Jurassic Park!!! I love that movie so it was a lot of fun. The water ride was really cool, so glad we had ponchos!
543320_10150838545733367_968785161_n.jpg

392411_10150838547068367_1687400662_n.jpg

From the time we arrived in the Bec and I would spot little hiccups in the park and say "This aint no Didney Worl"

images

This happened a lot throughout the rest of the day :rolleyes:
Disney is just so detail crazy they spoil everyone!

The rest of the park was cool, it had a lot of comic book focused sections which I LOVED!
disney112.jpg

We kind of just strolled through and checked everything out, shopped a little, and then headed to Dr. Seuss!
disney115.jpg

The rides were really cute! I enjoyed that section a lot. There was this train ride that goes over the park that was horribly scary! :crazy2: and the wait was two and a half hours or something like that. Just ridiculous.

After that we did some more last minute shopping up front in the stores that have things from ALL part of the park. I found really cool sunglasses and a fantastic Harry Potter hoodie! I picked up my Honeydukes things. We checked out city walk which was kind of like the pleasure island of universal. It had a lot of fun themed clubs/bars/restaurants.

We only waited ten or fifteen minutes for our bus back to pop :goodvibes
I wrote some more trip report, answered birthday texts and facebook things, and was SO sleepy I passed out until we got back to pop.

UP NEXT: Birthday palooza! British people! Throwing up! And Disney's Animal Kingdom at the Yacht Club!

Yay, the puking part is coming up! I was starting to feel like Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park: "Excuse me, but are there any dinosaurs on this dinosaur tour?" :)

Universal does look really cool, but I'm not surprised by your comments that it's just not on the level of Disney parks. I really do need to get there to see HP, though. And Jurassic Park. I'm guessing there ARE dinosaurs on that dinosaur tour.

The whole Marvel thing interests me, too. It's odd that Universal still has the rights to that. I'm think that Disney could really stick it to them by modifying Wolverine's costume to have a Mickey logo, forcing Universal to advertise for Disney inside their own park. See, I should be in marketing!

Great TR so far! Of course, I can also ask if there is any Disney in this Disney TR, but I won't be so rude. Wait, I just was. Nevermind. Carry on!

Yay, the puking part is coming up! I was starting to feel like Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park: "Excuse me, but are there any dinosaurs on this dinosaur tour?" :)

Universal does look really cool, but I'm not surprised by your comments that it's just not on the level of Disney parks. I really do need to get there to see HP, though. And Jurassic Park. I'm guessing there ARE dinosaurs on that dinosaur tour.

The whole Marvel thing interests me, too. It's odd that Universal still has the rights to that. I'm think that Disney could really stick it to them by modifying Wolverine's costume to have a Mickey logo, forcing Universal to advertise for Disney inside their own park. See, I should be in marketing!

Great TR so far! Of course, I can also ask if there is any Disney in this Disney TR, but I won't be so rude. Wait, I just was. Nevermind. Carry on!

Updates are just slow and short because of work!
Disney part is coming up. We're still just on one day but the next update will be on Disney property and from then on it's all the parks and Star Wars weekend :D

Hello everyone! Thanks for being patient. Here's the next installment,

When we got back to POP we were ready to swim! It was such a hot day! We spent a good hour and a half at the pool and even got fruity drinks. On the way back we stopped to check out the cool sportscar. Rachel and Rebecca spotted a cast member with a birthday balloon headed towards our room so Bec distracted me by pushing the car to "see if it moves" this was not out of the norm for Bec. I didn't even know it was meant to be a distraction! :lmao:

Turns out the balloon wasn't for me. Oh well. The story is still really funny. We spent a good ten minutes checking out the car.

We did notice a caution: wet floor sign right in front of our door. So I picked it up and brought it inside with me.
551769_10150838549708367_1892474511_n.jpg

I thought it was hilarious. I thought it was even more hilarious the next day when I got back from the parks and realized I had forgotten to place the sign back outside the door and housekeeping didn't seem to care because it was still in the room :rolleyes1

After that I called my parents back and told them about my birthday so far. Then I took pictures of my Harry Potter swag.

564309_10150838523568367_1250174201_n.jpg

*Remember how I had dropped the first chocolate frog box I picked up? And then Bec got me a new one and I said I hoped Helga Hufflepuff was inside?! SHE WAS! BIRTHDAY MAGIC! The girls thought so too.

525119_10150838302128367_1843619143_n.jpg

disney118.jpg

After that we got ready and walked over to the bus line for Hollywood Studios so we could then walk over to the boardwalk for birthday dinner. In line with us was a VERY BIG very loud amd happy British family with pretty thick accents. The girls didn't really quite know what they were saying, especially the dad. They were arguing about what day and time it was since they had just arrived from the airport and weren't quite sure. I showed them on my phone and that settled it. Then they noticed my birthday button and all just started singing in unison. They were adorable.

They thought it was my 21st though :lmao:

When we got off the bus we took THE LONG AND HORRIBLE TREK TO THE BOARDWALK THAT LEGITIMATELY TOOK AN HOUR. We were all crazy sore and tired and hungry and laughing about how kind of pathetic it was.
We saw fireworks on the way though,
disney136.jpg

disney131.jpg

We finally found BEACHES AND CREAM. They said the wait would be an hour. I WAS SO MAD. It was about 9:00 at night and I was tired and ready to sit in air conditioning and eat. I'm not sure if it was because it was my birthday or they just made a mistake but not even five minutes later they called our name!

disney141.jpg

disney143.jpg

576742_10150838525573367_1395521660_n.jpg

We ordered burgers which were AMAZING. So good.

AND THEN

547959_10150838521188367_1235651057_n.jpg

292250_10150838640173367_366747457_n.jpg

We got the kitchen sink! It was insane! We ate until we couldn't eat anymore. We didn't get super far since we did just have cheesburgers but I think we made a good dent!

Bec and I were so full but Rachel said she could go for another half of cheesburger popcorn:: :confused3

521308_10150838519623367_814122024_n.jpg

Bec and I sat there exclaiming that we never wanted to see sugar of any kind ever again and I layed down in the booth and told them both

"I AM GOING TO THROW UP ALL OVER YOUR FACES TONIGHT WHILE YOU'RE SLEEPING. I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT."

:rotfl::sick:

We paid and then checked out yacht club. We had a sugar high so we got pretty ridiculous, especially me. My favorite game to play in Disney is paparazzi. It's where I roll around on the floor and hide under plants and behind streetlamps or collumns taking pictures of everyone. So there was a lot of that. And some over the shoulder,

178974_10150838544178367_1354727051_n.jpg

We got a cab back to the hotel. Over on the Frumps trip reports they watch a lot of Stacy but we watch a lot of Phineas and Ferb. It's our favorite. So we did that before bed, typical.

Next up: STAR WARS WEEKEND!!! :goodvibes

We woke up once again at 6am and headed to star wars weekend after a quick bagel. I've never actually found any 'cute' Star Wars clothing which I was bummed about, I really do like to dress theme appropriately. I settled on a Doctor Who t-shirt. Close enough? :lmao:

When we got off the bus they had Star Wars music playing and everyone was in costumes or some kind of Star Wars gear, it was so cool. There were Storm Troopers on the roof of the HS ticket entrance.

iphone2480.jpg

They were very entertaining while we waited. And they even let us into the park a half hour early!

HERE IS SOME PERFECT MUSIC TO SET THE STAR WARS MOOD: :goodvibes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjMNNpIksaI

Rachel waddled on over to Toy Story mania and got fast passes for us! :lovestruc And Bec and I went on Star Tours! On the way we found the different scenes they had set up around the park so we stopped for a picture:

iphone2483.jpg

I am so happy with the remodel of Star Tours. I really enjoyed that ride before and am a little sad it was time to remodel but it's just so cool now! I'm so glad they stuck with the original movies and not the prequels. 'Phantom Menace' is my generations 'A New Hope' and it'll always have a special place in my heart but it can't compare to how much I love the original trilogy.

iphone2487.jpg

Haha! Bec getting ready for the ride.

iphone2486.jpg

Bec really loved the remodel too! We were sad Rachel didn't come on but she felt it was a little too rough for her to ride.

After that we told Rachel we'd meet her over at Starring Rolls. We stopped to check out the main stage for a minute,

disney151.jpg

disney158.jpg

Boba Fett was quite witty and talking with people, trying to scare them into joining the dark side. I really enjoyed this character interaction!

We found Rachel and I went into Starring Rolls for my favorite thing ever,

iphone2492.jpg

A butterfinger cupcake!!! Which Rebecca never had before. I don't think she knew about Starring Rolls? I AM A CUPCAKE FREAK. My parents discovered SR on the disboards, on one of their anniversary or birthday trips (I can't keep track of their trips) they brought back cupcakes for Rachel and I.

On my 2010 trip my brother and I were wandering around by ourselves (he likes to shop and he uses me as an excuse:rotfl: he says he's 'keeping me company' but really he loves the clothes and the home goods) and we shared a chocolate peanut butter one that he was really impressed with.

After that the girls needed a bathroom break and I went on Rockin Rollercoaster!

iphone2499.jpg

Rebecca isn't a HUGE fan of rides because they hurt her stomach, I was so happy she went on them with me though! :hug: However Rockin Rollercoaster is a LOT for someone who is ride sensitive. I love it but it even hurts my stomach HORRIBLY so I'm glad Bec skipped that one. I think it would have made her sick all day.

I loved it as always. The CM in the recording booth made HILARIOUS and sarcastic comments along with the skit the whole time! Everyone was cracking up and I know the whole script so I repeated it along with more than half of the crowd waiting for the ride, I think there were a lot of disers in there with me :rolleyes1

Once I got off I met up with the girls at Toy Story mania.

iphone2510.jpg

iphone2502.jpg

I caught Bec off guard in Star Tours so I had to make it even with this one of Rachel,

iphone2501.jpg

iphone2509.jpg

I was by myself so I won! Finally! haha

After that we went into One Man's Dream

iphone2521.jpg

It just hits you right in the feels.

tumblr_m8x9b7i42j1r5jmsl.gif

Luckily The Great Movie Ride had no wait, it's one of my favorites in all of Disney. We went from there to the 'Darth Mall' but the wait was so long there was no way I was standing there for an hour just to shop, I'd come back later.

We walked through the chaos of Star Tours and saw Queen Amidala and Chewbacca! From there we walked into the Muppets section! I was in the store and found this really cute shirt but there were only two left and neither of them was in my size. Unfortunately it was so crowded and the store was understaffed I couldn't get anyone's attention and ask if they could check the back for more. So I just left, I felt kinda bad for the employees in there it was a big crowd and store to manage for only three people. And I was kinda bummed I didn't get my shirt but it was getting late and I knew the girls were probably as hungry as I was.

After the Muppets I went into Pizza Planet and got a Darth Vader cupcake!

disney160.jpg

and I was able to buy the R2D2 kids lunchbox by itself. I got a to go box for the cupcake, I figured I'd put it in our mini fridge (which all the rooms have now apparently?!?!?!?!!!!) and save it for later. It was pretty melted by the time we got it back to the hotel haha but it was good AND IT HAD PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING. Chocolate and peanut butter is kind of my favorite...

After getting my cupcake we were very, very tired because of our late night/early morning and we were getting hungry so we decided to try 50's Prime Time since we'd never been and we figured it might be fun.

On our way over I saw a little pop up tent and a guy with dark hair and I knew it had to be Ray Park (Darth Maul) so I ran over there and stood in front of him like a complete creeper and waved a little while I took some pictures.

iphone2547.jpg

Here's a collage I made to sum up my day so far for facebook.

Prime Time was pretty crowded so we decided to skip it. The decor in the waiting area was cool though. I've never been in there.

iphone2545.jpg

iphone2544.jpg

Heading back to pop for lunch and a swim seemed like a great idea so that's what we did.

Next up: Trivia, Magic Kingdom, and Pirates with special guests!

Who's the hot blonde? ;)

And isn't there more? I Want to know what happened next!!

(BTW... sounds like we have to introduce you to something else wonderful at the Studios in a couple weeks... )

Sorry it's been so long since an update! I realized that I never put up a picture of Rachel's baby who was born in July. This is Gus :goodvibes
539818_10150957064843367_663014653_n.jpg

I've been working SOOOO much which is why there has been a lack of update! I am determined to finish before I leave for Disney on Saturday though!

When we got back to the Hotel from Star Wars weekend, we decided to eat and then swim. Just as we finished lunch they started Disney trivia by the pool :thumbsup2: We won of course! Rachel and Rebecca let me pick a prize so I got this really cute tye dye drawstring bag. Good souvenir since we were in the 70's building. They kept going with the trivia but we decided to sit it out since it was all easy and someone else deserved a chance to win.

After that it was Magic Kingdom time. FINALLY. I texted my disboard friend Zach, (who's no longer active on here) that I've tried to meet up with a million times before but we were never in the same park the same day, turns out he was headed to MK as well! We were going to meet up at Pirates once he and his friend Richard found a parking space. Our other Disney obsessed friend Evan was there too but he was on a date :love: so we decided maybe we'll hangout with him on another trip.

disney173-1.jpg

disney176-1.jpg

disney179-1.jpg

First thing we did was go to the tiki room. I loved it, I don't remember going in there when I was younger but I was always obsessed with the song. The tiki room was very Walt-ish. Simple but really impressive.

I watched the pirates tutorial while I waited for my friends. Once we got there I texted Rachel letting her know I was going on the ride.

The line was a half hour due to technical difficulties and they had to stop the ride for a bit. Richard actually happened to be almost as obsessed with pirates as my sister and had a few pirate themed tattoos. Zach and I made fun of the people who believed all the weird rumors about the Pirates ride. They both live about two hours from Disney so they were actually recognized by cast members operating the ride :rotfl:

When we got off I realized my phone had failed to send Rachel the message which means she had no idea where I was :furious: So I said bye to the boys and they headed off to see characters while I found the girls.

I was going to ride Pirates with Rebecca again but they had shut down the ride this time for a few hours.

disney182-1.jpg

We went over to Fantasyland and waited TWO HOURS FOR POOH. I was not the happiest but Rachel really loves those rides and they were the few she could actually go on.

Then we said goodbye to Snow White,
iphone2556.jpg

iphone2557.jpg

iphone2561.jpg

Went on Small World and then HAUNTED MANSION! Which really perked me up. It is my absolute favorite. I could go on it ten times in a row. When we walked out of HM there was a rainbow!

iphone2554.jpg

Rachel wanted to go to Columbia Harbour House for dinner. I was really tired, like I could have fallen asleep in that restaurant tired and the server at the front mistook my being sleepy for being sad and got all worried about me. It was really sweet but in effort to 'cheer me up' she had the whole staff sing Happy Birthday which was nice but I was SO EMBARRASSED haha.

The girls totally missed it, I think they were upstairs already eating? I joined them and we all decided to call it a day and just shop our way down main street before going back to the hotel to sleep.

iphone2568.jpg

iphone2565.jpg

iphone2566.jpg

Course we got a picture of Gus the mouse!

iphone2569.jpg

iphone2555.jpg

iphone2563.jpg

iphone2575.jpg

iphone2576.jpg

iphone2570.jpg

We were asleep maybe an hour after we got back to the hotel.
We were kind of lame this day, it was easy going.

Who's the hot blonde? ;)

And isn't there more? I Want to know what happened next!!

(BTW... sounds like we have to introduce you to something else wonderful at the Studios in a couple weeks... )

Ooooh, okay I'll remind you when we get there.

Okay well this is the last day,

We got to sleep till 7am! Woo hoo! We went to AK after a quick breakfast at pop which wasn't all that impressive. Kids breakfast platter, blah.

554412_10150841881083367_1258859761_n.jpg

I went on Everest and the girls waited for me. After that Bec and I hit the safari and Rachel shopped.

disney233.jpg

disney257.jpg

disney248.jpg

I got some great pictures on there but really missed Wilson :sad1:

We felt we had hit the hotspots in AK after shopping, and it was unusually crowded so we went back to the hotel.

Rachel tricked Bec and I, she got ready to go swimming but then as we were walking out the door she climbed into bed and told us she'd meet up. So it was just Rebecca and I having a snack around the pool.

551636_10150842223618367_109290278_n.jpg

166794_10150842226253367_429495491_n.jpg

Rachel eventually joined us for a little swim and then it was Epcot time!

It was the last weekend of Flower and Garden, I found out the festival is as old as I am since it opened the year I was born :thumbsup2 I though that was really cool since it was my birthday trip and everything.

I LOVED THE FAIRIES!!!

481292_10150843317053367_1632190546_n.jpg

581249_10150843323753367_1232663969_n.jpg

disney278.jpg

disney287.jpg

disney288.jpg

disney292.jpg

disney293.jpg

And from there we wandered around the world showcase. Snacked a bit in Norway and Germany.

577346_10150842805678367_111915612_n.jpg

251943_10150843331008367_1669018859_n.jpg

521532_10150843332968367_1437085467_n.jpg

380177_10150843334023367_1596258946_n.jpg

Rebecca and I found some really cool things in Japan, I got a bunny plate and bought Rebecca an owl one. I also found some Hello Kitty Marshmallow candy that we all enjoyed. I love the stuff in the Japan shop it's a lot of fun in there.

After that we went to see the show in the American pavilion, which I like to call

"FRICK YEAH 'MERICA!"

images

but it wasn't playing at a convenient time so we moved on.

We spent about twenty minutes taking pictures for some people who Bec had posing all kinds of dramatic ways. I wish I had a video of it! So funny.

We had a crepe at France and ran into some OBNOXIOUS drunk people who honestly should have been kicked out of the park. It was like 4:00 and they were just...gone.... Not to mention rude and harassing myself and the girls. Completely uncalled for and not okay. Don't know why I didn't tell a cast member to be honest.

We shopped for a few more hours and then like a couple of newbies we begged for seating. I was dying to eat at Le Cellier! JUST GIVE ME THE CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP! But no it would be "aboot an hour before we might have an opening, but probably not."

Bummer.
SO we sat on the curb in England like a couple of peasants before I was like "HEY WHY DON'T WE GO TO THE TIANA HOTEL?" so off we went to Port Orleans French Quarter to get gumbo, beignets, and BBQ.

We found an abandoned wheel chair which I jokingly told Rachel to sit in but she just plopped in right away.
546555_10150843335683367_1404206562_n.jpg

She was super tired.

The hotel was so pretty. I thought I had more pictures but this is all I can find,
522342_10150843349183367_1468962055_n.jpg

The food court was mardi gras themed, huge masks and beads hanging from the ceiling. And the pool looked like a lot of fun. The food was SO good. We were all stuffed when we left.

HS was the closest park so we decided to go there and then get on a bus to POP. We made a MILLION stops before actually being on our way to HS because POR is such a big place. There was no one waiting though so we were the only people on the bus the entire time. I WAS going to meet up with one of my best friends who was vacationing with her family but her parents weren't letting her get out of family time :[ so I just told her I'd see her at home and then walked around the Darth Mall since there was no line. Bought a lovely Padme shirt before I left.

When I got back we all started packing up our stuff. We of course watched some Phineas and Ferb and then went to sleep. We had to be up for at 3am for a 8am flight back home that was not very magical. :rotfl:

It was such a good mini vacation, I'm so excited to go back in two days!!! pixiedust:

Thanks for reading my trip report! Hope you enjoyed it, so excited to start my next one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter