I'm Celebrating: Being Awesome - An October 2016 Solo Trip Report - Update 7/24: Hiatus Over! Sorta.

Checking in to let you know I've been following along and really enjoying the trip! Hope to have time to post more soon.

I tried, but the flower and the tiara just did NOT work together, so I ended up ditching the tiara. GASP, shocking, I know... But I had bought the flower specifically to go with this shirt, so by gawd I was wearing it!

What?? No tiara???
(The flower is super cute, though!)

At least not for breakfast at 6am, since apparently the servers are all still asleep.

Well, it is 6am, that's kinda early ... (but still unacceptable :()

But first, I had to pick up my ride. I walked over to the Bell Services counter, and explained that I was picking up an ECV left for me by Buena Vista Scooters. They got my name, and a guy walked into the back. He came back out with a shiny brand new one for me!

Shiny new scooter? Yay!! That's so exciting!! Hopefully that means we won't get any sad scooter stories this trip!

I'm excited to read about all of the upcoming park time fun!

As I mentioned before, once or twice or ten times, ;) the BC is one of our favorite resorts and the one that we have stayed at the most times. I don't know why but I always like it when other people like the BC, too. :)

On my online check-in, I had requested a high-floor and full balcony room, and also let her know that I no longer needed it to be Handicap Accessible. (In the past I've preferred those rooms because they have a little fold down seat in the shower, but my health has improved so much over the past year that I no longer had dizzy spells, and was pretty sure that I wouldn't be experiencing as much pain and weakness in my legs at the end of the day.) She made a couple phone calls, but was told that due to being a full house that night, there was no way they could move me, and that I would be on the 1st floor. Oh well, no big deal! I thanked her for trying. She got me all checked in, and took my phone number so that I could be texted with my room number once it was ready for me.
That is great to hear how much your health has improved. It definitely shows, too. ::yes::

We had a handicap room on the first floor when our flight got cancelled and we had to add two nights to our trip. I loved the big shower.

Woo hoo! New scooter, fancy outfit, and the Beach Club - can't beat it :D

I'm glad that everything but the breakfast situation went smoothly. You're getting me super excited for May, when I'll get to enjoy the amazingness that is BC for myself :D

Can't wait to see more adventures!

Wow, the BC just looks like SUCH a nice place to stay. And you just can't beat the location...sigh...

Too bad about the crap breakfast...oh well..now you know!

The hotel looks so nice. I can't wait to check in on 12/30 for our first stay. That's great the you got such a nice scooter. It's like getting a new rental car, but even better.
You're going to LOVE the Beach Club! It was wonderful!

Fabulous. Nice not to have to worry for the whole trip!
It was SUPER nice, especially after all the battery trouble I had with my scooter on last year's trip!

You made it!! You're there! And in a sweet spot, no less. Glad the scooter was a breeze this time! Wahooty, but dang it, I wish the breakfast had been a better experience for you. Slow service when you're raring to go doubly stinks.
Right?! Don't these people know I've get Disney to be doing, dangit!

Cute shirt! I also LOVE the tiara and flower combo. I think they work together quite nicely actually.
Ehhh, I didn't like how the tiara made the flower stick out at a funky angle. But thank you all the same! :)

Ahhhhh, HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love:
Yaaaassss!!

Beach Club's lobby really is beautiful. I may or may not have taken a whole bunch of pics before my Cape May breakfast. Can't wait to read about the rest of your day.
I don't blame you! It's a lovely space! I should have wandered about and taken more lobby pics, but I was ready to go play!

you entered the bubble! The resort is so beautiful!!!! I can't imagine coming home to it every night!! I am just elated for you!
It was WONDERFUL to come home to every night. As was my room, but that's for a future post!

You look amazing! love the flower in your hair! and happy yay on a shiny new scooter! WHOOP!!!
Thank you, boo!

Love the blue flower! Very cute.
Thanks! But I think you saw it in-person. Unless it fell out. I was a few drinks in, after all. Haha.

This still makes me giggle every time I think about it
HAHA! Yeah, that story is going to make it into this thread, don't you worry.

How are you ever going back to a value resort? This is beautiful!
I. DON'T. KNOW. Honestly, I am staying with family at ASmo in February, and I'm totally worried about this! I'm too dang spoiled now after my BC stay!

Checking in to let you know I've been following along and really enjoying the trip! Hope to have time to post more soon.
Yay, I'm so glad you're still here!

What?? No tiara???
(The flower is super cute, though!)
I knoooow. It was an agonizing decision. But I knew there would be other tiara days, but only one blue flower day!

Well, it is 6am, that's kinda early ... (but still unacceptable :()
Pfft! I don't get to nap at my desk at work because 9am is kinda early!

Shiny new scooter? Yay!! That's so exciting!! Hopefully that means we won't get any sad scooter stories this trip!
Nope, no sad scooter stoies this trip at all, actually! Maybe a funny one or two, though. At least one. Hint: Don't drink and drive, kids.

As I mentioned before, once or twice or ten times, ;) the BC is one of our favorite resorts and the one that we have stayed at the most times. I don't know why but I always like it when other people like the BC, too. :)
Yessss, now I see why you love it so much! I most certainly did! (Though the halls are a little creepy, I was getting "Shining" vibe the first time I went looking for my room. But I was also tipsy at that time, soooo....

That is great to hear how much your health has improved. It definitely shows, too. ::yes::
Thank you so much, Sue!

You're getting me super excited for May, when I'll get to enjoy the amazingness that is BC for myself :D
Good, that's the idea! I think you're going to LOVE the Beach Club!

Wow, the BC just looks like SUCH a nice place to stay. And you just can't beat the location...sigh...
For real, the location was PERFECT. I'm so spoiled now!

DAY 2
October 21st, 2016 - Friday
Hollywood Studios, Part 1!

So after my SUPER exciting boat ride...

Disney-Boat.jpg

...During which I got parked in front of a fan that was blowing my hair all crazy like I was in a Warrant video the entire time...

...I finally arrived at my destination:

dhs.png

Feeling giddy as heck, I made my way on up to a ticket window and picked up this thing of beauty:

20161021_092246-1.jpg

That's right, ya'll! For the first time ever, I'm an Annual Passholer! Say whaaaaaaaat! (Spoiler alert: The entire trip, I remember ONE TIME to mention that when I was buying something, so I only got my discount one time. Derp!)

Then on through the tapstiles I went, and OMG I'M HERE HOLY CRAPPPPPPP!!!!

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_20161021_7836605070.jpeg

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_20161021_7836602197.jpeg

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_20161021_7836605071.jpeg

The above pic was a pose that the PP photographer told me to do. I thought maybe it was for a magicshot or something. No, apprently he was just trolling me. MFer.

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_20161021_7836605072.jpeg

But then he kinda made up for it with this cuteness, so I forgive him. Mostly.

After my first photo session (and there were many of them) of the trip, I swung right and headed down Sunset Boulevard to my first destination: Single Rider Line at...

20161021_093648-1.jpg

Yaaaas! And of course, it was AWESOME. I, however, derped up and forgot that I usually take my glasses off for this one out of fear of them falling off. When did I remember this? Oh, you know, approximately .000001 seconds before we took off. And the result is this:

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20161021_7836634709.jpeg

Yep. I rode the entire rollercoaster like that, hanging onto the right arm of my glasses. JUST IN CASE. (Admittedly, it was pretty nice to actually see stuff clearly for once!)

Also, the guy behind me on the left looks like he's totally poopin' himself. (This ends up being a theme on this trip, by the way.)

After browsing in the dump shop (heh heh) and almost buying some stuff but then changing my mind and leaving empty-handed (also a recurring theme, sadly), I headed out, but on the way stopped for these fun photos:

STUDIO_SUNSETROCK_20161021_7836712806.jpeg

STUDIO_SUNSETROCK_20161021_7836712812.jpeg

Originally the plan was to go over and get my face painted now, but I ended up deciding that since dinner that night was at a Signature, I should be just a tiny bit more low-key today. Just a little. Not much. (Those of you who have met me know that low-key Billie is still pretty freakin' weird.)

So I decided instead to just kinda wander and take my time, making my way over to the general vicinity of my lunch. Because fat girl logic: When in doubt, find food. And thanks to @chunkymonkey and her TRs, I knew to keep a keen eye out for the popcorn stands here in Hollywood Studios, and I stumbled upon one along the way. And lo and behold if I didn't immediately spot my desired acquisition:

20161021_102815-1.jpg

My BB-8 sippy cup! I've coveted this thing ever since I saw it on Su-Lynn's report, and I was THRILLED to get my hands on one so easily and so early in the day. I literally told him, "BB-8! You're goin' home with me, b****!"

Then I continued making my way over towards my eatin' place. But along the way, I saw something that made me stop dead in my tracks, and next thing I knew, I was making my way through One Man's Dream and headed for the theater in the back...

20161021_104423-1.jpg

WHAAAAAAAT OMG SPECIAL 10-MINUTE PREVIEW YAASSSS THANK YOU BABY JESUS.

No seriously, it was awesome. Made me even more pumped for the film (which I saw on opening night a couple weeks ago) than I already was! (Bendleflap Cucumberpatch is totes my boo.)

After I calmed down, I continued on my way to my lunch destination, eventually finding myself at:

backlot-express-sign.png

Where I ordered most definitely the nerdiest quick-service meal ever:

20161021_111606-1.jpg

Dark Side Chicken and Waffles! (Full review can be found on my Dining Report, located HERE!)

What you don't see in the photo is that I took that hard cider and dumped it all into my BB-8 sippy cup and drank it through a straw. Yep, within an hour, my BB-8's innocence was stolen.

Also, when I posted the above photo on Facebook, my high school friend Ally made a most excellent observation:

ally-fb.png

This managed to create yet another trend... drinking by 11am. A trend that would persist for next 6 days. #vacationlush

After my delicious lunch, I walked right next door and continued my nerd-fest at...

20161021_115925-1.jpg

Star Tours! Okay, I realize this photo is Jedi Training Academy, but it was happening just feet away as I went into the queue for Star Tours, and since my vantage point was so great, why not stop and grab a pic, right? I thought so right up until a CM told me to move along. Jerk.

The ride was great, as always. Alas, yet again, I was NOT the Rebel spy. This time Rebel spy was actually AN EMPTY SEAT. I was so ticked. Someday...

After Star Tours, I browsed around in Tatooine Traders, specifically on the hunt for more fun BB-8 merchandise. I saw a few cute things, but nothing that really SPOKE to me. (Note: If any of you are talented with making custom Minnie Ears, I'm totes interested in commissioning a BB-8 ear headband for my February trip. I know I could find somebody to do it for me on Etsy, or if ya'll know of anybody who's already making something like this and selling them, hit me up!) I did come across this ADORABLE R2D2 handbag...

r2d2-purse.png

It was hanging behind a register and I couldn't see the pricetag, so I asked the CM. Then out of curiosity I was like, "Do you know if it comes in any other styles?" So he tells me that there's a BB-8 one over at blah blah blah shop on Sunset Boulevard. SAY WHAAAAAT?! I knew I'd be back over that way shortly, so I totally filed that information away to go look for later!

Then I zipped over to visit with Kermit and Miss Piggy and Rizzo and Bean Bunny and all the rest of the Muppets gang in MuppetVision 3D, and then on down to Pixar Place for my FP+ at...

tsm.png

I typically roll faces here, but it honestly wasn't my best game. No worries though, still had fun!

After that it was time for some relaxation, so I made over to the Great Movie Ride. (When I had passed it earlier, the line was nuts.) It was down to only a 20 minute wait, so on in I went!

20161021_133448-1.jpg

Note: ECV/wheelchair users always get put in the very back row. So usually while the dude in the speakers is talking about one movie, I'm still "in" the previous one. It's pretty weird!

Feeling rejuvenated, I pointed myself in the direction of some more geeky fun...

20161021_135959-1.jpg

........Buuuuuuuuut we'll save that for the next update. Stay tuned, ya'll!

Up Next... Hollywood Studios, Part 2!

Last edited:
I have the same problem on Rock N Roller Coaster. I rode it for the first time in July and almost lost my glasses. My pic is awesome with me holding onto them for dear life while trying to hold onto the shoulder harness for dear life. DS has that BB8 sipper and loves it. He's always wanting to use it at home, when he knows it has to be hand-washed:rolleyes: Love that you put cider in it:thumbsup2 I guess the new saying is "It's 11am somewhere":drinking1I love that R2D2 and have thought about buying it, or the BB8 one, for a long time. I think they are made by Lounge Fly and are available on their website. However, I really like shoulder bags instead of handbags. I saw a similarly shaped Jaws one at Universal that I almost broke down and bought.

OMG chicken and Vader waffles!! AND booze in a BB8 sippy!! This is the stuff of dreams.

The balloon magic shot is always one of my favorites.

I'm getting my first AP on our December trip!! I'm a little nervous about upgrading my ticket (I keep reading things about CMs not knowing how to bridge tickets or whatever and it stresses me out!), but I'm so excited to have a multi-trip year. I'm afraid I'm going to forget to mention it for discounts, too!!

That selfie in front of Launch Bay is beautiful, by the way!

I also always forget to mention my AP for discounts. I plan on really trying to remember this time, since they increased the discounts and the restaurants that take it. I always forget to use my Universal AP for discounts too:sad2:

That's right, ya'll! For the first time ever, I'm an Annual Passholer! Say whaaaaaaaat! (Spoiler alert: The entire trip, I remember ONE TIME to mention that when I was buying something, so I only got my discount one time. Derp!)
Oh no! Did you forget to use it for the 20% off at restaurants and counter services, especially the Marketplace? We've gotten better at remembering to ask for the discount now that we've been passholders for two years now.

After browsing in the dump shop (heh heh) and almost buying some stuff but then changing my mind and leaving empty-handed (also a recurring theme, sadly), I headed out, but on the way stopped for these fun photos:
Those are really cute pictures. It looks like you were enjoying your DHS day. :)

What you don't see in the photo is that I took that hard cider and dumped it all into my BB-8 sippy cup and drank it through a straw. Yep, within an hour, my BB-8's innocence was stolen.
The BB-8 cup is adorable. I've dumped a few alcoholic beverages into the refillable mug. It keeps the drink colder that way, and no one knows what you are drinking. ;)

I've been a bad DIS friend and need to catch up! :)

I'm loving all your selfies! You look so fantastic, and very happy! Sorry the aquarium was not so stellar, but it looks like you had a pretty good first night! Boo on the breakfast tho...

The beach Club is so beautiful, isn't is?! I'm totally becoming a deluxe resort spoiled brat.

You had me seriously cracking up on your HS update. :rotfl2: Bendleflap Cucumberpatch or whatever you called him :laughing:...

HS is my least fav park but you rocked it girl:cool:.

You'll get used to whipping out your AP soon enough.

And my favorite selfie of you!!!

Yay for being an AP holder!

Sometimes I think Photopass photographers ask for ridiculous poses on purpose :rotfl: I always end up with several pictures with poses that make no sense or that were snapped at a strange time.

That BB8 cup is so cute! And so perfect for day drinking :laughing:

I've come out of lurk-Dom to say that I too hold my glasses like that on coasters! My sister does too...there is a Rockin' Roller Coaster pic of us where we are BOTH screaming and holding onto our glasses. it makes me laugh, it makes us look more geeky than we already are!

There are LOTS of BB8 minnie ears on Etsy. I saw many styles to choose from while I searched for Christmas minnie ears to rock on my upcoming December trip.

All the employees were just standing around chatting. Finally I got up and asked one of them what the deal was, and she said she'd go get my server. And she did, and my server was very nice. And then promptly vanished again. No less than 3 times did I have to grab a random employee and ask them to find me server for me. It was pretty bad. Definitely not work the $15 (with very small tip) that I paid.
So while I would most definitely stay at this hotel again, it's very unlikely I was eat at the attached TGIFriday's again. At least not for breakfast at 6am, since apparently the servers are all still asleep.
Wow, talk about horrible service. Did you actually have to pay? I thought you said it came with the hotel????

And the elation only escalated when I saw:
beach-club-sign.png
Amazing!!!! So jealous you got to stay here. The price has just never been right for us so alas it eludes me. Can't wait to see the pics of your room.

She made a couple phone calls, but was told that due to being a full house that night, there was no way they could move me, and that I would be on the 1st floor. Oh well, no big deal! I thanked her for trying. She got me all checked in, and took my phone number so that I could be texted with my room number once it was ready for me.
Oh man, sorry you didn't get a high floor. HOpefully the patio works out for ya though.

Disney-Boat.jpg

...During which I got parked in front of a fan that was blowing my hair all crazy like I was in a Warrant video the entire time...
You're my cherry pie :P

20161021_092246-1.jpg

Congrats!!!!! I totally never remember to use the discount either. Did you get the new dining discount though????

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_20161021_7836605072.jpeg

But then he kinda made up for it with this cuteness, so I forgive him. Mostly.
Great picture and totally love the little boy in the stroller checking you out :-) I rarely can get Jason to stop for Photopass but when I do we never seem to get magic shots.

Also, the guy behind me on the left looks like he's totally poopin' himself. (This ends up being a theme on this trip, by the way.)
What do ya know this is a favorite theme of mine. Can't wait to see how it "flushes" out :P

That's my girl!

This managed to create yet another trend... drinking by 11am. A trend that would persist for next 6 days. #vacationlush
So proud :drinking1

OMG I can't believe you're on page 6 already! I have to totally catch up now!!
SCORE on the BB-8 sipper cup! That little sucker was hard to find!

The Beach Club looks amazing! We're only staying there 2 nights on our upcoming trip, but damn it, I can't wait! What a great start to the TR!

Oh, and that Darth Vader cupcake looks :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

My computer is giving me some serious issues so i have to make this quick to i can fix the damn thing.

During which I got parked in front of a fan that was blowing my hair all crazy like I was in a Warrant video the entire time...

Soooo Like this?
1DsOAxr.jpg

I crack myself up!!!

That's right, ya'll! For the first time ever, I'm an Annual Passholer!

Oh my GIDDY!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I was buying something, so I only got my discount one time. Derp!

Derp.. Apparently this should be the name of this report?

Are you kidding this is showing off the new you and how self empowered you are now!!
fantastic!

and again..

derp_gif_by_gifsandstock-d4i9lu4.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter