I'm going to find adventure in the evening air! An August '18 solo trip report! New PTR link 01/04

I want to do the 1900 breakfast so bad since it's been many years, just can't get the boys on board!

Last days are sad days :( But you had a good one. So nice to give away your bucket and mug! I just organized my kitchen cabinets this morning; all our Disney mugs are in the one with my Tupperware containers (does saying Tupperware make me sound old lol) and we'll be needing it to send family home with leftovers Tuesday, so I realized how many mugs we have. Love them all but I think I need to not get any more for awhile :D
It is a great breakfast but pretty expensive if you're not really into it. I would never be able to get my boys to go either! Maybe Steve will go with you one day. :)

What a great idea! I must admit to have never even thought about doing something like that.
That's one thing I do miss about the old paper FP. I remember giving them away to strangers a couple times if our plans changed and we couldn't use them.

I always ride iasw on the last day as a way to say goodbye to the trip.
I used to do that with the old FPs as well and was on the receiving end too! It always put a smile on my face!

So I was happy to spread that little bit of pixie dust. :)
What a great way to pay it forward!!!

As it was a MNSSHP night, the park was not that busy.
These are my favorite MK days. Love the near empty park and short wait times.

My last ride of the trip had to be my beloved People Mover.
Can't go wrong with the pooper :P

Yes, my beloved Polynesian salad yet again! I am so obsessed with this salad! It was the perfect last meal before heading on the Tragical Depress to MCO.
img_2894-1-jpg.371076
Any chance after you left they renamed this the Susan salad :-)

Final thoughts and cost comparisons
Resort: I really do love the Poly for many reasons and it was so fun to stay here again. That being said, I don't find it that relaxing. There are always people around; going to the Luau or the restaurants or checking out the resort. I found the pools very crowded and noisy too. I am happy to have had the opportunity to be here again but will probably check out a few other resorts over my next few trips. So far Yacht Club and AKL are tied for my number one picks.

Food: So many great meals and snacks were devoured over 8 days. Kudos to Captain Cooks for the always amazing Polynesian salad. I absolutely LOVED Geyser Point and would say the crab cake sandwich there was one of the best things I ate all trip. My favourite new snack was the Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Aloha Isle. No drinks were true standouts for me... I find Disney drinks to be on the sweet side and sometimes a little cloying for my taste. If I had to pick, the Cascade Sangria from Geyser Point would be the winner.

Favourite character meet: A tie for 1st place between the awesome conversation with Belle on the importance of education for women and the sheer fun of dancing with Pluto on Main Street, USA. Both were perfect in their own way.

Best ride: Flights of Passage for it's perfect imagineering brilliance.

Favourite Park: Hard to say but this trip it has to be Magic Kingdom for the perfect storytelling and delightful cast members. Just so many awesome moments. :)

DDP vs OOP: Paying OOP is the clear winner for me yet again. Convenience and flexibility are essential and I found I got both using gift cards as a means of payment. I ate what I wanted, where I wanted and never felt overly stuffed or as though I wasted food.

CS meals:7
TS meals:5
Snacks:16
Refillable mugs:1
Lounge/pool bar meals: 2

Total OOP costs $360.89
DDP costs:$531.58
Savings: $170.69

That's a wrap on a very delightful trip! Thank you all for reading along and commenting as I relived my trip. It is such a pleasure to have my lovely Disfriends as part of the adventure!

See you soon as I start my PTR for "Celebrating 20 Magical Ears!" :)

Resort: I really do love the Poly for many reasons and it was so fun to stay here again. That being said, I don't find it that relaxing. There are always people around; going to the Luau or the restaurants or checking out the resort. I found the pools very crowded and noisy too. I am happy to have had the opportunity to be here again but will probably check out a few other resorts over my next few trips. So far Yacht Club and AKL are tied for my number one picks.

I am not surprised by this review. While very beautiful, I think Boardwalk and AKL are a LOT more relaxing.

I absolutely LOVED Geyser Point and would say the crab cake sandwich there was one of the best things I ate all trip. My favourite new snack was the Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Aloha Isle.

Very interesting. Mom and I might be looking for a place to go outside of MK for a meal, and this might be just the thing!

Best ride: Flights of Passage for it's perfect imagineering brilliance.

YES, YES, YES!

Total OOP costs $360.89
DDP costs:$531.58
Savings: $170.69

Quite a savings! DDP IMHO only offers convenience in terms of being pre-paid, no surprises.

Thank you for a lovely TR with lots of helpful information and reviews! Let me know when you start your PTR, okay? I don't usually cruise that side of the boards. :)

Another awesome report Susan. I was so happy to share even the tiniest of pieces of it with you. Thanks so much for sharing.

Loved your trip report! Thank you!!!!:flower:
Thank you Jenny! So happy to have you follow along!

Thank you for a lovely TR with lots of helpful information and reviews! Let me know when you start your PTR, okay? I don't usually cruise that side of the boards. :)
Thank you so much, Liesa! I will tag you once I start and you can saunter over to the dark side of the PTR boards!

Another awesome report Susan. I was so happy to share even the tiniest of pieces of it with you. Thanks so much for sharing.
Thanks Kari! I was so happy to run into the three of you. As always, it was so nice to see you! :)

Loved your report!!
Thank you for reading along!

Thanks for the wonderful report, I enjoyed reading along!
Thanks so much Caroline! Nothing like getting to share our Disney trips with our Disfriends!

I’m glad I got to know you through this report. Looking forward to reading another from you!
Thanks Jeff! Great to get to know a fellow Atlantic Canadian (you can't really call Newfs Maritimers, can you?). I am looking forward to the rest of your TR as well. Feel free to pop by my PTR for our anniversary trip once I get it going. I'll post the link in my signature. :)

(you can't really call Newfs Maritimers, can you?)
Nope :)
At least not if you want to be geographically accurate.
The Maritimes were grouped together before Newfoundland joined Confederation.
When Newfoundland joined the party, they termed the new group of provinces Atlantic Canada.
At least that's how I understand it. But don't ask me who "they" is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter