If you had unlimited funds : )

TheLorax

Earning My Ears
If money was no object where would you go even if it's not with Mickey. For me It would be the longest Mediterranean cruise available .

If money was no object where would you go even if it's not with Mickey. For me It would be the longest Mediterranean cruise available .
Back in the day (when I was younger), my ultimate trip was a round the world cruise. Now, I had never cruised in my life (never did until 11 years ago), but since starting, we've found we prefer long cruises. Longest to date (single cruise) - 29 night Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. Longest cruise (B2B) 14 night Bucharest to Budapest/14 night Budapest to Cologne river cruise.

On the DVC Member Cruise I sat with a woman who is doing 91 days on an “Almost Round the world cruise” on Princess.

I like the idea of an All Mediterranean cruise. I have done Greece, but there’s so much more, Israel, Egypt, Morocco!

I'd do the National Geographic trip to the Galapagos.

I would also be interested in a port heavy itinerary hitting lots of the Southern & Eastern Caribbean islands.

For Europe I would prefer land trips staying at airbnbs or similar and exploring areas in more depth than I could get from a cruise.

I don't think I could be like Super Mario and spend my life aboard cruise ships. But I'd probably go port heavy around Australia and the South Pacific, since that's on my bucket list.

A cruise from Texas to Europe, cruising around and through (river cruise transfer) Europe for several weeks, then cruising back to Texas, would be ideal. No idea why DCL doesn't offer this as a package yet.

But seriously, I'd really enjoy a Panama Canal cruise. I can't do those now due to my work schedule, but with unlimited funds I wouldn't have to work, so...

An extended Alaskan or Caribbean cruise would also appeal to me if it's via DCL. We like the ship more than the ports, so just a long DCL cruise anywhere would be great.

Last edited:
A cruise from Texas to Europe, cruising around Europe, then cruising back to Texas, would be ideal. No idea why DCL doesn't offer this one yet.
Since DCL, as well as other cruise lines, seems to be shortening their transAtlantic cruises (our first one was 14 nights, now they're shorter), I don't think a Texas TransAtlantic would be something they'd be looking into doing. Especially as a round trip.

On the DVC Member Cruise I sat with a woman who is doing 91 days on an “Almost Round the world cruise” on Princess.

I like the idea of an All Mediterranean cruise. I have done Greece, but there’s so much more, Israel, Egypt, Morocco!

Wonder how much that would cost for two

Since DCL, as well as other cruise lines, seems to be shortening their transAtlantic cruises (our first one was 14 nights, now they're shorter), I don't think a Texas TransAtlantic would be something they'd be looking into doing. Especially as a round trip.
I think you missed the gentle sarcasm in my post.

When I was in grade school, friends of my parents went on an around the world cruise on the QE2. Paid first-class (tux every evening for dinner). Paid a fortune for the trip. Worst trip in their life (and believe me they had the money and did several over the top trips). QE2 just came out of the dry dock in England. They got on in NYC along with plumbers, mechanics, electricians, etc. Toilets didn't work, the kitchen would be down, power fluctuating, just awful alllllllll the way around the world. They got off in England and flew home.
So for me, I want to do the WBPC and stay on board to Hawaii then to Vancouver and north to Alaska (with a few of the Mex Rivera thrown in).

I've always wanted to see the Nascan Lines. Well, ever since I was about 10 and read a Nancy Drew where the mystery took her to Peru. I would also love to see the pyramids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter