I'm giving up Black Friday for a Disney Cruise! A DCL PTR/TR - 1/28 NEW PTR!!!

Hope DMIL felt better as trip went on. First port is on our itinerary in October, I've taken note of the beach looks a very nice way to spend time off ship :thumbsup2 I'm sure DS will have his eye on the platform yey to Griffin for making it:yay: Way to go on the comp drinks :)
I missed your send off, christmas countdown got way too chaotic, fab tr so far looking forward to the rest oh and hearing about your october f&w it's never to late for a tr!

Hope DMIL felt better as trip went on. First port is on our itinerary in October, I've taken note of the beach looks a very nice way to spend time off ship :thumbsup2 I'm sure DS will have his eye on the platform yey to Griffin for making it:yay: Way to go on the comp drinks :)
I missed your send off, christmas countdown got way too chaotic, fab tr so far looking forward to the rest oh and hearing about your october f&w it's never to late for a tr!

Hey there! Yes she definitely started to feel better, after first day at sea she perked up, took advantage of some fresh air!:thumbsup2

We truly enjoyed St. Maarten . you'll love your cruise! Going to post about pirate night next! Comp drinks you can get too, just go to the captains reception!
Gallon beach. We really liked it!

Disneyfall20111171.jpg

Awww, you really did have a drink for me!!! LOVE IT!!! :laughing: I bet it tasted even better right there in St. Maarten. :thumbsup2

What a gorgeous day! Breakfast on the deck of the ship, the sights and sounds of St. Maarten, and a beach interlude. Just perfect! Had you ever been to St. Maarten before? I don't think I have ever even seen pictures, so that was neat!

Yeay for Griffin making it out to the swimming platform! Of course, when I saw it, I thought of that scene in To Catch a Thief where Cary Grant swims out to the platform to have a talk with Danielle and then, Grace Kelly swims up. :laughing:

Your report is just what I need this week as I'm bored out of my skull at work and freezing my rear end off! I'm doing an Eastern on the Fantasy in October and its going to be a long 9 months!!!!

Jill in CO

Awww, you really did have a drink for me!!! LOVE IT!!! :laughing: I bet it tasted even better right there in St. Maarten. :thumbsup2

What a gorgeous day! Breakfast on the deck of the ship, the sights and sounds of St. Maarten, and a beach interlude. Just perfect! Had you ever been to St. Maarten before? I don't think I have ever even seen pictures, so that was neat!

Yeay for Griffin making it out to the swimming platform! Of course, when I saw it, I thought of that scene in To Catch a Thief where Cary Grant swims out to the platform to have a talk with Danielle and then, Grace Kelly swims up. :laughing:

We didn't make it to St. Maarten our first 7 night cruise back in 2000... There was a hurricane, so they took us to Key West instead, and then went on with the itinerary. So it was great fun to see and it was beautiful!!! I am missing the beach myself!!!

Beautiful pictures! What a gorgeous, picture perfect day!! :beach:

It really was a lovely day, nice and warm, and relaxing!!! :thumbsup2

Your report is just what I need this week as I'm bored out of my skull at work and freezing my rear end off! I'm doing an Eastern on the Fantasy in October and its going to be a long 9 months!!!!

Jill in CO

Oh Hey there! Welcome! :wave: So nice to help you pass the time!!! LOL!! Well, we will have another entry on this TR tonight, have been working on it, I am really wanting to finish it in the next couple days!!! I have lots of pics to post still! Pirate night coming up!!! :thumbsup2 The Eastern itinerary is nice, and the Fantasy will be amazing I am sure!!!!

So I am crashing my own TR to say we got our summer plans confirmed!:yay: :yay: :yay:

Beach Club studio, just me and the boys June 28th - July 1
Wilderness Lodge 1 bedroom, July 1 - July 7 with my DH joining us on the 3rd!!

Woot Woot! party:

AND I was able to make some ADRs today! I am so excited! Of course all will be revealed ONCE I get this Thanksgiving CRUISE TR finished! Which will continue this afternoon with our Pirate NIGHT fun!!! Followed by our beach exploration at St. John's!! YIPPEE!!!!

stay TUNED FOR MY NEXT UPDATE!!!! :thumbsup2

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE EVERYONE!!! :wizard:

YAYAYAYAYAYAY for finalizing your plans for the summer!! Can't wait to hear about the ADRs you made!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Great start to the TR. How exciting to board with the first group! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see St. John - Tim & I were there several years ago.

Your summer plans sound great too! :yay:

We are going on the Fantasy next Thanksgiving. How was the weather? What type of clothing did everyone wear? Summer or fall clothing? Or both?

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

I am so excited for you! And me, too, really!!!

:dance3::cheer2::woohoo::yay::banana:pixiedust: :hyper: :rockband:party:

(I brought out all the smilies for this one!)

Okay, spill the beans, what are your ADRs???

Happy New Year's Eve and Happy New Year!

I contemplate a report so others can plan our trip for me... I really am open to anything....

Yay for having your rooms confirmed for your summer trip!! :banana:

BUT, you can't just throw out there that you made ADRs and not share what they are - spill it, missy!

Nope, not here. We've had some cold days but no snow, thankfully!

Well now that the holidays are over, I am WAITING for snow. I would LOVE an excuse to escape to Disney again!!! :rotfl: I got the AP, and the discount... :rolleyes1

YAYAYAYAYAYAY for finalizing your plans for the summer!! Can't wait to hear about the ADRs you made!! WOOT WOOT!!!

I am EXCITED too!!!! Have to wait and figure out what the full plan is, still, though. Will do so once I have this TR done!! THAT is the rule around here or I will never finish this one!!!! LOL!!!! :laughing:

Great start to the TR. How exciting to board with the first group! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see St. John - Tim & I were there several years ago.

Your summer plans sound great too! :yay:

Hi there! It was very pretty! We didn't make it to St. John, just to St. Thomas, and a nice beach! We had been to St. John on our last 7 day cruise when Matt and I were with my DBIL and his partner, and that was over 10 yrs ago! I have a few photos in the distance!!!

Congrats on the summer plans. ADRs too... I am clueless at this point!

Oh I am so excited!! Are we going to miss you?? When will you be there??!! It looks really close... We leave on the 8th, I suppose you arrive right then?

We are going on the Fantasy next Thanksgiving. How was the weather? What type of clothing did everyone wear? Summer or fall clothing? Or both?

HI there!! OH it was perfect weather! Now, if you are at all prone to motion sickness, all I can say is GET the patches or GET BONINE. Dramamine makes people drowsy I hear, and even if you DON'T think you'll be motion sickness or never have been, I would still get it and take it the first few days at sea... the ship is really moving to get to that first location, and the swells were definitely noticeable. Like you couldn't really run/walk on a treadmill, noticeable... you had to hold on or you'd fall off!!! And of course it depended on where you were, but I can only stress to be safer than sorry! Now, on the Dream, we took the pills too, but then stopped. However we were only in the bahamas and the water was nothing like the ocean you go through to get to the Carribean. SO be prepared!!! They say less motion on the Dream because of the size, like the Fantasy I suppose, but the Dream still had some motion the first day, and no one has been on that big boat out on the rougher waters... Just putting my 2 cents out there! I'd be curious if there are any Dream reports citing big swells, etc. and what it was like b/c that would give you an idea. The weather was FABULOUS. We wore shorts and tanks, swimsuits, sleeveless dresses, short sleeve clothing. Definitely spring summer clothes. Now we were in long pants and such for dinners, but generally light clothing! I got a great tan! ;) Now of course it is all about the weather, and rain is a possibility, but it wasn't an issue that week for us... the week prior, apparently, the ship was dealing with 20 ft. swells... :eek: Now, the CMs, you could tell some of them were having a tough time with the motion of the boat, which surprised me! But, if the weather is reasonable, you should have nice spring/early fall temps! The ship is air conditioned, so like all disney resorts, etc. movie theaters, etc. bring a sweater, etc. to toss on or over your shoulders. Hope this helps! Ask any other questions you have! We are going to be on the Fantasy the first week in November!!!! So I am a little worried about the weather, but what can you do. You just roll with it! And there is SO much to do onboard INSIDE, that if the weather was cruddy, you wouldn't miss out on a sea day, etc. AND, when we went on our last 7 day cruise back in 2000, they diverted our boat to another location to avoid bad conditions, and so I would tell you they make the best to accomodate their guests whatever the situation might be if they can.

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

I am so excited for you! And me, too, really!!!

:dance3::cheer2::woohoo::yay::banana:pixiedust: :hyper: :rockband:party:

(I brought out all the smilies for this one!)

Okay, spill the beans, what are your ADRs???

Happy New Year's Eve and Happy New Year!

I contemplate a report so others can plan our trip for me... I really am open to anything....

Start it, Laura, and I will be there to help!!! :goodvibes

Yay for having your rooms confirmed for your summer trip!! :banana:

BUT, you can't just throw out there that you made ADRs and not share what they are - spill it, missy!

Hey you guys!!!! I am trying to finish a cruise TR here!!!! I plan to have my SUMMER PTR started before the next week, really really, really!!!! NOW where is that pixie dust??!! :wizard:

So back on the ship we headed, and straight up to deck 10 for some grub! We were starving!! We got ourselves some food and sat back to enjoy the rest of the view before the ship left port. We had to get ready for Pirate night and were looking forward to it! pirate:

Now, maybe it was the sun and fun, but my little pirate men were, well, pooped! :laughing:

take a look at this one...

Disneyfall2011700.jpg

If that doesn't say "I have had to much fun today," I don't know what does!!! :laughing:

DS6 started the evening off with his bandana, then took it off. He left the earrings on though!!! :laughing:

Disneyfall2011702.jpg

Demolishing the bread basket! Here you can also see the revolvers that we got for them last summer, I bought them and squirreled them away for their gift bags this trip.

Disneyfall2011704.jpg

So after the kids ate, we were still on our first course. It was apparent to my DH and I that the boys were quite tired, and sitting at the table wasn't going to help keep them awake for the rest of the fun this evening. SO, between courses, he took the boys to the club, and then came back to the table and the adults finished dinner.

Disneyfall2011715.jpg

We had a bottle of Iron Horse sparkling wine, and had fun with the accessories that the boys had left at the table... these foam swords make noise when you "clank" them against things... we had a lot of fun with them...

Disneyfall2011709.jpg

Towards the end of dinner, they started the entertainment, which was a limbo stick dance... it was a hoot!!!!

Disneyfall2011710.jpg

Disneyfall2011717.jpg

When we were finished with dinner, we grabbed the boys and headed to see the Pirate game show, which was the same one they had on the Dream... It was very cute, and the kids loved it, again! :laughing: But my DMIL and DFIL hadn't seen it of course, so it was fun to share with them. You can see DS9 in a few of these photos :goodvibes

Disneyfall2011725.jpg

Disneyfall2011724.jpg

Disneyfall2011722.jpg

After the show, I was waiting to get my reservation card from the Cruise booking desk, and guess who walked by?! These are a little blury because I couldn't get a good shot fast enough!

Disneyfall2011718.jpg

Disneyfall2011719.jpg

Next up was a trip up on deck to participate in the entertainment and dance party they had up there!!!

NOW. I am not going to let you know exactly HOW disappointed I was in this fact, but do you notice that someone is NOTICEABLY missing so far from the evening festivities... DO you know who I am talking about? WHO might be rather important if you are taking a CRUISE to the CARIBBEAN???!!

Oh, I dunno, you THINK he MIGHT be an EXPECTED member on board, or at least on THIS NIGHT IN PARTICULAR???

CAN you TELL that I am STILL bitter about this fact??!!

Yep. Jack Sparrow was NOT in the house (ship).

Sigh.

Double Sigh. Okay, okay... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Really? Disney, REALLY??!!

Well, the boys got over their disappointment... me? Well... :rolleyes1

ALL I could say is DO OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

More Coming up in the NEXT POST!!!!!

No Jack Sparrow!!! They should refundthe cruise fare or give a special credit towards the next cruise??Dont you agree?? Isnt that why we cruise--for Jack Sparrow??:confused3

UP on deck the dance party and the interactive games were in full swing!!!

Disneyfall2011726.jpg

Disneyfall2011729.jpg

Disneyfall2011730.jpg

Disneyfall2011731.jpg

This was a really cool game they were basically playing a Wii like game with their bodies! It was really funny...

Disneyfall2011733.jpg

Disneyfall2011736.jpg

Disneyfall2011737.jpg

Disneyfall2011738.jpg

Dancing with the characters, songs from all generations, great oldies and fun contemporary songs. Very family oriented.

Disneyfall2011745.jpg

Disneyfall2011757.jpg

MORE dance photos in the next POST!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter