I'm giving up Black Friday for a Disney Cruise! A DCL PTR/TR - 1/28 NEW PTR!!!

POST from PIRATE NIGHT continues...pirate:

Chip is getting down with the crowds!

Disneyfall2011748.jpg

Somewhere in this crowd are my boys!!! LOL!!! They were right up front along the rope rail, and definitely got a great view of all the fun!:thumbsup2

Disneyfall2011750.jpg

Disneyfall2011764.jpg

Disneyfall2011742.jpg

Disneyfall2011746.jpg

Disneyfall2011761.jpg

Disneyfall2011762.jpg

So after of course during the dance party there had to be some sort of spectacle... and indeed a pirate king, NOT JACK... bitter, bitter, bitter ... came down on stage to plunder and basically make a lot of noise...

Disneyfall2011754.jpg

AND then who of course must rescue the scene, NOT JACK ... bitter, bitter, bitter ... but Mickey Mouse!!!! (SORRY Mickey, I love ya, but not on Pirate night.) He flew overhead ala' tinkerbell... :goodvibes

Disneyfall2011768.jpg

Next were the FIREWORKS at SEA!!!!!!

Disneyfall2011772.jpg

Disneyfall2011771.jpg

Disneyfall2011776.jpg

The fireworks were amazing of course, and I just cannot get very good photos I am afraid, and so I gave up trying so I could enjoy the sights! After the fireworks we took some very very tired pirates (one who fell asleep during the dance party but woke for the fireworks!!!) back to the cabin... here we are going down the elevator...

Disneyfall2011777.jpg

Disneyfall2011778.jpg

Back in our room we had a flying monkey (wearing my sunglasses) and some golden chocolate dubloons!

Disneyfall2011779.jpg

Teeth were brushed so they didn't perpetuate the Pirate image in the morning :laughing: and they were asleep before their head hit the pillow!

So after we were sure the boys were passed out, DH and I snuck up to deck 10. I know yes, we left our practically dead to the world children unattended in our room... I know I know this is bad parenting, but really, if we had been anywhere else, and NOT on this Disney cruise, I wouldn't have ever considered it. But on a Disney ship, I felt safe enough to let sleeping babes lie, especially since we were not going to be gone long. Please don't flame me on my TR, okay? Would really appreciate not reading snarky comments about me or my TR elsewhere... :rolleyes:

At this point in the evening the evening buffet was in full swing. The Pirate party buffet was great, crepes with icecream, nachos, taco and fajita bar, AND TURKEY LEGS! Argh!!! pirate: DH grabbed a turkey leg and a few other things, and went back to the cabin, I stayed up deck to take some photos and walk a bit. I didn't want to take pictures of people and the chow line, but, with NO Jack to oogle, I was forced to take photos of Johnny Depp on the funnel vision screen... LOL!!!

Disneyfall2011784.jpg

Disneyfall2011781.jpg

St. Thomas coming up NEXT!!!

Well the next stop on our cruise was the beautiful island of St. Thomas and St. John! Our day started pretty much the same, packed up, got some breakfast, and got in line for the tender! It went pretty smoothly. We were put on a big shuttle boat to the shore, and from there we caught a cab. We came to these plans, because we had been snorkleing on St. John several years ago, so this time, since we were being tendered from the cruise ship, and the time short, we decided to explore a beach on St. Thomas instead. Sapphire Beach. WHAT A GREAT PLACE!!!!! :goodvibes

Here it is:

Disneyfall20111191.jpg

Disneyfall20111193.jpg

Disneyfall20111192.jpg

Disneyfall20111198.jpg

Disneyfall20111189.jpg

The beach was truly beautiful. This resort area we were able to get access to by cab. It seemed to serve a series of hotels in a complex along the beach. When we got there we booked a couple lounges, and ordered some drinks, and enjoyed the afternoon. :goodvibes

The boys again had a blast! Take a look! They had complained about the water being calm at Gallion Beach. They wanted a surf and waves... They got what they wanted here for certain!! They loved it! The waves were enough to float you around a little, but not so much that you couldn't be safe. Plus it wasn't deep, and so they could get around well enough. There was coral and rock and lots of snorkling to be done. However, the guys had a great time just being on the beach and enjoying the sand and surf time! We had a great lunch there too! :thumbsup2 AMAZING fish sandwiches!!!!!!

Disneyfall20111194.jpg

Disneyfall20111202.jpg

Disneyfall20111210.jpg

Disneyfall20111208.jpg

Disneyfall20111224.jpg

Disneyfall20111221.jpg

Here I was about to take a photo and I got backed up by the wave.. hence the fabulous photo of my toes... LOL!!!!

Disneyfall20111214.jpg

So if you recall, I purchased a waterproof camera for this trip. It was an early birthday gift! :rolleyes1 SO here are a few photos I took of DS6 under the water!! :) he had fun hamming it up!

Disneyfall20111209.jpg

SO DS6 took this one, he had goggles so he could see the fish. Not bad!!! LOL!

Disneyfall20111207.jpg

And my favorite :laughing:

Disneyfall20111205.jpg

There are more photos to share in the next post!! :beach: I have the photos from the tender to the shore, and also from the cab when we were driving back from the beach across the island... incredible view!!! COMING UP!!!!

No Jack Sparrow!!! They should refundthe cruise fare or give a special credit towards the next cruise??Dont you agree?? Isnt that why we cruise--for Jack Sparrow??:confused3

I KNOW!!!!!!! RIGHT??!! Well, thank goodness for FEBRUARY on the Dream!!! BUT of course I wont have the kids to use as a foil to go oodle over him :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Why, oh why would Disney not have their most popular pirate on hand for pirate night?! What in the world were they thinking?

It seems as though the sun and fun of the day wiped out those two little cuties of yours, but it looks like fun was has none the less.

The beach on St John looks beautiful :cloud9:

Fun pirate night! But no Jack? :confused3 That's just not right!

St. Thomas looks like it was fun too. That's actually where we stayed when we were down there. We were there with a group of people from DH's work & some of us took a boat over to St. John one afternoon. There was also a group who took a day trip over to Sapphire Beach but we didn't go along on that one. Looks gorgeous though!

Why, oh why would Disney not have their most popular pirate on hand for pirate night?! What in the world were they thinking?

It seems as though the sun and fun of the day wiped out those two little cuties of yours, but it looks like fun was has none the less.

The beach on St John looks beautiful :cloud9:

Oh tell me about it!! I was surprised too.. I didn't get a clear story in the end as to why he wasn't on board but you would think that they would come up with a back up plan!!!

The weather was amazing we were lucky I think! St Thomas was where we stayed, but St. John is the island you can see in my next photos :thumbsup2

Fun pirate night! But no Jack? :confused3 That's just not right!

St. Thomas looks like it was fun too. That's actually where we stayed when we were down there. We were there with a group of people from DH's work & some of us took a boat over to St. John one afternoon. There was also a group who took a day trip over to Sapphire Beach but we didn't go along on that one. Looks gorgeous though!

Yes, it really was pretty!! I am glad we spent the time on the beach. The town wasn't anything special, not a very walk able street/shopping area, better to enjoy the view. Very pretty!

You are doing a great job selling the cruise experience, missy! :upsidedow Other than hearing that your MIL was feeling a bit :sick: and that you could feel the ocean such that you had to hang on to the treadmill :scared: , I am pretty much sold! SO beautiful!!!

So I'm not familiar enough with cruising to know... is Capt Jack typically on board for Pirate night? pirate: Did you ever read the blog of the real life guy who played Capt Jack in Disneyland? Yowza... he got some offers & "gifts" from the ladies that I can't repeat on a family board. But I can see why... :upsidedow

Can't wait to hear about your summer plans! Always great to have a next trip in the works!!!

I always enjoy reading about your Pirate Nights -- you always seem to have such a fun time even when your little pirates aren't in attendence. :laughing:

I am shocked and saddened to hear there was no Captain Jack -- I can just imagine your crushing disappointment -- it really seems like quite the travesty. :( I would also have to agree with you that Pirate Mickey swinging down onto the deck just doesn't quite have the same air that Jack would. :sad2:

Looks like you had another beautiful day at the beach! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I wish I could bury my feet in the sand and eat fish sandwiches right now instead of wearing three layers and shivering in my classroom (teacher workday for us). Oh, well, your pictures are the next best thing.

bitter, bitter, bitter......[/COLOR] :rotfl2:
Okay...the absence of the missing Captain aside I am really dying for a cruise now....that water. How I miss that tropical blue. Don't you love your underwater camera? Bought one years ago and still use that one more than any of my others. :goodvibes

Tracy

All caught up! What happened to Jack??? That is very weird as you'd think he'd be the star of the show.

Just curious, sounds like you did St. John on your own? Or did you use Disney transportation? I was looking at the website and I see they have beach day at St. John but you only get like 1 1/2 hours on the beach. I was thinking 3 hours would be better. We are going next Thanksgiving so, I'm curious what we should do. I'm anxious to read about Thanksgiving Dinner and Castaway Cay.

Thanks for Sharing...

Start it, Laura, and I will be there to help!!! :goodvibes

You could just write one for me. I want to do new stuff eat new places (but as I say this I am not sure I can do it). We are staying at SSR... but after you all, we (Doug) just didn't go for the 4th week... conflicts and such.

You are doing a great job selling the cruise experience, missy! :upsidedow Other than hearing that your MIL was feeling a bit :sick: and that you could feel the ocean such that you had to hang on to the treadmill :scared: , I am pretty much sold! SO beautiful!!!

So I'm not familiar enough with cruising to know... is Capt Jack typically on board for Pirate night? pirate: Did you ever read the blog of the real life guy who played Capt Jack in Disneyland? Yowza... he got some offers & "gifts" from the ladies that I can't repeat on a family board. But I can see why... :upsidedow

Can't wait to hear about your summer plans! Always great to have a next trip in the works!!!

Oh I can only tell you it really is great fun. I can't wait until February!!! RE the movement I didn't feel that much in the Bahamas so maybe it is just along the caribbean route. YOU would really love it I think. You can do a cruise at your pace, no matter what pace that is, because there is so much to do (or NOT do!) OH he has been on each of the cruises I have been on. To me this MUST have been something unexpected. I am sure there were plenty of people complaining. I mean REALLY??? Jack being absent??!! NO I have never seen that blog... crazy... I can say the Jack on the Dream was PLENTY dreamy.... :laughing:

Yep! Summer is shaping up nicely!!! :thumbsup2

I always enjoy reading about your Pirate Nights -- you always seem to have such a fun time even when your little pirates aren't in attendence. :laughing:

I am shocked and saddened to hear there was no Captain Jack -- I can just imagine your crushing disappointment -- it really seems like quite the travesty. :( I would also have to agree with you that Pirate Mickey swinging down onto the deck just doesn't quite have the same air that Jack would. :sad2:

Looks like you had another beautiful day at the beach! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I wish I could bury my feet in the sand and eat fish sandwiches right now instead of wearing three layers and shivering in my classroom (teacher workday for us). Oh, well, your pictures are the next best thing.

It has turned BITTERLY cold hasn't it?!!? BOOOO!!!!!! COLD COLD COLD!

Well, you and me both are mooning over the beach! I wish I was there now!!!

YES, shocked and saddened sums it up! WHAT a drag!!!! It was a bummer! He adds so much, obviously!!! :sad2:

Pirate Night is cool!! So much fun on board. I love how many people join in on the fun... Really brings the kid out in everyone!

bitter, bitter, bitter....../COLOR] :rotfl2:

Okay...the absence of the missing Captain aside I am really dying for a cruise now....that water. How I miss that tropical blue. Don't you love your underwater camera? Bought one years ago and still use that one more than any of my others. :goodvibes

Tracy

I am glad I got the camera, yes! It gives piece of mind that the camera can take the beach, especially with sand!

DO it DO it DO it... :) I'll go with ya!!! :thumbsup2

All caught up! What happened to Jack??? That is very weird as you'd think he'd be the star of the show.

Just curious, sounds like you did St. John on your own? Or did you use Disney transportation? I was looking at the website and I see they have beach day at St. John but you only get like 1 1/2 hours on the beach. I was thinking 3 hours would be better. We are going next Thanksgiving so, I'm curious what we should do. I'm anxious to read about Thanksgiving Dinner and Castaway Cay.

Thanks for Sharing...

Hi there! If you are going to go to St. John I think you would do alright on your own. The cabs you can get once you dock in St. Thomas (and I mean the tender where it docs) will take you to the ferry to St. John. It runs every hour apparently. We did NOT use Disney packages back the last time we were at St. John, and this trip though we didn't go, we stilll got our own taxi, etc. It was less expensive, and as you mention, you get more time/flexibility. I bet you can gain back some time this way. Study the times for the ferry, so you can get on the earliest one! Thanksgiving and CCay coming up next!! Well, next we have one more sea day! And THEN we have Thanksgiving!!!! Thanks for reading!!!! :goodvibes

Whew, I have really been behind on my dising!

Nice picture of you and your family for formal night.

Too funny about FIL and the tequilia. Not sure I could handle straight tequilia without the margarita mix. That is my drink of choice!

Love the beach pictures. I have always wanted to do a western caribbean cruise but your pictures have me second guessing myself.

Pirate night without Captain Jack!? :confused3 What is up with that?

It sounds like your 4th of July plans are coming along nicely. There are going to be a lot of disers there this year and this is the year we choose to stay home. :sad2:

:surfweb:Can't wait to read more and hear about your summer ADRs.

Loving you TR! I also Loooooove that you went to sapphire beach! We honeymooned at the resort there! Brought back memories!!:goodvibes

So after a great day at Sapphire beach, we made our way back to the ship. Now if you recall we took a cab to the beach, and I didn’t take photos on the way up. But on the way down, and back, if you will, I did... so these are from the van. I also realize that I didn’t show you the photos from the tender boat as we were arriving to St. Thomas, so these are here as well! I think you can see the ship in the distance. We were the only cruise ship tendering this trip…

THIS first one is from the descent down to Sapphire Beach, that I can tell... the rest, from the taxi on the way back...

Disneyfall20111188.jpg

You can also see St. John in the distance...

Disneyfall20111229.jpg

Disneyfall20111231.jpg

Disneyfall20111232.jpg

Disneyfall20111228.jpg

Disneyfall20111186.jpg

Disneyfall20111185.jpg

Disneyfall20111184.jpg

Out in the middle of the bay they had this pirate ship (well looked like one pirate: anyhow!!! LOL!!! And it also looked like you could take tours to it … I didn’t read much up on that, perhaps if we do a 7 day cruise with this stop again, I would consider that…

Disneyfall20111182.jpg

Here is St. John, the National Park Island... from the boat...

Disneyfall20111177.jpg

So as I said after coming back from the beach, we stopped to walk through St. Thomas’ shopping area. This was quick, I wasn't buying jewelry, and DH priced the booze and didn't sense any great deals. Because we had to get back on the boat soon, we headed towards the pier, and the shuttle boats which would bring us back to the ship. Well, let me tell you what we saw was not a pretty site. A LINE that streamed down along the edge of the pier… AND boy was it long! :scared1: And BOY was it HOT outside… :cool2: Well we got in line, it probably was 30 minutes total until we could get onto one of the boats. They only had one point of loading people, with I think two boats that were circling back and forth. The CMs from the ship were bringing trays of water to the people in line, which was nice, but boy after a long day at the beach, to stand in this line was NOT fun… :sad2: Now I know it was hot, but I wonder what it must be like in July??!!

Finally back on board, we headed up to get some food. Not too much longer after we got on board, did we hear the ship’s whistle signaling we were off to our next destination! It was a day at sea, but never the less, we were on our way to Castaway Cay!!! :yay: I stayed on deck with the boys at the pool while DH headed down to the cabin to get a shower and ready for dinner. I had grabbed a chair by the Mickey Pool, and with a drink in my hand, was enjoying just sitting, and watching the boys…

After a bit I corralled them to take them down to get cleaned up. On our way to the elevators, we walked up on the top deck. And it was here where I realized that we were no longer moving. I overheard someone say that they must have forgotten someone on the Island. OOPS!!! :eek: Well I am not sure if that is true or not, but it must have been, because a police boat came out to our ship! I didn’t stay to watch or try to see (not easy to do from the top of the ship) but something clearly happened to that effect. :confused3

SO as I mentioned we were waiting for the elevator. While we were waiting, boy were we surprised when STITCH and his handler came into the Elevator landing area with us!! The boys were beside themselves, and Stitch started being silly, he picked up the phone, to start to make a call (the phone on the wall) and his handler admonished him and played along. I asked the CM about the boat being stopped and she said well.... that is usually why that happens... :rolleyes1 and she said it with a smile, so I am guessing that was the case... Then the elevator door opened.

I said, "oh I am sure you need the elevator before us", and she said “you can ride the elevator with us!” So with that we got on the elevator with Stitch and his handler!!! I was DYING for my camera. :faint: Can I tell you how annoying it was that I gave that to my DH to take the bag down to the cabin? :headache: I couldn’t kick myself enough. The kids were playing hand games with Stitch for a few floors, when the elevator door opened again. And this is where it got really interesting.

A woman and her husband were waiting to get on. The expression on her face was priceless. For a second she was absolutely stunned. Stunned. Then, as she got onto the elevator, she shrieked, and was clearly beside herself! It was hilarious. Her DH explained that Stitch was her favorite character, and she was getting her camera out to take a photo, asked to take a picture of him and the CM said of course! then the CM said why don't you get in the picture, and you would think she told the woman she won the lottery: "I get to take a photo with stitch!!!" she was so excited... I couldn't believe it. So we continued down a few more floors, it was like she was on the elevator with a mega star… perhaps like I would act if I were on the elevator with Daniel Craig… LOL!!!! :cloud9: And so, when the elevator stopped they positioned themselves to take a picture, and Stitch gave my boys each a high five and patted DS6 on the head, and he left the elevator…. the woman continued out behind him, taking photos of Stitch after he left the elevator, and they followed behind still taking photos (they were getting off at deck 3 I think – the main lobby). As the door was closing, I could hear her say “Oh my god I can’t believe I was on the elevator with Stitch! I was on the elevator with Stitch!!” :rotfl2:

That whole exchange with the star-struck guest and Stitch, was probably one of the funniest moments of this cruise. The boys were tickled to have seen him like that, but that woman’s reaction was great. Just so fun to see an adult having so much fun over a character, know what I mean? And in a genuine way!!! :goodvibes It was very Disney

MORE COMING UP IN THE NEXT POST!!!!!!

So we got back to the cabin, and of course I had lots to tell DH! The boat being stopped, the Stitch encounter, etc! Of course we did so while we ate cheese and drank prosecco! I got the boys in and out of the bath, and into some clothes, and then DH took them to the arrrr-cade!!! We had some game time to burn! That was great fun, of course, and they headed out to do that while I enjoyed some peace and quiet and got ready for dinner myself.

A NOTE about the ARR-CADE. It isn't cheap. The costs for the games are more than even at Disneyworld, and I don't think they are reasonable there! BUT in a pinch, use of the ARR-CADE can be to your advantage. Mainly if you have kids who need to take motion sickness medicine. We are not one to bribe our children. Okay, okay, I confess, for Christmas pictures, for posed photos basically anywhere LOL!, and of course other moments that require compliance, we have been known to do so. Them taking bonine was one of these moments. The children's pills are chewable. The adult version are not. But the kids pills are not so nice to chew on, and the boys HATED them.. So we gave them an arcade game for each pill. And it worked. If only because I didn't want them to refuse the medicine and I couldn't force them to eat them. Honestly the threat of being sea sick didn't really register. I knew how they would feel, and maybe for a little self-preservation I didn't want to "let" them find out and feel the consequences themselves... I already watched one mom and dad leave the dining room with a kid who was throwing up into a napkin!!!! :eek: NOT what I wanted to deal with. So rather than shout and such, we just made this friendly exchange... and while they still whined, they did it. They didn't need this medicine when we were on the spring break cruise nor but the first day when we were on the dream, but it was clear to me from the beginning that the ocean to the caribbean was much rougher than the water in the bahamas or the med, so these pills were a must. We didn't make them take them between St. Marteen or St. Thomas. The water was plenty calm, but back to a sea day, we did. And once we arrived at CCAY, I didn't require them to take the pills then, either. NOT sure if this note is helpful for anyone, but just to let you know.

SO, tonight dinner for the boys was going to be at Topsider buffet. We couldn’t do our sit down dinner time because of the time for Palos. We instead tried the sit-down table option for the buffet, which becomes a menu restaurant in the evening. Let me tell you, DH was mighty impressed with the food!! He ordered a steak dinner (rib-eye) with a side of LOBSTER mac and cheese…. OMG. When I got up there I had a bite of each (he insisted I try them LOL!) and I have to concur… I think that steak and mac was better than a few of the entrees they have on the menu in the main dining room!!!! And the boys ate well!! Both had wanted mac and cheese, so he had ordered that for them, and though it came with fries, they didn't touch those, instead they basically split that adult meal and the pasta. It was plenty of course, but simple food, rather than the more “dressed” entrees in the main dining room. You can't go wrong with steak, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and carrots!!! :thumbsup2 At least, not with my guys!!! LOL!!!! :laughing:
Here is one photo I took, it being ambient lighting in there I didn’t want to snap a bunch of flash photos, it wasn’t the best but so you can at least see the arrangements…

Disneyfall2011796.jpg

So we took the boys to the clubs, and then OFF we went to Palos!!!
Palos of course didn’t disappoint. We met my inlaws there and had a delightful dinner of course!!! We sampled a lot b/c there were more people there to sample food and desserts with! So we had fun! This is one interesting dessert I took a photo of….

Disneyfall2011797.jpg

Disneyfall2011798.jpg

I can’t recall the name now, something about orange creamsicle with chocolate, not certain, but it required my DMIL to break into the chocolate with her spoon and then the soda interacted with the cream, etc. It was interesting to see! I had my hands full with Chocolate Soufflé and Panna Cotta, so I didn’t try it LOL!!!! I am sorry that I don't take food photos, I just don't like bringing my big camera to do so! With my next cruise I will have my phone camera more, and will use it to take some of REMY'S I promise!!

After dinner, we headed to get the kids… we were on our way to the show!!! Disney Dreams!!! And who should come by but one Snow White… And of course I could get DS9 to pose with her, but DS6 not a chance!!!

Disneyfall2011799.jpg

Disneyfall2011800.jpg

This evening after dinner, my inlaws took the boys to go see Real Steel. Which was great fun, and the kids (who had already seen it) really enjoyed seeing it again. DH and I went to the Outlook café, grabbed coffees, and he stayed there with his book, and I went to see our photos at Shutters, walk the shops, and visit with him as well. This evening they were having a midnight showing of The Muppets!! But like the PremEAR at sea for CARS2, we were not going to make that showing with the kids!!! :laughing: So after Real Steel, which ended close to 11pm, we met the boys and my inlaws outside the theater and headed back to our cabin. Unfortunately I either didn’t take a photo of this towel art, OR I can’t find it!!! LOL!!! At anyrate, it was a nice relaxing evening, but one I didn’t take too many photos of!!! I have some photos I must have taken, in the lobby, etc. But it is hard to find them! I hae so many!! :laughing: I plan to do a "catch all" at the end of the TR, because as I was loading them I don't think they loaded in chronological order...

Next up, THANKSGIVING DAY!!! Pool time, Tea time, DINNER, and DISNEY DREAMS!!! Oh, and The Muppets
:yay: :yay: :yay:

You could just write one for me. I want to do new stuff eat new places (but as I say this I am not sure I can do it). We are staying at SSR... but after you all, we (Doug) just didn't go for the 4th week... conflicts and such.

Well that stinks!! BUT of course you are going to have a great time! I actually would like to stay at SSR sometime, I think the low-key atmosphere would be a nice change... I thought that the one night we were there in October. The pool areas all look really nice, and the main complex is neat!

Will you please post the navigators? Thanks

HI! Well, I don't have access to a scanner right now, but if I do I will! Most of the Eastern Navigators are probably the same more or less... have you searched for any recently? I think I saw some posted right before we left...

Whew, I have really been behind on my dising!

Nice picture of you and your family for formal night.

Too funny about FIL and the tequilia. Not sure I could handle straight tequilia without the margarita mix. That is my drink of choice!

Love the beach pictures. I have always wanted to do a western caribbean cruise but your pictures have me second guessing myself.

Pirate night without Captain Jack!? :confused3 What is up with that?

It sounds like your 4th of July plans are coming along nicely. There are going to be a lot of disers there this year and this is the year we choose to stay home. :sad2:

:surfweb:Can't wait to read more and hear about your summer ADRs.

Hey! I noticed you updated yours too! SO I have to get back on to my reading as well! This just tells me I need to spend more time on my Treadmill... been REALLY lax lately. I didn't like many of the photos that Disney took. I wish they had taken a few better ones. I don't have a family who likes to wait in lines for pictures. DH in particular, so that makes it challenging... the ones in the restaurant turn out okay, but the photographers are often rushed, so don't but take one... ANYhow, I got a few good shots with my camera after all!

Yep, the beaches were AMAZING. We are up for the Western next, but it is always about dates and trying to get one that matches... the other Eastern itinerary that has San Juan is the one we are booked for in Nov... Western next July!

Speaking of July, YES. This summer is coming along NICELY!!! :thumbsup2

Loving you TR! I also Loooooove that you went to sapphire beach! We honeymooned at the resort there! Brought back memories!!:goodvibes

OH hello! Welcome! Yep, Sapphire beach is BEAUTIFUL! Loved it! It was really pretty, I bet spending time there would be great!!! :thumbsup2

AND then who of course must rescue the scene, NOT JACK ... bitter, bitter, bitter ... but Mickey Mouse!!!! (SORRY Mickey, I love ya, but not on Pirate night.) He flew overhead ala' tinkerbell... :goodvibes
The fireworks were amazing of course, and I just cannot get very good photos I am afraid, and so I gave up trying so I could enjoy the sights! After the fireworks we took some very very tired pirates (one who fell asleep during the dance party but woke for the fireworks!!!) back to the cabin... here we are going down the elevator...
Teeth were brushed so they didn't perpetuate the Pirate image in the morning :laughing: and they were asleep before their head hit the pillow!

So after we were sure the boys were passed out, DH and I snuck up to deck 10. I know yes, we left our practically dead to the world children unattended in our room... I know I know this is bad parenting, but really, if we had been anywhere else, and NOT on this Disney cruise, I wouldn't have ever considered it. But on a Disney ship, I felt safe enough to let sleeping babes lie, especially since we were not going to be gone long. Please don't flame me on my TR, okay? Would really appreciate not reading snarky comments about me or my TR elsewhere... :rolleyes:

At this point in the evening the evening buffet was in full swing. The Pirate party buffet was great, crepes with icecream, nachos, taco and fajita bar, AND TURKEY LEGS! Argh!!! pirate: DH grabbed a turkey leg and a few other things, and went back to the cabin, I stayed up deck to take some photos and walk a bit. I didn't want to take pictures of people and the chow line, but, with NO Jack to oogle, I was forced to take photos of Johnny Depp on the funnel vision screen... LOL!!!

It's interesting to read about your pirate night. SO very different than on the Alaska cruise. If there was a buffet, I missed it. Then again, ours was inside so.... NO Jack there though either. I will be very interested to see what the kids think on the next cruise, whenever that is of it compared to what we experienced. I can't wait for fireworks at sea though! Tired little pirates for sure. NO flaming here, we let our kids tuck themselves in at least twice I think. :rotfl: Ok, they are a little older but still. I wouldn't do it anywhere else either.

A woman and her husband were waiting to get on. The expression on her face was priceless. For a second she was absolutely stunned. Stunned. Then, as she got onto the elevator, she shrieked, and was clearly beside herself! It was hilarious. Her DH explained that Stitch was her favorite character, and she was getting her camera out to take a photo, asked to take a picture of him and the CM said of course! then the CM said why don't you get in the picture, and you would think she told the woman she won the lottery: "I get to take a photo with stitch!!!" she was so excited... I couldn't believe it. So we continued down a few more floors, it was like she was on the elevator with a mega star… perhaps like I would act if I were on the elevator with Daniel Craig… LOL!!!! :cloud9: And so, when the elevator stopped they positioned themselves to take a picture, and Stitch gave my boys each a high five and patted DS6 on the head, and he left the elevator…. the woman continued out behind him, taking photos of Stitch after he left the elevator, and they followed behind still taking photos (they were getting off at deck 3 I think – the main lobby). As the door was closing, I could hear her say “Oh my god I can’t believe I was on the elevator with Stitch! I was on the elevator with Stitch!!” :rotfl2:

That whole exchange with the star-struck guest and Stitch, was probably one of the funniest moments of this cruise. The boys were tickled to have seen him like that, but that woman’s reaction was great. Just so fun to see an adult having so much fun over a character, know what I mean? And in a genuine way!!! :goodvibes It was very Disney

MORE COMING UP IN THE NEXT POST!!!!!!

I love it! That's the Disney magic right there.

Sapphire beach looks beautiful. Both your St. Maarten and Sapphire beach pics have me dreaming about the Caribbean. And really wishing Disney would come out with the darn 2013 magic itineraries so we can decide what the heck we are doing!

Thanks for the tips on seasickness and the eastern med cruise. We are cruising the Fantasy next December and I have motion sickness problems. I had no problems with using my Meclizine on the Wonder for a 4 day bahammas trip but this helps me anticipate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter