If you prefer to be near the MK/on monorail, do you go back to the same hotel or try all of them out

The contemporary has never appealed to me, so its been just the GF and the Poly. For me, the best price determines where I go. If it's close, and I plan to open and close the parks, Poly for the best transportation. For more resort time, the GF.

When we want to be near MK (and that's the sole reason we pick that area) we always pick CR because there is nothing closer or more convenient to MK. It's not so much that the resort APPEALS to us but it does have many factors that override that, just as a 10 min walk to MK. And on NYE when we wanted to get back and forth to our room easily, there was no option that was better. I'm thinking we'll end up there for my in process of being planned trip on July 4th too. For the same reason. If we can't walk to CR my 2nd choice is the boat to WL.

When we want to be near MK (and that's the sole reason we pick that area) we always pick CR because there is nothing closer or more convenient to MK. It's not so much that the resort APPEALS to us but it does have many factors that override that, just as a 10 min walk to MK. And on NYE when we wanted to get back and forth to our room easily, there was no option that was better. I'm thinking we'll end up there for my in process of being planned trip on July 4th too. For the same reason. If we can't walk to CR my 2nd choice is the boat to WL.

Wait, wait, wait... I need the monorail to be working then. I’m going to need you to re-schedule. ;)

(I kid, I kid)

We stayed at the Contemporary last time basically because it’s the least expensive of the monorail resorts. We had pretty low expectations. We ended up LOVING the Contemporary. We were upgraded at the last minute to a high tower room. The view of Bay Lake was breathtaking. There is theming, Tomorrowland. We used the quiet pool by the lake and it was relaxing overall. The other pool was too crowded.

DD has wanted to go to the Polynesian for a long time, so that’s our next destination.

We are planning on staying at the Grand Floridian eventually, most likely when she gets married. The cost has kept us away so far.

Our favorite pool in all of Disney World is Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club. I wish it was on the monorail, near MK. If it was, it would be our all-time favorite resort.

I’m not sure what resort on the monorail will end up being our favorite. It remains to be seen.

Wait, wait, wait... I need the monorail to be working then. I’m going to need you to re-schedule. ;)

(I kid, I kid)

I'll make you a deal, I'll stay off the monorail. That should keep it working ;)
We'll be coming down to just do MK and HS, for fireworks and TSL
I did snag some $39 flights out of ATL on Southwest, flying out on the 3rd and home late on the 5th. Can't beat that!

We stayed at the Contemporary last time basically because it’s the least expensive of the monorail resorts. We had pretty low expectations. We ended up LOVING the Contemporary. We were upgraded at the last minute to a high tower room. The view of Bay Lake was breathtaking. There is theming, Tomorrowland. We used the quiet pool by the lake and it was relaxing overall. The other pool was too crowded.

DD has wanted to go to the Polynesian for a long time, so that’s our next destination.

We are planning on staying at the Grand Floridian eventually, most likely when she gets married. The cost has kept us away so far.

Our favorite pool in all of Disney World is Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club. I wish it was on the monorail, near MK. If it was, it would be our all-time favorite resort.

I’m not sure what resort on the monorail will end up being our favorite. It remains to be seen.

See I want to try the Beach Club but I don't know how I will manage so far away from MK. This trip we spent 9 days in WDW and went to MK 5 of our 8 park days. It's just home to me.

Our fav is GF, but like Poly too. Haven’t stayed at CR due to lack of interest. We love WL, haven’t stayed there in awhile so heading there in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter