If you have Comcast for your landline, how do you like it?

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
We're considering the using Comcast for our land line. If you have it, how do you like it? Is it reliable? How is the clarity? TIA

Our comcast line is clear & we've had no problems. Only problem is when the power is out, so is the phone. Our landline previously still worked without power since we had one plugged directly into the outlet.

Ours has been spotty today, and was also spotty one day last week. Spotty meaning I can take one call, hang up the phone, and not have a dial tone and 30 minutes later we are back in business. It's odd and annoying. We have Comcast for internet, phone and cable, and if one is out, another usually accompanies it. Last week we had no cable or phone, but the internet was fine. Today - cable, but not phone or internet. Usually the clarity is great though.

We did have problems initially (but that was b/c of our connection coming into the house which it took 4 or 5 service calls to diagnose). If you do have trouble, just keep harassing them. If you find a service guy you like, ask for his contractor number so you can request him in case other issues arise.

We'd had ours for several months with no problems -- but I should say we rarely use it. Our modem/phone box came with a battery pack that is supposed to keep the phone up and running if the power goes out. We haven't tested it out yet.

I would definitely recommend it, especially if it saves you money!!

HATE IT!!!!!

We constantly have dropped calls, or there is no dial tone at all. Usually coincides with the internet going out, too. Where I live (far, far suburb of Chicago) Comcast has many problems keeping service connected.

That said, it is so much cheaper for me to have Comcast for internet/phone/TV, than to only have it for internet and TV. Odd, isn't it? I am saving over $100 per month bundled this way, than with my phone being with another company and only bundling two items with Comcast.

For now, saving $100 still beats out losing calls, but not by much! :(

Have had Comcast for our house land line for the last 5 years. We have never had a problem up until about 2-3 months ago. For some reason I had a few phone calls that I placed here and there where the people were complaining it was static-y. I've had to hang up and call from my cell phone where there was better reception. :confused3

I've only ever had one call drop in about three years - and really, I think it was the other person's cell phone.

We have our cable, internet and phone bundled and live it. We have not have had any problems with phone reception. One feature we love is if we are watching tv when the phone rings, the caller ID feature displays on the tv so we don't have to rush to any calls we don't want to take!:) I also signed up for a free service that will send any voice mail messages in a text message to my cell phone. I really like this feature.

We've had it for at least 7 years and haven't had any trouble with the service or call clarity.

Okay, so maybe it's not that bad?:confused3 We have Comcast for internet, cable and phone. I HATE the phone service. My calls get dropped probably 40% of the time..it may be higher for longer calls/conversations. Voices over top mine, loud static and beeping noises...sometimes only I can hear it, and other times the other person can hear it too. I would switch back to Verizon but it's a much better deal for me to bundle.(Verizon does not run internet out here) So, I just suck it up and redial.:rolleyes2

I also do like the callers name being flashed on the screen of the tv...that is a big plus. Plus, it's easy to block a number using the voice center. It's not all bad.

I live in southern Chester County, and we haven't had any issues with the phones at all. We're currently considering switching to Verizon FIOS because it's cheaper*. (Haven't checked on Verizon's service track record yet...)

*ETA - it's the cable portion that's the most expensive, not the phone. As a PP said, they price the bundles so that it doesn't make sense NOT to have all three (cable, internet & phone) with the same company.

We have Comcast and have never had any problems. I must say we don't use the landline all that much just evenings and weekends when our parents call. Pretty much everyone else calls our cells.

We have the phone, internet and cable bundle and love it. No dropped calls at all and the calls are very clear. Much clearer than when I had Verizon.

We're considering the using Comcast for our land line. If you have it, how do you like it? Is it reliable? How is the clarity? TIA

I really think it depends on the area. We originally had Verizon fios and loved it and never had a problem. Then our bunder was up and it was very high. Comcast came in and offered us $100 less month fr the same stuff. We took it however since day one we have had problems with all the services.

My phone goes out a lot and so does my wifi. I really can't wait to switch after my contract is up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter