If you paid for a Minnie Van

FWIW there was an announcement not too long ago that Lyft is now the "Official" partner of DL and DW. Not sure what that means, but a blog post on Lyft's website states, "With this new relationship, Lyft and Disney Parks and Resorts will collaborate in a number of exciting new ways including an enhanced presence at Disney Resorts and an improved Minnie Van user experience through the Lyft app. " (Source)

Lyft might be the way to go, with either using it as a standard ride share or getting a Minnie Van.

XL plus car seat if you want to be exact. Not just regular XL
LOL. It depends on how exact you want to be!
  • If a party needs two child seats, there is only one choice -- MV. Uber doesn't have any vehicles with two child seats.
  • If a party of 5 or more needs only one child seat, then UberXL with child seat is an exact comparison. (FYI, with car seat is regular fare +$8)
  • If a party has 5 or more people and no need for any car seats, UberXL or Lyft XL is the correct comparison.
  • If a party has 4 or fewer people and needs one child seat, UberX with car seat is the correct comparison.
  • If a party has 4 or fewer people and no need for a child seat, UberX or regular Lyft is the correct comparison
It just depends on how fine we want to split the hairs. And then, of course, there are those parties who just want a bigger vehicle for 2-3 people! We could go on and on ad nauseum.

Last edited:
FWIW there was an announcement not too long ago that Lyft is now the "Official" partner of DL and DW. Not sure what that means, but a blog post on Lyft's website states, "With this new relationship, Lyft and Disney Parks and Resorts will collaborate in a number of exciting new ways including an enhanced presence at Disney Resorts and an improved Minnie Van user experience through the Lyft app. " (Source)

Lyft might be the way to go, with either using it as a standard ride share or getting a Minnie Van.
It's hard to know what that means, if anything. It's the duty of the marketing kids to make a big deal out of very little.

My guess is that Disney negotiated a better money deal (for Disney) with Lyft in return for Lyft becoming "official." We'll have to see if it actually makes any difference in the real world for passengers.

The reality is that most drivers (like myself) drive for both companies, so there is little or no difference in the rider experience between companies. The fares and promotions will sometimes vary, so it's a good idea to check both before ordering.

But the ride itself with both companies should be a safe trip from A to B in a clean, well-maintained car with honest pricing and the ability to pay by credit card for half the price of a taxi.

There are markets where Uber is much, much stronger than Lyft, but at WDW, you won't have any trouble getting a ride with either company.

LOL. It depends on how exact you want to be!
  • If a party needs two child seats, there is only one choice -- MV. Uber doesn't have any vehicles with two child seats.
  • If a party of 5 or more needs only one child seat, then UberXL with child seat is an exact comparison. (FYI, with car seat is regular fare +$8)
  • If a party has 5 or more people and no need for any car seats, UberXL or Lyft XL is the correct comparison.
  • If a party has 4 or fewer people and needs one child seat, UberX with car seat is the correct comparison.
  • If a party has 4 or fewer people and no need for a child seat, UberX or regular Lyft is the correct comparison
It just depends on how fine we want to split the hairs. And then, of course, there are those parties who just want a bigger vehicle for 2-3 people! We could go on and on ad nauseum.
For price comparison only it is only a fair comparison to compare as close as you can get to apples to apples by using the car seat choice. Any other choice is different. I wasn't considering what people choose our why. Just the service as close as possible

For price comparison only it is only a fair comparison to compare as close as you can get to apples to apples by using the car seat choice. Any other choice is different. I wasn't considering what people choose our why. Just the service as close as possible
True, it depends on how you look at it. Your example is apples to apples, and is the best if you're comparing prices. My example above was using an "If I don't take MinnieVan, what would I order?" comparison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter