If you know anyone who has had or is thinking about...

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
Getting implants (ladies, you know which ones I'm talking about) have them check here first! WARNING: Not for the faint of heart!

I used to work for a plastic surgeon who specialized in this type of surgery. I wonder if he is still doing it, and what he uses!

And NO! I never had it done, even though I could have had it done for free!:rolleyes:

OMG!!! that is just terrible, I feel so sorry for those women and I just can't imagine doing that to my body! I hope that this site will discourage women from getting this most unnecessary surgery:(

I haven't gotten implants, but I can say that they've been a godsend to women who have undergone mastectomies. MTV and VH1 had specials on this - implants, reductions, and medical complications - and they mention that site. Blondie, do you watch MTV? :D :D :D

Omigosh! Those photos are horrifying!

They sure don't look like the girls on Cinemax late at night.

I do agree danacara, my aunt had a breast removed and subsequently had an implant to replace it. In her case I don't feel the surgery was unnecessary, women who have undergone mastectomies truly benefit from the reconstructive surgery that follows. It did wonders for my aunts self esteem and mental well-being, she always felt as though she had an appendage removed, she said it was as though she was not a "whole woman" anymore.

The implants of years gone by were made of Silicone. I believe the implants used today are saline filled. BIG DIFFERENCE!

One of the MD's in the practice I worked for also did Silicone injections in certain areas of the face. I remembered he had it shipped to him from some South American country because at the time, it wasn't FDA approved for use in those areas and he couldn't get it in the USA. His patients had to sign a a disclosure that said they wouldn't sue him. If you investigate that site further, you'll see other Silicone horrors.

Danacara yes, I occaisonally watch MTV, but I prefer VH1 Classic! I read about this site in a magazine.

Dana makes a very good point.

DH has friend from high school who was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 35. She was voted best looking girl in their senior class, and having a full mastectomy at this relatively young age was a terrible trauma for her to have to deal with in addition to the very real fear for her life. Implants have been a godsend to her!

And on a happy note, she is now in her 4th cancer free year, and is pregnant with twins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter