I'm almost ready to make a commitment, but....

lolatuck

Mouseketeer
I could really use some help deciding which resort. My hubby is retired Air Force, so we qualify for the SoG rate at the CR. I originally didn't want to stay there because I didn't feel the decor was my style, but because of the great price had resigned myself to dealing with the loud decorations in order to stay in a deluxe resort that was in the middle of all the magic.

Having looked at photos of the different resorts on lots of different websites I personally am leaning towards POR or CSR. I just like the decor and the atmosphere. However, after reading these boards I am no closer to making a decision. There are many who LOVE these resorts (including the CR) and there are many whos experiences were awful.

So, I am asking the advice of all of you who have stayed at these resorts....What would you do? Would you take advantage of the CR through SoG while you could get the great rate, or would you go with a resort that you think you'd like the atmosphere better even if it costs you a little more? Which resort would you pick? Maybe even one I haven't listed here.

I hope to make my ressies this friday (June 20th), but I keep wavering between resorts. My hubby is no help at all....he is content to just say, "You decide". If he only knew how hard it is to choose between all of Disney's wonderful resorts.

Any advice? It will just be the two of us and my sister. Two rooms. June 2003.

Thanks alot.

Lola

We have stayed at lots of Disney Resorts. I think my fave right now is CSR. However, we really liked CR when we stayed there last month. My opinion is that this deal with CR through SOG is a once in a lifetime opportunity to stay at a deluxe for that price. I say go for CR.

I take everyone's opinion/experience with a grain of salt. Everyone's perspective is different, so something that might "ruin" one person's vacation might not matter to another. I take a look at the pictures, location, prices, etc. and then make my choice. I only use the personal experiences of others as a loose guide. I go with the basic assumption that I will get a clean, comfortable room at whatever resort I choose, and if I don't I will request another one.

My fiance and I had a very similar problem...we are planning our honeymoon for next year under SoG and ended up, after lots of looking and talking to my family members and other people, to just forgo the CR and stay where we really want to stay..who wants to pay cheap and then be miserable, or for out some extra cash for something you think you would love more. :) Good luck!

Thanks everybody! I really appreciate your help. After deliberating long and hard about this problem I have decided to take a chance on the CR. I'm still not sure about the decor there, but I figure that we probably won't spend that much time in the room anyways. I made the reservation today and the CM who took my ressie was very helpful even though I asked a Zillion questions. I was able to get two adjoining rooms since my sister is going with us. And I have been looking forward to eating at Chef Mickey's anyways. Hopefully I'll get our ressie information in the mail soon.

I'm sure that I made the right decision. I'm thankful for all of the help you guys have given me. Sometimes I feel like a Disney Idiot because I ask so many questions, but I figure it's better to feel like an idiot BEFORE I go than to feel like on AFTER I get there, right? I absolutely love the DIS.

If anyone else is going the same time as we are (June 9-14, 2003)it would fun to have a meet and get to know some of you who have been so helpful.

Thanks again.

Lola

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Good choice! I hate contempory decor, myself--but I actually think I would enjoy a stay at CR. It's sort of a fun, bright, Disney theming. The excitement of being at a monorail resort with great restaurant and a great arcade would more than make up for some of the other stuff. Remember, you can always resort hop a bit to absorb some of the other theming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!