If you're flying SW in late August, check your fares again today!

Tara

Bad Influence
Mine went down $15 to $130 out of Albany and today it's down to $119! I honestly cannot remember it ever going down this close to my travel date (27 August).

Tara-keep checking because last week there had a bunch of $94 fares :banana:
It changes every day!

How do I get the cheaper rate if mine went down? I booked and paid for it in May so if the fares were going to go down, how would I go about getting the cheaper fare?

How do I get the cheaper rate if mine went down? I booked and paid for it in May so if the fares were going to go down, how would I go about getting the cheaper fare?

under Tools on southwest.com choose

Change Air Fare

once you put in your confirmation number and name ( bought under ), it will guide you through the process

if there is a credit you will get a Ticketless Travel credit which can be used for future travel for one year from the date you booked it ...in this case May, so it would be good until next May ( date of previous booking )

right now those funds can be used by anyone to help pay for a booking, but in Frebruary 2010 they are going to restrict bookings with those Ticketless fees to the person whose name was on the original booking

I'm jealous. While flights a few days before and after my departure and a few days before and after my return are down, my days and even the days immediately before and after mine just keep going up because they're popular dates in my area. Sigh..... At least I bought at a price I was comfortable with (though the highest I've ever paid).

Tara-keep checking because last week there had a bunch of $94 fares :banana:
It changes every day!

I've checked it every day since April 1st - nothing even approaching $94 for my travel days, unfortunately! In fact, the lowest I've seen lately for anything was the $99 Ding! fare I booked for a June trip.

I almost didn't check today - I figured as close as it is, there was no reason.

under Tools on southwest.com choose

Change Air Fare

once you put in your confirmation number and name ( bought under ), it will guide you through the process

if there is a credit you will get a Ticketless Travel credit which can be used for future travel for one year from the date you booked it ...in this case May, so it would be good until next May ( date of previous booking )

right now those funds can be used by anyone to help pay for a booking, but in Frebruary 2010 they are going to restrict bookings with those Ticketless fees to the person whose name was on the original booking

Thank you!! That seems easy enough.

Thank you for posting! :woohoo: :flower3: I decided to check my Dec. trip from Milwaukee to Orlando and the rates went down. Saved $38 (credit) and the agent on the phone guided me through the change flight process on the computer. :cheer2:

WOW!!! my flights dropped like a rock!! Went down to $79 from Orlando to Manchester NH on Aug 16th!!! I am very very excited!!! Just missed my husbands. It had dropped from 139 to 79 but in the time it took to change it they all disapperared and jumpped back to 163. I will be watching!!

Bug

Thank you for posting! :woohoo: :flower3: I decided to check my Dec. trip from Milwaukee to Orlando and the rates went down. Saved $38 (credit) and the agent on the phone guided me through the change flight process on the computer. :cheer2:

Our Dec flight went down this afternoon...$119 to $79...we now have $80 in credits towards our flight home which we still need to book :goodvibes

I was just coming to post about this too. Last night I checked mine and found my outbound flight from MPLS had dropped from $95 to $79. My return flight had already dropped, so now I have an $81 credit! :cool1:

I had trouble getting the credit though because as soon as I entered my confirmation number to change the flight, it showed a price of about $264 even though searching the other way still showed $79. I called SW customer service and they verified they saw $79 as well, so they had to do it manually. I now have two different confirmation numbers, one for each flight, but at least they were able to make it happen for me! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter