If you were there this past week, I am sorry.

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
I am sorry that the children (ages 5 & 6*) travelling with me could not behave nor were they asked to by their parents.

In general, they were praised profusely or rewarded with a treat for every misbehavior.

I am sorry:
If you received rope burn or chain lashing - HA HA aren't they clever with their fascination with everything?

They ran in front of you - they're going to be super athletes one day!

Threw a myriad of tantrums - they're going to rule the world one day! (One fellow monorail rider choked when he heard it)

Threw food or other possessions at you or caused you to trip - look at that arm - NFL baby!

Pushed their carriage into you - It's a two way street, the other people should be paying attention!!

Hit the characters with a light saber - Nobody's going to tell "Joe" what to do! Did you see how strong he is? He's not afraid! (umm, yes and the CM that had to stand with him for the ENTIRE show because he couldn't follow directions, took off the costume, cried and tried to get away. Yeah, he's really brave AND he breaks the rules)

Refused to board the ride or get out of the way - they're sooooo stubborn just like me; can't change it.

Refused to walk on the moving belts - they're enjoying more of the ride.

Touched the artists paints (after being repeatedly warned by the artist) - Aren't they amazing? they're just so naturally CURIous!

Stained your clothing - ha ha ha they're so athletic, they have to climb on everything (including all curbs and benches).

Pushed your child (down to the ground) - They're natural leaders!

Deafened you with their screams for everything from not getting their second bag of cotton candy to not getting their 3rd ice cream of the day (lactose intolerance; only a problem when darling doesn't want to eat dinner).

Ripped YOUR child's pail or shovel from their hand - HA HA HA he get what he wants just like his brother and sister did! (expected behavior of 2; not expected response from mother of 3)

You're the CM that had to tell the highly educated well-employed parents to remove the two LARGE children from the rickety tabletop in EPCOT during Illuminations and deal with the outraged father. So the other 3,000 kids didn't need to see the fireworks IN THE SKY from the tabletop, one 6 1/2 year old shriek of DA DA accompanied by the instant faucet of tears was enough to stop, well, EVERYTHING.

Tried to kill, kick or catch living things- they are so advanced; they are little scientists already.

Took more than of anything offered - you can't fool these kids

Climbed UP the slide - My kids don't like to follow rules; they question everything!

Punched your kid's balloon - Mom tried to stop it; dad thought she was being a *****

You witnessed the snide smirk every time the other adults told them not to do something and they very, very deliberately did it with head cocked while smirking. - We know, understand and appreciate your restraint! The force knows how little we had left when it was over.

*And a wonderful, happy two year old who behaved exactly like a two year old and that we were okay with. 6 is not 2.

Yes, I am a mother and I have traveled with other children - my kids were not perfect; they went at 15 months and 18 months forward. They cried occasionally, had a tantrum once on the trip (and went back to the room if they couldn't pull it together) and sometimes acted out but I am absolutely certain no CM ever had to intervene. THIS was unbelievable.

No, I am not exaggerating. These things actually happened and the responses are as close to exact as I could type them. My fingers are tired but the list could go on and on and on

We took control at the end - knowing we were risking 20 year old friendships - in response, dad chose to rev up the praise and encourage the rule breaking. We are still shell-shocked. We tried. I am sorry. It won't happen again on our time.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Were you there as early as April 23? I think I may have sat in a monorail car with this family.

I'm sorry that's how you had to spend your vacation.

Were you there as early as April 23? I think I may have sat in a monorail car with this family.

I'm sorry that's how you had to spend your vacation.

A few days later! The constant climbing and shimmying down the poles by the 6 year old exclaiming Da Da look at ME!!! aggravated 1/2 the riders, the other kid climbing over everyone's strollers and seats took care of the rest.

You didn't know this about these parents before you traveled with them? I'm so sorry!

In the past, they were on better behavior in front of us. We've spent whole days/nights and one WDW trip a few years ago. They have leaned many ways not to behave since then. The parents are delightful company; they're just not good parents and their kids know every way to exploit it.

Yikes! You deserve a vacation- without the little monsters or their kids

aww now I have to clean the screen. Spit that wine all over it. Yes, yes we do. Must put the annuals and points to good use. We got one hour in EPCOT the night before the invasion.

Honestly I would've told the parents they need to handle their kids a little better or else I would go tour the parks separately from them. I can be a little heartless, but Disney vacations are not cheap, and I am not willing to have someone else (and their kids) ruin it for me in the interest of being polite and not hurting their feelings. If you can't be polite enough to control your kids, I don't have to be polite enough to pretend I want to keep touring with you.

No words...just a hug :grouphug:. (I WILL say I am a former child care worker and I've had to personally deal with this type of behavior in my home...99% of the time ONLY when the parents were present. I had rules and they followed them in my house when parents were gone. Also one of the reasons I took early retirement. :rolleyes1) :tink:

We took control at the end - knowing we were risking 20 year old friendships - in response, dad chose to rev up the praise and encourage the rule breaking.

Oh I'm so sorry.

(I know two kids like this but in their case no one yet has found a way to stop them. They are actually quote terrifying not. They aren't also geniuses. Again, terrifying. But at least in their case people do try! )

Sadly you could be discribing many more families than just the one you went with and parents are so delusional they will read your post and be aghast at the behaviors not realizing their own "adorable" "athletic" "leaders" behaved just as obnoxiously while we all watched and just shook our heads.

Although I must say there were times I did speak up when i believed harm would come to an animal or child.

We have also learned this the hard way at Disney a few years back. Now we only go as our own little family of 4!
So sorry this was your vacation from it all! :(

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter