If your favorite resort is the Polynesian, what is your second favorite?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
If your favorite resort that you have stayed at is the Polynesian, what is your second favorite resort you have stayed at and WHY?

We stayed at the Polynesian every trip from the time my DS was 2 until he was nearly 5... It was by far our favorite, then we gave Beach Club a try, mostly due to SAB. We also love being able to walk to Epcot and HS. I have come to love BC more than Poly, but Poly is always a favorite. Poly is so nice with small children! Now that we have DD1 it is definitely a back and forth between Poly and BC every other trip....with a few other resorts thrown in.

Poly is my favorite, GF a close second. But we’ve stayed at the Poly more, and we have an upcoming split with both of them so I’ll see if I still agree . We love the ambience of the MK resorts, with the spread out resort feel. So even though there are obvious theme differences between the Poly and GF, I feel they have a lot of similarities and enjoyed both stays a lot. Even though we love SAB and the ability to walk to 2 parks, and I would stay at the Epcot resorts again without hesitation, my heart is always with the MK resorts.

We've stayed at the Poly and loved it, I think our second favorite has been the Boardwalk. I really enjoy the access to the parks from there, the theming, and the stuff available to you at the Boardwalk itself. I want to try every resort eventually, but that's been our favorite so far.

Last edited:

Grand Floridian. seven seas lagoon, seeing the castle and hearing magic kingdoms boat and train from your resort, beach walkway to the Poly, it is so magical.

Poly was where I stayed as a kid. We started there with our kids, but then bought DVC. Poly will always have a special place in my heart, but the lack of 1 and 2 bedroom units have made GF my next favorite.

Edited to add: I mean 1 and 2 bedroom DVC units.

Wilderness Lodge. Many stays and many happy family memories made there. BUT... we haven't stayed since their massive remodel (destruction) of the quiet pool and all the wilderness. We visited once. We were so sad. I can appreciate how original Poly lovers feel. We never stepped foot in the Poly until after their major reno and we love the (new) lobby.

Why is it Anti Poly?

It was just a tongue in cheek expression referencing the fact they are very different resorts.

One is original Disney - Polynesia, Trader Sams, Adventureland kind of stuff. It gets a TON of foot traffic given it’s monorail location, two very popular restaurants, the luau, MK fireworks viewing, etc. The lobby is busy and vibrant (I don’t share this sentiment, but some feel it’s too busy). It’s a popular spot for families and kids.

YC is, perhaps, more ‘refined.’ That’s a very subjective word of course. It’s generally quieter, all in one building, smaller lobby. To me it has a more adult feel (but also very family friendly as well).

They both provide great park transportation logistics.

BWI or BWV!

The Poly is my favorite Monorail resort hands down.

The BW is my favorite EPCOT resort for sure. I also like the YC, but we like the vibe of BW better and of course now we love the BWV 1BD. We are totally addicted to the space, the full kitchen, laundry and so much space!

1. Polynesian
2. Contemporary
3. Beach Club (It would be second favorite if it were on the monorail and close to MK.)

We have not stayed at the Grand Floridian yet, and I have a feeling that I would love it.

Boardwalk Inn. We had a room overlooking the boardwalk and Crescent Lake. In the evening, we could watch the street performers. The lights across the lake from the Yacht Club were beautiful at night. I loved the carnival ambiance and theming. There are so many cool places to eat on the boardwalk and Epcot is in walking distance. We also stayed at the YC one year, but I felt the theming was a bit boring in comparison to the Poly and BWI. it is all about personal preference though. I think the YC and BC have recently undergone room refurbishments. The BWI May be due soon.

It's a tie between AKL and BC

BC because it is so close to Epcot and HS. Love that I can walk to YC, BW, Swan and Dolphin which really gives you a lot of dining options. The Mandara Spa at Dolphin is also my favorite so it's nice I can walk there too. And Stormalong Bay is such a great pool area.

AKL because it's so stunning - it seems like you are worlds away from everything. The resort offers a lot of activities for kids and adults alike and Boma is my favorite buffet. The pool was under construction when we were there so we didn't get to experience it but it seemed like a good set up and it was nice that Mara was close by.

Poly is currently our favorite, but BC was our favorite for several years, and I think it'll always be "home" for us. That's where we stayed our first family trip and it holds a lot of extra special memories. I think our 2nd favorite now would be a close tie between BC and AKL. Pop is way up there on our list too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter