I'm Back - Beaches and Cream Lunch and Dinner Review

MikeWazowski

DIS Veteran
I really fell in love with this place. We ended up going back for dinner because our lunch was so good. Great greasy burger!!! You can't beat it in WDW

Beaches and Cream Lunch - 02/12/2004

We took the boat from Epcot to the Beach and Yacht Club at 1:00pm. We waited about ten minutes for a table and the place was full. We both got Cheeseburgers and I got a Rasberry Smoothie. WE both agreed that the burgers were very good. Probably unhealthy, but I don't care (spoil yourself in WDW). Total came to 22.97 before tip. Nine out of ten.

Beaches and Cream Dinner - 02/16/2004 (Our Last Night)

This was another day that they were full again in both sides of the restuarant (Take-Out and Sit-Down). This time we waited about fourty-five minutes for a table. But, I think it was worth it. I had a burger again, which was fantastic and my mother had a Banana Split for her dinner. The Banana Split was actually 5 or 10 cents more then my burger. I found that funny. I can'y remember exactly how much the total was, I think around $20.00. Great Great Place, another nine out of ten.

Any Questions?

Thanks for the review. It on our places to try list on our next trip. There is nothing more we like than a hamburger. Plus I love your Dis name. Monster's Inc is my son's favorite.

I'm hungry now....the raspberry smoothie sounds soooo good right now!

I guess you could say both. On one side you can get take-out and on the other you sit-down and eat your meal. On the night we ate dinner here I think the wait for take-out was as long to get a table (about 45 minutes).

We thought that the meal was great there too. The hamburgers were great. I couldn't finish the dessert for anything!!!!

They used to have "plans" to enlarge/expand Beaches & Cream. Sounds like they do enough business to warrant that action.

Originally posted by Uncleromulus
They used to have "plans" to enlarge/expand Beaches & Cream. Sounds like they do enough business to warrant that action.

They really do need to expand. The place is just way to small. They should just take over all or some of the arcade next to it.

That'd be a step in the right direction.
A few years back, the manager at B&C told me that expansion was to take place with them taking over where Ariel's used to be.
Never happened tho--.

I don't want to rain on the B & C parade, but I have a different take on this place than most. The neagatives are as follows...but I admit, the atmosphere is fun, happy, and wonderfully ice cream parlor-ish!

Having said that, just a word of warning...I'd stick to the burgs at B&C...the prime rib sandwich was a massive disappointment....quite poorly done (little meat, nothing interesting about it).

Overall, this place seems to be more like a tourist trap than most Disney eateries....we had no wait when we went (Sunday 5 pm) but I would have been angry had I waited an hour for relatively poor or plain food. The ice cream desserts are very good, but come on, it doesn't take much skill to make them...this place should be larger too, it's almost a crime how small it is considering the location!

Thanks for your review. I visited B&C on 2/6 at about 1pm for lunch. Our party of 4 did not have to wait for a table. I was very surprised at how small B&C is. I shared a burger, very good, so that I would have room for desert. We had a great waitress, she spent some time teasing one our guests. She quickly brought any special requests too. When we requested another scoop of vanilla ice cream for a now ice cream less root beer float, she returned with a huge dish of it.
I shared the NO WAY JOSE, it was really good. My sister wanted a menu, she loved it and wanted it for her scrapbook, the waitress told her to just keep it. It was a great experience, I would definately return.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Mmm, I agree they have the best burgers here! A trip isn't complete for us if we don't eat at Beaches and Cream at least once. :)

DH and I ate at B&C last Feb. Using our Meal Vouchers we had a feast!!! We didn't realize how large the quantities were. DH had the prime rib sandwich (Very tender, seasoned well, plenty of meat.) He still talks about it to this day! (Guess we had a different cook than Jersey Shark.) I had the Cheeseburger. (Wonderful but HUGE!) Our sides were French Fries and Onion Rings, 2 Cherry Cokes (made with Syrup, YUM!! and free refills.) And of course we couldn't skip dessert, Strawberry Shortcake for me, No Way Jose for DH. (I honestly don't know where we put it all!!!) We couldn't possibly finish it all, but we tried! And it only cost us $22.00!!!! We left an extra tip for excellent service.
We will be back there on Feb 29th for another feast. (I think we'll split a meal this time!!!) CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Shelby5514:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Beaches & Cream

Hi all,
Like almost all of you posters, we have enjoyed B & C each time we are in the neighborhood, which is usually the case as we have been lucky enough to have stayed at the BWI for three times now. The burgers are juicy (or should one say slightly greasy?) and very tasty. But it is the sundaes that have the family going back for more.
Do not agree, though, that the place should be expanded, as I feel that the size has a lot to do with the charm and ambiance of B & C. It is one of the unique places in WDW, and IMHO would lose much of its character if it were bigger. It has the tone and flavor of a small town soda fountain, where the food is not prepared in a sort of assembly line fashion. Just my opinion, of course.
We will be there this coming August with a bunch of family and friends, so get those No Way Jose's ready! Have a magical Day! Bob

Glad to hear you liked B&C! My family has wanted to try this place for so long but we've never been able to fit it into our schedule. You mentioned taking the boat from Epcot and I think this would be perfect for us! A couple of questions for you:

How long did the boat ride take?
How long did you wait for the boat?
Were the drink refills free?
Any idea what time they open for lunch?

Thanks so much for your help and your great idea!:teeth:

I know this may seem like a dumb question but I'll ask anyways...

Can anyone go to Beaches and Cream? We're not staying at the resorts but we are going to be in the parks every day. By reading this review, I'm assuming the restaurant is in one of the resorts. Just wondering if we can try it out on our trip, it sounds great.

My sister and I ate at B&C last summer for lunch. We got there just before it opened around 11:00AM so we were seated immediately. After having seen it on the travel channel I thought it would be larger too, but still we enjoyed ourselves. She had a burger and drink, I had a hot dog, fries and the Mickey Mouse sundae. It was good enough that next summer when we go back we will try "The Kitchen Sink" with a larger group of people.:)
:wave: Enid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter