If you were transported back to your High School days…

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
If you were transported back to your High School days by magic what day would you pick (anytime from the first day of summer of 8th grade graduation to graduation day of High School)? Would you have changed significantly with your life if you were given that opportunity? Would you change something big or small (ex. Not date a certain person, be a better to a friend that you no longer have contact with, asked your first crush to dance if you didn’t before)? Or would you just try to have your family win the lottery by knowing the numbers in advance? Thoughts? I look forward to your responses. Have fun with the thread. :-)

I wouldn't change a thing.
Of course, they didn't do 8th grade graduation in my day.
And there were no Lotteries then either.

I always wondered what would have happened had I made the decision to go to college in New York City for fashion design and illustration. Maybe I'd be a famous designer now. Today me is content that I didn't go, but it took a long time to forgive Kid me for chickening out.

I don’t know. I wish I had gone to college, but my dad was laid off my senior year, so I was the main source of income for the family for about two years until he was employed again (he did odd jobs, but there was a recession and not a lot of real jobs to be had, and mom was my grandmother’s caretaker, so she couldn’t work). By the time he was working steadily, I was on my way up the corporate ladder, so school got left behind.

I would pick the day in high school when I ordered the Chuckwagon Steak on Bun, and choose something different for lunch instead.

It's been 30 years and I still regret that move.

I'd have handled the breakup with my first serious boyfriend better, but other than that, I'd be afraid of changing anything because I rather like where I'm at now and wouldn't want to set off down a different path.

Oh, there is one other regret I'd fix - my brother all but begged me to go to a concert when we were teens because he couldn't drive himself yet. Offered to buy my ticket and pay for parking, which was my standard price as a chauffeur in those days. As the only one in my friend group with a car, I got to see a lot of shows that way! But the time my brother asked was the only time I ever said no to a free concert, just because he was a PITA back then and I wasn't into rap so what did I care about seeing some local guy who called himself Eminem? If I could go back, I'd definitely have gone to that show!

No 8th grade graduation, we had 9th grade moving up ceremony from Junior High. High School started with 10th grade.

I can’t think of anything I’d change. My life was pretty good in high school. I enjoyed those years, had lots of good times with good friends, and cherish the memories.

I wouldn't want to change things, as I'm a huge believer in the butterfly effect. But I wouldn't mind watching for a day. The first one that popped into my head was spring of senior year - a busy day full of play practice and a quiz team match. I'd also love another random Saturday with my mom.

I do not want to go back but I would love to be transported back to see myself. I had good friends and still do after 55 years. I wasn’t ‘popular’ but I guess I was well liked. I didn’t have a high school boyfriend. I should have gone to college but I hated school and studying and became a legal secretary right after school. I eventually Went to work for a consulting firm as a secretary and worked my way up to partner so I did ok anyway. I was kind of wild and was always the one willing to drive to the college town close by, pick up frat boys and drink too much. It was a crazy time. But I have very fond memories and still love to get together with high school friends to rehash them.

I would have to go back to 7th grade. We moved that summer (before 8th) and then quite a bit after that (new schools in 8th gr, 9th gr, 10th gr and 11th gr) so my high school years were all pretty rough. 7th grade was the sweet spot before life got complicated for me and that summer was probably the best time of my life.

I would go back to the day when my family moved in the middle of my junior year. I was convinced my parents had ruined my life taking me from a big suburban school to a small rural one. While I can’t say I have any lifelong ties from that small school, in many ways it changed my life for the better. I was able to be a bigger fish in a small pond, increasing my confidence along the way. So, thanks, mom and dad, for “ruining” my life.

I would have probably skipped that party the night before my SATs. :blush: Probably would have made a difference in where I could go. It was unheard of to do re-takes back then.

I'd go back to spring of Junior year and made my Senior class schedule a lot easier. I'd done all the heavy lifting I needed to in order to get into the college I wanted and didn't need to take certain classes just to take them. I would've had a lot more fun my senior year.

I'd have taken AP Chemistry instead of regular Chemistry in my junior year. I was so bored in the regular class, I'd have done better in the AP.

I would go back to the day when my family moved in the middle of my junior year. I was convinced my parents had ruined my life taking me from a big suburban school to a small rural one. While I can’t say I have any lifelong ties from that small school, in many ways it changed my life for the better. I was able to be a bigger fish in a small pond, increasing my confidence along the way. So, thanks, mom and dad, for “ruining” my life.
It's amazing how often that happens - the things our parents feel most guilty about end up giving us something good (and the opposite as well - things we think are helping our kids end up backfiring).

Graduation Day. I left high school and never looked back. I did well in school but the kids in my class were immature. I probably would have taken Calculus senior year. The only change I would have made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter