• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you've taken a fireworks cruise with small children, do you remember if

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
the boat had life jackets for the kids? I'd like to book (OK, TRY to book) one as a surprise, but our party will have a 5 yr old and a 14 month old baby. Kid-sized / approved life jackets would be a must for us.

BTW, I also posted this on the theme parks board.

Thanks for any help.

PS. Did the kids enjoy the cruise - or do you think it is a waste of money as far as they are concerned?

Yes, it is a requirement for them to go on the boat :)

Our 4 yo liked it, but she got tired by the end, she and the other little girls had a great time talking to the captain, who let them take turns sitting with her on the way there and back.

When you make your reservations they ask how many kids and adults (I can't remember if they ask ages) and they stock the correct life jackets on the boat for that party. What happened with us is I had originally told them 8 adults and 4 kids would be on the cruise. That night it ended up being 6 and 6. So they had to go change two of the life jackets before we left the dock. The kids ages were 6,6,6,4,3,2 and they all loved it. We took earplugs with us, some of the kids used them.

PS: Just make sure the kids go to the bathroom before you leave the dock.:)

Thanks so much for your responses. I feel much better about trying to book this. Good advice about using the bathroom, too! LOL

We just did he one out of the Wilderness Lodge Last Wednesday. DD is 19 month and hers fit fine. So did the ones for DS 8 and my sister 10 also we had on board 3yo brittney, (DIS member JFaulcer's daughter) and ofcourse Jeff and his wife were there also)

All of the kids were fine. We we able to bring DD in the stroller and she actually fell asleep and slept through the whole thing lol

Port Orleans - Riverside 3/2001

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter