I'm Back - San Angel Inn Lunch Review

MikeWazowski

DIS Veteran
San Angel Inn - 02/13/2004

This was a "let's try somthing different" lunch and I always wanted to try this place. We never went here in the past because we figured the menu was to out there for our taste. But, I am so glad we went here.

We had no PS and were seated right away at 2:00pm. We were seated right by the El Rio De Tiempo ride, which was very fun to watch go by. It is very dark in this restaurant and when we left my eyes were burning outside. But, there is enough light to see the menu and eat. Our waitress was very nice and explained all of the items on the menu for us.

I had the Plato Mexicano (grilled beef taco, chicken enchilada and quesadilla, with refried beans, and guacamole) and my mother had the Tacos Al Carbon (tacos with grilled chicken or beef, peppers, onions, and guacamole). My was very good, but I had one of my mothers tacos and they were extremely good. This is not like your local taco bell. A Million times better!!! This was Great Lunch, by the time we were done eating we could barely move. Ten out of Ten, I would do again in a second

This place also gives a 10% AP discount, which is'nt much but it is a incentive to eat here.

Here's the Damage

2 Iced Tea - 4.00
Plato Mexicano - 13.95
Taco Carbon Chkn - 11.95

SUBTOTAL - 29.90
10% Passholder - 2.99-
TAX - 1.75
AMOUNT DUE - 28.66

Pretty good deal for me!!!

Any Questions?

This is hands down our favorite place for lunch or dinner at WDW! We especially love lunch because it is nice to get out of the heat of the day and eat someplace dark and cool! The food is always wonderful and the atmosphere is just too cool for words. However, you missed the best part of eating there - the MARGARITAS!!:hyper:

Originally posted by GEM
This is hands down our favorite place for lunch or dinner at WDW! We especially love lunch because it is nice to get out of the heat of the day and eat someplace dark and cool! The food is always wonderful and the atmosphere is just too cool for words. However, you missed the best part of eating there - the MARGARITAS!!:hyper:

I could'nt agree more, this was a great meal. I would of had a Margarita, but I'm only twenty. One more year and I will be ablt to try one. Thanks for the tip

Hey Mike - I've wanted to try this also but have been scared off by those who say the tables are really crammed in there (I am Pooh-sized, but I'm working on it!). Did you feel cramped, and too close to your neighboring tables?

Originally posted by Harambe
Hey Mike - I've wanted to try this also but have been scared off by those who say the tables are really crammed in there (I am Pooh-sized, but I'm working on it!). Did you feel cramped, and too close to your neighboring tables?

Your right, I did notice being pretty close to the tables next to us. I would say around a foot and a half (maybe) to the next table. If you used your normal speaking voice you could here the conversation from the other table. So the tables are a little close. We had a table against the wall with a bench seat and a regular chair. You should'nt have a problem with comfort. I'm extremly skinny so I am not the best judge. But, you could always request a table in the middle of the restaurant. Hope this helps

I've always wanted to try it to! Thanks for the review! Sounds like a must do next time!

Lisa

Thanks for the review! We ate here in December and are definitely looking forward to eating here next time :)

That was a great review, Mike. San Angel is one of our favorites too. And by the way, the margaritas are sooooo good. Be sure to have one when you're legal.

Ann:earsgirl:

Thanks for the review! I haven't been to that spot in a long time. I'm going to have to give it a go again. :D

I love this restaurant! The Mexican pavillion is by far the most romantic, at least for me. I really enjoy the "downtown" shopping district atmosphere and the Rio del Tempo is an awesome backdrop!

One of my favorite dishes is the Mole Chicken - Chicken with a chocolate sauce. It is wonderful!

I also took a tip from Birnbaum's and took my time deciding what to order. Ordered the app's first, then the meal when they arrived. It took the "full court press" right out of the server and made sure we had a leisurely meal.

pirate:

I have enjoyed a few meals there, then I kept hearing so many negatives about the place, I thought I must have been mistaken(thinking it was good). Thanks for the positive review MikeW--maybe I was right after all:earsboy:

I tried this restaurant Thursday evening for the first time and loved it! I got the Mole Poblano and also sampled the Pollo a las Rajas- both were delicious! The chips and (spicy) salsa were also yummy. I drank a virgin mango margarita and it was very good, although I do not know how much different the normal margarita would have tasted. We too sat right next to the El Rio del Tiempo boat ride, although our table sat 5... the tables were very close together... so much that the chair of the person at the table next door touched the back of mine. I sat on the inside and despite being fairly small, I needed my DM to stand up from her seat before I could get out from the table. If you sit on the outside, then it will be fine. It was dimly lit, but it added a great deal to the magical atmosphere :) I would not hesitate to eat there again.

mariamouse :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter