If You Were A Disney Cast Member..

Born 2 Fish

I'D RATHER BE FISHING.
If You Were A Disney Cast Member and you had to pick out your job,
what job would you pick and why ?

I want to be a Fishing Guide on Bay Lake. And the reason is obvious,,I love to fish,,I love to see folk have fun catching fish and I love to see children catching their first fish or a monster fish. Nothing better than seeing someone catch the biggest bass of their life ,, and on Bay Lake that is very possible.
You get to be outside and also meet people from all over the world.

I want to be the Landscape Designer for FW! Although this is not my true occupation, I sure would enjoy it! :thumbsup2

You want a tropical Kungaloosh Tiki Bar that stays open later than the Tavern? Done! :rotfl:

I want to be the guy who cleans up after the horses at each MK parade, because I don't want to set the bar too high for my next career.

I do parking. Sometimes it's cold, hot or wet. I stand and park cars or I'm on either end of the tram. I love everyone I work with; the bossses are great and most of the guests are great. I think it could be the best job in "The World". Of course I only do it a couple of days a week.... otherwise it could be work.

Unlike the other poster, I would have to aim high. I would want to be Cinderella and dance in the shows, talk to all the guests, and ride on the floats in the parade. princess:

Unlike the other poster, I would have to aim high. I would want to be Cinderella and dance in the shows, talk to all the guests, and ride on the floats in the parade. princess:

The most important thing is the wave - you gotta have that down or you're toast. Start practicing.

I could get the wave down pat. The problem would be being kind to everyone all the time. I would have to go in the back on my breaks and yell, scream and curse!!! :scared1:

I like to be one of the folks on the safety boats that cruises around the lakes or one of the scuba divers at EPCOT.

Hmmm, this is a tough one, so many cool things to do, but like any thing else, I am sure it would just become a job after a while.

So with that being said.....

When we at the fort, I saw a guy riding around in a great big John Deere mowing the sides of the canal. It had a cab and a/c and probably a kicking stereo.

Another cool one, would be the guy that uses the leaf blower at fantasia mini golf to blow the debris off the course.

Another cool one would be the person that runs "push" the garbage can.... that would be cool to mess with people.

When I was young I thought the best job in the world would be to be the conductor on the tram. I think I may actually try for a Jungle cruise job when I retire. The last time I rode it the Captain was clinically depressed and not what I expected. As much as I love the Haunted Mansion I dont think I would like acting somber all of the time. I am now a clinical Psychologist in the cole fields of West Virginia. The idea of being able to be chearfull all day sounds wonderful to me.

Man - I hate it when people start threads on the Camping Board, that really belong on the Community Board. ;)

I want to be the FW boat driver, or sell balloons on Main Street. :yay:

Another great job - the early morning landscape crews that replant everything before everyone is awake. I see them because I am up at the crack of dawn every day. I couldn't talk to them, though. They didn't speak English. But they were done by 9 am.

If I ever worked there, and there's a 99.999999% chance I never will, i'd be the monorail driver. imagine the chicks.

Man - I hate it when people start threads on the Camping Board, that really belong on the Community Board. ;)

Hey, get over it, Rhonda. Balloon monger is a good job, I think. I am always amazed when they manage to pull out the balloon the kid picks out of that mess of strings.

Thank you, Rhonda :thumbsup2

I was a CM for one month at Epcot and worked Mission Space right after the attraction opened. I really disliked it as, guests are not happy all the time. They actually yell at you and, in my case, barfed on my feet. I was "allowed" to go hose off my shoes on company time & get back to my post as soon as I could -wet feet and the remainder of barf on the bottom of my pants. Those shoes were toast on my way out of the CM building that evening & I walked barefoot to my car. I called and quit the next day. Even a life-time free pass could never compensate me for that.

It's very difficult to be all shiny-happy-smiley when someone gets in your face because an attraction made them or their kid sick, or they are not having the "experience of a life-time". All that fun for $.15 over minimum wage. Much to popular belief, working at Disney is not all that easy or fun.

I was a CM for one month at Epcot and worked Mission Space right after the attraction opened. I really disliked it as, guests are not happy all the time. They actually yell at you and, in my case, barfed on my feet. I was "allowed" to go hose off my shoes on company time & get back to my post as soon as I could -wet feet and the remainder of barf on the bottom of my pants. Those shoes were toast on my way out of the CM building that evening & I walked barefoot to my car. I called and quit the next day. Even a life-time free pass could never compensate me for that.

It's very difficult to be all shiny-happy-smiley when someone gets in your face because an attraction made them or their kid sick, or they are not having the "experience of a life-time". All that fun for $.15 over minimum wage. Much to popular belief, working at Disney is not all that easy or fun.

That's precisely why I want to be the horse clean up guy. You're already dealing with crap everyday, so nobody can ruin it. And I have never seen this guy in a parade when he didn't get applause and cheers from the crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter