I'm BAACK!! Moms dream vacation a success! Trippie is COMPLETE tons of pics... 1/21

Hey guys! Again, thank you so much for all your comments! I'm loving writing all these! I'm getting sad that I'm almost done with my trippie cause then I can't relive the trip! So on with the report... last I left you guys, we had just finished with It's a Bugs Life....

Our fastpass time was coming up for Expedition Everest so we went over there, parked mom on a bench (or a rock? lol) and ran into the line. Everyone says that you should at least once walk through the 'normal' part of the line and not take the fastpass line every time but I think that will just have to wait until I go next time. I had never ridden it and we were on a time crunch! We quickly got to the front of the line and since we each had 2 fastpasses for around the same time, we requested to first sit in the very front. OK, I LOVE this ride!!! It was awesome and the Yeti was VERY cool :)

2111648108_16703d83e2.jpg

2110870733_5957023b1a.jpg

After we finished that round, we quickly ran around to the entrance again and jumped back on but this time asked for the very back. Again, awesome ride! Not sure which we liked best, I think the front? I don't really think it mattered much!

We picked up mom from her resting spot and we wanted to ride Dinosaur so headed in that direction. Again, parked poor mom on a bench and we ran into the ride (I swear it's the last time we parked her somewhere! haha!). I've never been on this either so I was excited to ride it. I kept thinking I was in the Museum of Natural History in NYC while I was waiting on line with the huge dino skeleton in the center of the room...lol

Again, I really liked this ride too! I knew the scary dino was coming up at the end so we hammed it up for the picture.. hehehe

2111650172_723c409b40.jpg

2111650752_0cf19fa0c8.jpg

yeah we're cheap and didn't feel like buying the pic so we just took a pic of it. lol

We checked the time and realized that the Finding Nemo show that we had to see was coming up pretty soon! So we shuffled over to the theatre after quickly running through Dino-land or whatever it's called.

We grabbed seats in the theatre in the middle of the theatre and just relaxed until the show. No pics to show you guys but it was CUTE! The songs were great and the actors were pretty good too! We had opted to see Nemo instead of Lion King since we heard Nemo was so good. We then later heard from Sarah's friend that she enjoyed Lion King better but oh well! We'll have to just go see it next time we go!

After the show we headed over to Yak and Yeti for our early-ish dinner. I was excited to try the new place! And we weren't disappointed at all!

First of all, the detail that was put into this restaurant is amazing. I wish we had more time to look around but we had to quickly eat and head back to the hotel.

2110872637_fa8bd8c20b.jpg

We started off with the Pork Pot Stickers - pan seared or steamed, soy lime dipping sauce. These were yummy! The soy lime dipping sauce had a nice flavor and the pot stickers weren't dry and were a perfect size....

2110872923_42f7fb3dd9.jpg

We also had the Wok-Fried Green Beans - battered green beans, sweet Thai chili dipping sauce. OMG these were AWESOME! And yes, I know deep frying anything makes it better but I could have eaten these all night. The beans were still crispy, which I loved. The batter on them wasn't too heavy and had a nice flavor to it. And the dipping sauce was scrumptious! haha! I think we used it for the dumplings too towards the end. mmm... I'm getting hungry thinking about them!

2110873237_9c49d4a486.jpg

The only thing that kind of annoyed me during the meal is that my mom ordered tea and the waiter came back and told us that it wasn't included on the meal plan as a drink. REALLY?! It was a tablespoon of tea leaves! It wasn't a problem paying extra for it but it was included everywhere else so I'm not sure if the waiter was mistaken or if it really wasn't included.

So back to the meal...lol...

My mom had the Tempura Shrimp - chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, stir fried vegetables. She said she really liked it and ate most of it, which is a good sign for my mom!

2111652028_665fdca777.jpg

I finally decided on the Baby Back Ribs - slow-roasted ribs, hoisin BBQ sauce, chicken fried rice, sweet chili slaw. These were YUMMY! The ribs had great flavor and were perfectly cooked, pretty much falling off the bone. I did ask for extra BBQ sauce since I love anything bbq. The sweet chili slaw was nice, but it was warm, which kind of threw me off. Not sure if I liked it hot? And the chicken fried rice had a nice flavor, but it was a little dry, like it's been sitting in the bowl on the counter for awhie.

2111652398_4d618f9ebf.jpg

Sarah had the sweet and sour chicken, which she enjoyed, but said that it was only slightly better than sweet and sour chicken that you can get at any chinese restaurant.

2111652740_f5eef44f34.jpg

Next up was dessert...yayyy!

We first tried the Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle. Sarah and I were a good team...I really enjoyed the fresh grilled pineapple and she really liked the cream cheese wontons. I found the wontons a little too sweet for me. It didn't interest mom so she didn't even bother trying it.

2110874495_fb3f295a38.jpg

Our 2nd dessert we tried was the Chocolate Brownie Sundae - chunks of brownie, vanilla ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauces, fresh whipped cream. Pretty asian, right? haha! This thing was HUGE! But it was pretty yummy! The brownie was nice and warm and everything was just...good!

2110874775_049e8b2645.jpg

After we paid, I wanted to go upstairs and see the rest of the restaurant and even though the top half of the restuarant wasn't open yet, they let us go upstairs and wander a bit. Again...awesome detail!!

2110874863_71b890bb6b.jpg

ok...wrapping this up for tonight but going to hopefully start on Mickey's Very Merry Xmas Party soon! :)

Mmm...those beans look good!

Yak & Yeti - OMG, those portions look HUGE! How many shrimp were in your mom's dinner entree? Thanks for taking pix - I love to see what the food looks like!

Another great update. I LOVED Expedition Everest!!! I wish we could have eaten at Yak & Yeti but for some reason I was thinking it would not be open yet when we were there. Oh well, next time!

I know how you feel about the trip coming to an end, I just posted Day 6 and cannot believe I have one more day and the report will be complete. Maybe I can get DH to plan another trip.......which would be another pre-trippie!

Looking forward to your next installment.

Yay for another great update:thumbsup2

That is so cool your mom didn't mind sitting out while you all rode thrill rides:goodvibes

I love your redneck photo of Dinosaur:rotfl2: I do the same thing....:thumbsup2

Yak and Yeti looks like a lot of fun!!

Ohhh...I still want more of the green beans now that I just saw the pictures again! haha! So after we left Yak and Yeti we decided to go to the Character Greeting Trails to see if there were long lines and maybe grab a few pics with some characters.

The sun was setting as we were walking to Camp Minnie Mickey and it was soooo pretty!

2110875121_182c14d020.jpg

2110875239_144b24d494.jpg

Remember the tree I saw the first night I went to Pleasure Island? The one with all the birds sleeping in it? Well as we wandered around we saw a bigger tree...with SOOOO many birds sleeping! Everyone walking by would stop and stare at it..

2110875311_f60f89c73d.jpg

We walked by a few of the character areas and the lines were way too long so we just decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel and then head over to the Christmas Party.

On the way out to the car, Sarah stopped at Guest Relations since it was her bday that week and picked up a birthday pin. We took a few pics with the tree and then headed back to Pop!

2111654146_1235132d1a.jpg

Back at Pop, we dropped mom off and hung out for a few minutes and then Sarah and I headed back out to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! yayyy! I didn't really know what to expect since I had heard mixed reviews about the party so we went in with an open mind and didn't expect much.

At the Transportation and Ticket Center, we headed up to the monorail and asked to get in the front. Yay! I haven't ridden in the front of the monorail in YEARS!!! We were given honorary monorail driver cards (I think that's what they were called) and then were off to the Magic Kingdom!

When we got into the park, we had to snap a few pics with the tree and everything... lol

2111654370_7c4c50d948.jpg

snapped a few pics with Roy and Minnie and then headed up Main St and into a little snow! Its a little hard to see but there was a little blizzard for a bit! Watching it snow on Main Street was pretty awesome.

2111654528_715833c3bf.jpg

oh yes...and did I ever mention the castle was PRETTTY at night? haha

2110876095_5c9043b200.jpg

Our game plan for the night was to start in Adventureland and work our way clockwise, but then do Fantasyland last when all of the kids were already gone. Also we wanted to do the last parade of the night, and definitely see the fireworks. Oh...and eat as many cookies, apples, and hot chocolate as possible!

Sadly the Dole Whip place was closed for the night (booooo!) but we saw Abu and Genie starting to take pictures at the character spot so we quickly ran over there and got on line. When it was our turn Genie saw Sarah's birthday pin and somehow it turned into a guessing game for us to guess how old Genie was. Did you know he's 4000 years old!?!? haha...we have a few more years until we catch up with him i guess!

2111654750_6272e1a381.jpg

We then headed over to Pirates of the Carribean and on our way there Hook and Smee were hanging out so? more pics! Again, when it was our turn, Smee saw Sarah's birthday pin and got everyone in line to sing happy birthday to her. Even Hook got in the action! It was cute!

2110876297_3e17ffe254.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2087/2110993755_e1c3b65d97.jpg[/IMG

Oh...there was also a little pirate band singing pirate christmas songs. didn't get great pics of them though!

The birthday fun just kept continuing throughout the night...it was awesome!

We finally got into Pirates and when it was time to load the boat, the cast member saw Sarah's pin and granted us a boat all to ourselves! So Sarah jumped in front..

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2278/2111655034_f6cb1f8f04.jpg

and I jumped in towards the back..

2110994001_a1db208493.jpg

2111655184_e3093f7556.jpg

We got our Jack Sparrow fix and then headed towards frontierland. We skipped over Splash Mountain (we did NOT want to get soaked today!) and headed to Thunder Mt (I think?) instead. After our mountain fix we were a little hungry and thirsty and headed to get some free food at Pecos Bill.

2111655508_0dda0a32a7.jpg

The hot chocolate was yummy and the apples were good too. The cookies we weren't big fans of so we stuck to the apples and hot chocolate for the rest of the night.

Haunted Mansion was next, since neither of us can get enough of it. I taught Sarah about the whispering that they added to the stretching room at the end and I got to see my favorite bats again. You know what I'm talking about...the bat rope thingies? For some reason I've always loved them ever since I was a kid!

2111656474_c023c706a0.jpg

I know we had said that we wanted to save Fantasyland for last but when we walked through, it was practically empty! We headed over to the Teacups for a little spin. We saw the Queen of Hearts but I think she was going in for a break so hopefully we'll see her later!

We jumped in and attempted to take action shots but they didn't work that well!

2110879409_067fd338f7.jpg

I always love the teacups and wish i rode them more that week!

When we headed off the teacups, we saw the Mad Hatter bumming around so we quickly snapped a few pics...

2111775308_21c3136778.jpg

We realized the fireworks were about to start so we headed towards main street in front of the castle.The fireworks were great! I think I might like the normal Wishes better but these were still really good!

2110879493_eb720cae96.jpg

2110879625_3b4c727ffe.jpg

2110879755_0e0c6ce053.jpg

2110879939_072ec6e416.jpg

We then headed back to Fantasyland after the fireworks, grabbed some more hot choclate, and ran into a few more characters

2111775596_c0c37fa798.jpg

2110998075_ccac9c73fa.jpg

After a few shots we wandered over to Tomorrowland and grabbed some more hot chocolate and apples (they were good! lol)..

my buddy wanted some apples too..

2110880167_95cdcc2a04.jpg

Neither of us have been on Astro Orbiter in decades either so we jumped on line since again, NO LINE AT ALL!!!

2111659214_1d5bba4b3e.jpg

The view from the top was beautiful! No pics of it though..

2110998731_db46e43814.jpg

Hit my pic limit! I'll be back!

So after the orbiters, we again ran in to get some more apples and hot chocolate. One of the cast members saw Sarah's bday pin and made us wait so he could find some chocolate cake for us. He was so sweet! And the cake was yummy!

The parade was going to start soon so we headed over to find a spot to sit by Liberty Square. So now the only mean-ish cast members we found were ushering people around trying to find a place to stand. We were over by one of the walkways and got yelled at and scolded saying that no one was allowed to stand there...BECAUSE IT WAS A FIRE HAZARD or SOMETHING to that effect. Oh really? Then how come when the parade started..

2111777208_45fc11f11e.jpg

Idiots... haha!

The parade was definitely cute. My favorite was the wooden soldiers!

2110881209_eb0075ddc6.jpg

2110881447_48a56986a3.jpg

2110881915_1c3e05d4cc.jpg

2111660298_9ea342bed1.jpg

Headed back to fantasyland again and grabbed a ride on It's a Small World. The song drives me crazy after awhile but you definitely have to go on it at least once every time you go!

Snow White's picture line wasn't TOO long so we jumped in line. While in line we were trying to figure out what her prince's name was. After a little googling on Sarah's phone (or we called Holly?), we found out its Prince Ferdinand!

2110883281_88f1f62dec.jpg

Our last ride for the night was Dumbo... I must have again been like 6 the last time I rode this!

2111000673_45698f6c2f.jpg

2110883887_0baacd408a.jpg

2111778652_6f5c8ab0da.jpg

We called it a night after Dumbo and took our time walking back...since my feet were KILLLLING me! I think they're still recovering!

So overall I definitely enjoyed the Very Merry Christmas Party. Did I think it was worth $50? Probably not but oh well. There were millions of characters wandering around taking pictures which was awesome and NO lines at all for most of the rides. Would I do it again? Possibly! Only time will tell! :)

Yeah - glad you're back with another report. The ride pictures look awesome! I agree, don't know if the $50 is worth it for MVCMCP, but I still find myself doing it every year. Just feel like it's the "christmas-sy" thing to do!:santa:

BTW - don't you think that Abu character is a little creepy looking? Got one with him and my DD this year - scary!:lmao:

You left out, forget it name. maybe a bracket..LOL, at the end of image code, so thought i would fix it and repost it for you

2110993755_e1c3b65d97.jpg

Great updates!!

You got awesome shots a s ususal!!

Love the fireworks pics, they are all so pretty.

I love the shots of you in Dumbo and astro orbiter, action shots a s you call them, w ith the colors swirling around you, it looks psychedelic...too cool:thumbsup2

Funny shot of the Cast members sitting down where no one eas allowed to stand:rotfl:

haha, thanks for the fix trentmom! :) all i have left now is my last day! boooo!

Anytime:)

aww....that stinks..

But you know what you need to do after you finish this report, plan your next trip:rotfl2:

That always help:thumbsup2

SWEET your back!:cool1:

I love all of your pics, the fireworks ones turned out really good! My DH was sick that day so we did MVMCP very, very low key. Only went on a few rides, saw the parade and then the fireworks and that was our night. I told him we missed so much we HAVE to go back!

Can't wait to hear about your last day!

You packed so much fun in to one day! I am excited to try the Yak and Yeti when we get there. Did you see the CS part, too? Your pics of Wishes are awesome! Thanks for the great update!

Great update!! I love all your MVMCP pics. You saw so many characters. We didn't get to see ABu at MNSSHP. Love your Astro Orbitter pic too, since no one has that picture :goodvibes . We are planning on going in November and MVMCP is on our list. We really want to see the snow on main ST and the castle lit up like that. Waiting for more popcorn:: .

So sadly today was our last full day at Disney and the Magic Kingdom. Started off the day the same as always.. headed to the caf for some breakfast: mom had the waffle yet again and I had my last breakfast wrap!

We jumped on line for the bus and waited about 10 mins, the longest we had to wait all week! Still wasn't too bad though. When we walked up to the entrance of the Magic Kingdom, we realized that we never looked for the bricks that our family purchased back in 1994! We attempted looking by ourselves but my mom hadn't seen them in forever and I definitely couldn't remember where they were last time I was there. So a quick call to my dad and the hunt started. It was hilarious. I would have loved to know what people thought when they saw my mom and I wandering in front of the MK, me on the phone, both of us staring down at the ground walking VERYYYY SLOWLY. Luckily dad had pictures of both bricks and gave me the serial numbers for both. He also attempted to give me the general area they were in. "OK...put your back to the kiosk... walk forward about 5 steps...now walk to the right about 4" We FINALLY found both! There was one that my parents and our neighbors bought together and then one that my grandmother bought for the whole family. Luckily both are pretty close to each other, and they're both right in front of the entrance to the MK so we don't have to walk far to see them. Here's the one from my grandmother..

2112259485_84ab913d8f.jpg

After our little hunt, we finally walked into the MK and slowly made our way down Main St to take it all in.

2112262807_b67d1dd458.jpg

2113041898_d1c60e79c9.jpg

We also saw the Main Street Performers again for a little bit..

2113043580_4239bab51b.jpg

Of course, we needed another shot of us in front of the castle...lol

2113044704_a16f21b632.jpg

2112267135_ea3a7a194f.jpg

We planned the same route as usual, starting in Adventureland. I wanted to go check out the Pirate Tutorial again to see if we can catch the 'hot' Jack so we took our time and wandered over there. We possibly caught a ride on Pirates before the show, or browsed the store again..not too sure!

When it was time for the show, we grabbed a spot and soon enough Mack was on his way. It was a different Mack than the first time we saw it, but sadly I think I liked the first one better. There was another mother/daughter duo next to us and I heard the daughter say she hoped it was the hot Jack too. Wonder if she's on the DisBoards? And luckily for us... it WAS! At least we all thought he was the hot Jack... get ready for a ton of pics! haha!

2113151960_a971416b1d.jpg

2112375803_81d2a83349.jpg

2112376071_5007502b82.jpg

2112376433_7766dc8a00.jpg

2112379603_2bffffa195.jpg

After that we headed over to frontierland to wander some more. We had pretty much done all of the rides that we wanted so it wasn't a race to do anything. Plus, since it was Saturday, it was the busiest we had seen all week and some of the lines were way too long to wait to go on some of the attractions a second time.

In frontierland, we found a trio of singing cowboys. I don't remember if they had an actual band name, but they were great. They were just coming out and my mom and I were two of the few people that actually stopped to listen to them! I was pretty surprised. My mom loves a great cowboy so they started talking to us and told my mom to request a song. I think she requested any cowboy christmas song, which I didn't know even existed, but they did! It was cute!

2113162046_fe4187d735.jpg

I loved how all their instruments were decorated for the holidays too!

2113162458_596158e50e.jpg

For some strange reason I started to get a little hungry, so we headed into Peco's Bills to use up our last counter service meal. I was in the bbq mood so I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and mom got the veggie burger. Both were pretty decent!

2112386279_f439919207.jpg

The bbq sauce was a little too sweet but it was still pretty good. Instead of dessert I asked for the grapes. Mom liked her veggie burger and ordered the carrot cake for dessert. Way too much food! It was the first counter service lunch we really used at the MK and we were SOO FULL after! We both honestly ate half of our sandwiches, I ate only a few grapes, mom had a bite of carrot cake, and the rest went to the garbage. Also for the sodas, they gave us the HUGE cups and we had to throw out more than half of the drinks too!

We then walked around a little longer out in Frontierland, tried to go on the Haunted Mansion again but the line was REALLLLY LONG so instead we just found a bench and sat for a little bit. We realized we were both getting tired so we agreed (after a little bickering..lol...we were tired! haha) to head back to the room for a little bit and play the rest of the day by ear.

Back at Pop, I definitely took a little nap while mom napped/watched tv. We then got ready again and headed back into the park around 4:30. We had reservations at Tony's for 4:30 so we headed directly there and were sat right away. Didn't take too many pics of dinner because we pretty much had almost the same thing as last time! We had the spinach dip and fresh mozzarella salad for appetizers. Mom had the eggplant rotini and I had the sirloin this time. It was GOOD!

2112387655_cb3da79bbf.jpg

The potatoes it came with were just ok though. For dessert we had the gelato again and I had the tiramisu, which was just ok.

2113166460_9669318178.jpg

After dinner we headed back up Main St to watch the castle lighting..

2112390479_6eea6dffe1.jpg

2113170070_48a0b02a13.jpg

2112392363_92b8fa7a85.jpg

It then completely dawned on me that we NEVER went to Mickey's Toontown all week! I always forget its there in the corner!

We headed to Minnie's house but it was so packed we didn't really get to see much. Same with Mickey's! They were both cutely decorated for the holidays though!

2113172786_3af973ed56.jpg

The line to judge's tent was ridiculous too, so instead we jumped on the train and rode it completely around the park back to Toontown.

We then meandered back to main st to wait for Spectromagic. There were already people waiting in line a little over an hour before the parade so we were tired and plopped ourselves on the curb too to wait! I've always enjoyed Spectromagic and loved seeing it again!

2113175588_e7f3c43d3b.jpg

2113176326_6fd213bb7f.jpg

2113177270_551da9054e.jpg

2113177854_8acbf9c8a5.jpg

2112400777_a1597ebfa4.jpg

We both really liked it and after the parade was over, we just headed back to the hotel for some sleep!

Short report for the day since we didn't do much! I'll wrap up the trip in a few with breakfast on our last day and then I'll try to post all of the good Photopass pics!

So mom and I took it easy in the morning and took our time getting ready. We finished packing and then brought our bags to the airline check in so we were ready for the trip home.

Jumped on a bus to the MK and then took the monorail to the Polynesian for our Ohana breakfast! We were seated right away and were given the pineapple and cinnamon breads along with the Ohana punch. I loved all of it. Mom wasn't a huge fan. Sadly I didn't take ANY pics of the food this morning! i don't know why! boooo! Our 'cousin' was really sweet and made sure we had everything we needed. The food was REALLY good as well. I loved the potatoes and waffles! YUMMY! I think mom had way too many waffles...haha!

We caught some of the little conga parade and got to say hi to Mickey, Lilo, and Stitch. We didn't get meet with Pluto but that's ok...we saw him at Epcot.

2112598509_d42b824c14.jpg

2113377706_8d9e9cccee.jpg

2112599147_bbb98538bf.jpg

2112599833_c078387938.jpg

2113379080_8738e18f0f.jpg

After breakfast we jumped back on the monorail to check out the Grand Floridian. The gingerbread house was AMAZING!!! We also stopped into the soap store to grab a few souvenirs for friends back home.

2112600683_5f9a120db9.jpg

2113379924_d45da0bdd4.jpg

We walked around the Floridian grounds for a little bit before heading back to Pop to relax by the pool...

2113383956_e711ca9c03.jpg

2113384990_6ae716cc91.jpg

We hung out by the pool for a few hours just sitting at one of the tables and relaxing and then headed out to the front to catch the Magical Express back to the airport. Our flight went well and we were home in no time!

We had an AMAZING time! I still can't believe it's over and done with already! I honestly loved every minute of it! Now I can't wait to go back! My good friend is getting married there in May so I'm already planning! Time to start a new pre-trippie!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

Next post will be some highlights from the Photopass photographers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter