I'm giving up Black Friday for a Disney Cruise! A DCL PTR/TR - 1/28 NEW PTR!!!

:rotfl2: at your husband!!!
Okay Missy what is with you stumbling upon all of these "oh here have a complimentary drink people?" ;)
I too am a fan of tequila in margaritas and such but don't know if I could stomach it alone. I mean I have....as you mentioned....in college :laughing: Actually my friend brought me some from Mexico and I remember seeing a bottle of it in the ditch....I did drink some of that..you know just to be nice :rolleyes1

Looks like you are having a fabulous time...have we gone to port yet? Or are we just wandering around with our free drinks? :rotfl:

Tracy

So excited to find your report. I kept looking for a Eastern Cruise with little boys as my DS will be 4 in August when we go on the Eastern Fantasy Cruise. Cant wait to hear more!

Great updates.
That is a riot your DFIL with the tequila shots :eek:

YES, I KNOW!! I was laughing about it. He did all three tastings that this bartender had. A funny lady for certain, so he enjoyed himself!

:rotfl2: at your husband!!!
Okay Missy what is with you stumbling upon all of these "oh here have a complimentary drink people?" ;)
I too am a fan of tequila in margaritas and such but don't know if I could stomach it alone. I mean I have....as you mentioned....in college :laughing: Actually my friend brought me some from Mexico and I remember seeing a bottle of it in the ditch....I did drink some of that..you know just to be nice :rolleyes1

Looks like you are having a fabulous time...have we gone to port yet? Or are we just wandering around with our free drinks? :rotfl:

Tracy

EXACTLY! I was all over it : "Punch? Don't mind if I do!!!!" So come on now, you know me Tracy, who am I to say no to a complimentary drink!!!" :laughing: Yeah, we "sipped" these tequilas. I did one shot as she described, with the salt lick/lime. AND that was IT. The other two, they were the higher grade, I guess, those, I sipped a little, and then when we got to the blue Caracao margarita, I dumped the lot in. And of course DH was like "DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST PUT GOOD TEQUILA IN A MIXED DRINK??!!" And my response was "YEP". :rotfl:

We have been having a GREAT time so far on the cruise... except my DMIL. She unfortunately got sea sick the first night and was ill most of the first day and some of the second day at sea. Well, she was not her usual self the second day, still sort of moving slow... she missed brunch on the first day, and the second day she was off and on. She starts to feel and look a lot better! LOL! I realize her pictures were not the most flattering :sick: But she was fine in the Med, when we were there in the spring, so I think she thought the water would be the same... Anyhow, we got to our FIRST stop, St. Marteen, the next day, I have photos of LAND. It was nice to go explore! Coming up in the next set of updates !!! :thumbsup2

So excited to find your report. I kept looking for a Eastern Cruise with little boys as my DS will be 4 in August when we go on the Eastern Fantasy Cruise. Cant wait to hear more!

Great! Oh, well, you will have an amazing time I am certain. Look at Dream reports b/c the ship has more in common in terms of the actual ship layout, etc. However for the ports and days at sea, I have a few good ideas for you! :thumbsup2 You'll have a great time! I think DH and I have decided that with kids, we will stick to the 7 night or 5 night cruises from here on out. They really had a great time, and so did we. :thumbsup2

Tell the boys,great job for keeping white shirts while(well at least Mostly white)
Love the tastings, I may have to try one myself. Cant wait to hear more and Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Tell the boys,great job for keeping white shirts while(well at least Mostly white)
Love the tastings, I may have to try one myself. Cant wait to hear more and Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Oh I was thanking them, trust me!!! :laughing: Yes, they managed to stay clean so they could wear them a few days later. I think I may have cleaned a quick spot here or there (ala shout laundry wipes!!! :)) but they were fine for ties a few days later.

I would encourage you to do one on your sea day if you get a chance, you'll have a few to choose from and a few days to get signed up. It was great fun. I know in February we will do a few on the Dream as well.

Happy Holidays to you too! I hope to upload the rest of my photos tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Only you, Happydog, would manage to score so many free drinks! :laughing: I turn a corner and run into the maid with her cart -- you turn the corner and encounter a tray of drinks! I'm taking you on my next vacation...oh wait! :lmao:

Cute pictures of everyone at formal night and at Animator's. Thank goodness the boys didn't end up with chocolate all over themselves.

I could not handle shots of tequila -- not anymore, anyway. :rotfl: Mix it all into a fruity drink or better yet hand me something with rum in it.

Shame on DH with his Lady and the Tramp menu. :rotfl2:

We are slowly but surely getting ready for Christmas here -- it doesn't seem to be going quite as smoothly as it normally does, but one way or another we will be ready for it in another four days. :santa:

Silly question but how do you know when the drinks are complimentary?

HI! Well, on Formal night (and possibly it was on semi-formal) they have the Captain's reception. They have CMs serving drinks on trays. I think they do this at all the Captain's receptions... honestly I think they were doing this on The Dream too.. I really can't recall, but look on the Navigator for the Captain's reception, and GO.... at least on the 7 night, they had comp cocktails... We basically (and unintentionally -- REALLY :rolleyes:) stumbled upon the second one AFTER dinner (b/c they have it for the 8pm seating, too... so that is why we got TWO comps. It wasn't expected.

Only you, Happydog, would manage to score so many free drinks! :laughing: I turn a corner and run into the maid with her cart -- you turn the corner and encounter a tray of drinks! I'm taking you on my next vacation...oh wait! :lmao:

ISN'T that fun to say!!??!! :yay: :yay:

Cute pictures of everyone at formal night and at Animator's. Thank goodness the boys didn't end up with chocolate all over themselves.

I could not handle shots of tequila -- not anymore, anyway. :rotfl: Mix it all into a fruity drink or better yet hand me something with rum in it.

Shame on DH with his Lady and the Tramp menu. :rotfl2:

We are slowly but surely getting ready for Christmas here -- it doesn't seem to be going quite as smoothly as it normally does, but one way or another we will be ready for it in another four days. :santa:

Oh I was twitching trying to avoid that mickey bar landing in his lap, but DH did okay in the end!!! :laughing: I agree, you won't find me doing shots, no way no how, but the margarita we got (Mango and Blue Caracao, were awesome!!!)

I know he is SO ***** like at times.... :rolleyes:

I know I know, I am emerging finally. I have to pack up cookies, do my spiced nuts, and then deep clean the kitchen so I am not finding sprinkles in May!!!

I majorly cleaned last week, and so with some touchups the house is in order, all the food for our Peeking Duck dinner is ordered or in the freezer! Just have to finish wrapping! :thumbsup2 I so wish we had a few days off before hand... I feel like all the excitement is going to get lost b/c we are all in school and working still. But it will be okay, I am still very festive, love my christmas music! :santa:

I know I know, I am emerging finally. I have to pack up cookies, do my spiced nuts, and then deep clean the kitchen so I am not finding sprinkles in May!!!

:lmao: I know that feeling. Our elves have to be sprinkled with paper "snowflakes" and no matter how many times I clean, I will still be finding them in February.

I majorly cleaned last week, and so with some touchups the house is in order, all the food for our Peeking Duck dinner is ordered or in the freezer! Just have to finish wrapping! :thumbsup2 I so wish we had a few days off before hand... I feel like all the excitement is going to get lost b/c we are all in school and working still. But it will be okay, I am still very festive, love my christmas music! :santa:

How many more days do you have???

Christmas music is one of my favorite parts of the holiday. :santa:

I still have all the kids' wrapping to do, but everyone else is done. Of course, the kids have the most stuff. :rolleyes:

Oh WOW, what some great updates while I was gone! LOVE all the Christmas decorations, it's amazing what WDW looks like during Christmas, but the things they can do to the cruiseships too! So amazing that Belle's rose is inside the chandeliers!

:lmao: at you blow drying your hair while holding champagne!

Dinner looks so awesome! And your tequila tasting is too funny! Have you done the one at the Cave in Epcot before?

I found you! Hopefully I'm back for good and this won't just be a drive by posting :rolleyes:

Loving your cruise so far, all those relaxing at sea days would be awesome!

Wow what a night!!!!!

Loved your pictures on FB of your Christmas cookies, next year I'm coming to your house LOL!!!!

Are you on break yet?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!!

I don't know I think you might just have an inner beacon that leads to the free drinks...not bad to have LOL!!!!! :rotfl2:

Can't wait for my first cruise!! I am so looking forward to it!!

Yes it is fun to say!! I can't wait to see both you and Jackie!!!!

Oh WOW, what some great updates while I was gone! LOVE all the Christmas decorations, it's amazing what WDW looks like during Christmas, but the things they can do to the cruiseships too! So amazing that Belle's rose is inside the chandeliers!

:lmao: at you blow drying your hair while holding champagne!

Dinner looks so awesome! And your tequila tasting is too funny! Have you done the one at the Cave in Epcot before?

:) Thanks! It was fun to get some done, more to do today! :thumbsup2 I am determined to finish this TR in 2011!!! :laughing: the Cruiseship was definitely all done up and looked great! The Disney ships are truly beautiful!!!

Hey, I may be the only one, but I liked the hairdryers on the classic ships!!!! :laughing:

I meant to comment on this yesterday:

Yes! It is super fun to say...finally :laughing:!!! :yay:

Yep!! Super fun!!! :goodvibes

I found you! Hopefully I'm back for good and this won't just be a drive by posting :rolleyes:

Loving your cruise so far, all those relaxing at sea days would be awesome!

I thought either that girls trip did you in forever, OR you were swamped with the BBall booster gig, that you told me about in October! I am glad you have emerged victorious!!! :hug: I have to say, those extra sea days were quite nice.. and I liked the length of the cruise. I have a feeling we'll stick with the longer ones from here on out.

Wow what a night!!!!!

Loved your pictures on FB of your Christmas cookies, next year I'm coming to your house LOL!!!!

Are you on break yet?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!!

I don't know I think you might just have an inner beacon that leads to the free drinks...not bad to have LOL!!!!! :rotfl2:

Can't wait for my first cruise!! I am so looking forward to it!!

Yes it is fun to say!! I can't wait to see both you and Jackie!!!!

Oh well you have a short jaunt in January, right?! Just to keep you until January!! Have you been to your mail box lately??? :rolleyes1

It might just be luck with the cocktails, but hey, I am not going to look a gift CM in the mouth! err.. eyes, I just smiled, and nodded, and said don't mind if I do! LOL!!!! :rotfl:

You'll have a great time, the Dream will blow your mind.

Well, after three days of sailing, two full days at sea, this next morning we woke up and we finally found ourselves STILL. As in, no rocking! No swaying! We had arrived at our first port, St. Maarten! The fact that we were no longer moving was more of a surprise than anything, but we were going to take it! Trust me, we didn’t waste a minute!!! We were excited to see what we came all this way for!! I chose to exercise outside this morning vs. going to the exercise center, I liked being outside and the loop on deck 5 was great for seeing the sites and enjoying the morning sun!! After, we got our gear together, and headed up for Breakfast!!!!

These first two shots I got of the boys and our FE and decorated door! I have the gifts, I realize I never shared those photos, so in the next update I will show you!

Disneyfall2011664.jpg

Disneyfall2011666.jpg

Then up on deck for some food! DS9 and his double fisted-donut breakfast!!!

Disneyfall2011668.jpg

Disneyfall2011667.jpg

It was a gorgeous morning for certain!!!

Disneyfall2011669.jpg

Disneyfall2011671.jpg

DS6 monkeying around before we got off the ship!

Disneyfall2011673.jpg

Disneyfall2011670.jpg

Now I THINK these were taken once we got OFF the ship, however for some reason I can't be sure!! :laughing: So I know we took some on the way off, in fact a CM was there taking photos but I didn't like the one he took.

Disneyfall2011675.jpg

Disneyfall2011674.jpg

But from the ship you end up in a little port area which is quite nice, and the water taxis and the bus transportation/Taxi plazas are here...

Disneyfall2011676.jpg

Disneyfall2011677.jpg

Our plan was to Catch a taxi and head to a beach. Initially, we were going to go to Orient Bay. But instead, we went to a beach that was recommended to us… Galion Beach. I am glad we took this recommendation! :thumbsup2 It was quiet, beautiful, hardly crowded, and very low-key.

Disneyfall2011681.jpg

Disneyfall2011678.jpg

Disneyfall2011679.jpg

Lots of sand and sun and calm shores... it was great!!!

Disneyfall2011680.jpg

Disneyfall2011682.jpg

Disneyfall2011683.jpg

A lone DH, enjoying the bay... the water was incredibly calm, the shore peaceful, the sun out and the drinks plentiful!

Disneyfall2011684.jpg

More fun...

Disneyfall2011687.jpg

Disneyfall2011690.jpg

So all day DS9 had been eyeing this floating platform out in the middle of the water. He was determined to go out to it. The water was just tiptoe deep, and he isn't the most confident swimmer, but he did it! And here he is showing how victorious he is! :laughing:

Disneyfall2011689.jpg

CONTINUED in the next POST!!!!

Our Cab driver had agreed to pick us up at 2:30, which would give us an hour in town, before we wanted to head back to the ship. So here is the final view of the beach, as we were leaving.

Disneyfall2011693.jpg

Here are a few shots I took in the cab back to the boardwalk area... had to take them quick!!! :laughing:

Disneyfall2011694.jpg

Disneyfall2011697.jpg

So as planned, the cab driver dropped us in town, along the boardwalk…

Disneyfall2011699.jpg

And we basically just meandered. I didn't buy anything I think because I was still in beach mode, and nothing really caught my eye. I saw a nice art store, with some cute prints, but the color scheme didn't go in my house at all, and so there wasn't anything I had to have... That being said, there were a few things to still see... this of course got my attention!!!! LOL!!! :rotfl: AND the attention of my two guys!!!!

Disneyfall2011698.jpg

Disneyfall20111154.jpg

Just a few shop and street shots!

Disneyfall20111156.jpg

By the boardwalk...

Disneyfall20111157.jpg

The whole boardwalk beach area was pretty cool, I have to admit. I guess it is the city beach, very much the tourists staying in the hotels on the beach, and there were many bars with live music, or loud music, that spilled right onto the pedestrian walk way. The whole area was very atmospheric... I imagine if you didn't want to spend all day out on a remote part of St. Maarten, or travel far, or pay for an excursion, that this would be the way to go! I could have hung out here without any trouble. :thumbsup2

Disneyfall20111158.jpg

A great place to stop for a photo… or so I thought!!!!:rotfl: DON'T look at this sign too closely.... :eek:

Disneyfall20111159-1.jpg

MUCH better photo ops...

Disneyfall20111172.jpg

Disneyfall20111173.jpg

Disneyfall20111167.jpg

Disneyfall20111170.jpg

Disneyfall20111169.jpg

Before we did get back on the ship, however, we stopped here... DH got us a couple blended drinks one called a "dirty monkey" LOL!!!! :laughing: And I got the guavaberry colada!!! FOR YOU JACKIE!!!! :laughing:

Disneyfall20111171.jpg

Either I just liked the color of the water, or the rum was really strong...

Disneyfall20111168.jpg

NEXT UP, after a full day on the Island, PIRATE NIGHT!!!!!pirate:

Water pictures...sky pictures....:rotfl2:

Hurray for swimming out to the floating dock!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Looked like a beautiful sunny day for the beach and some fun drinks :goodvibes And interesting backgrounds for photos. :laughing:

Tracy

St. Maarten is so beautiful!
I LOVE Orient Bay, but I need to try Galion next time. It looks so relaxing.

Looks like a beautiful day at the beach! I could go for a cocktail and chair in the sand right now!

Yay for Griffin making it out to the platform :yay:

Water pictures...sky pictures....:rotfl2:

Hurray for swimming out to the floating dock!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Looked like a beautiful sunny day for the beach and some fun drinks :goodvibes And interesting backgrounds for photos. :laughing:

Tracy

I know I KNOW!!! I really have to stop feeding that image... :rolleyes: Naaah.... too much fun! :lmao:

Yep, he was very proud of himself! And it was a great place. Never mind the sign, of course DH saw it first and he said HEY what a great photo op... and it was of course only after I was positioning to snap it, that I noticed the sign... :rolleyes: I turned to him and said "I walked RIGHT into that one, didn't I??" And he said, "YUP." :laughing:

St. Maarten is so beautiful!
I LOVE Orient Bay, but I need to try Galion next time. It looks so relaxing.

It really was perfect with the kids. very serene! And I agree what we saw of St. Maarten left me wanting to see more! What we did see was lovely.

Looks like a beautiful day at the beach! I could go for a cocktail and chair in the sand right now!

Yay for Griffin making it out to the platform :yay:

It was a great day for certain!! AND I agree, I would love some of that sun! You have had some cold wet snowy weather, haven't you??!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter