If you had to choose....

New To Mom

Mouseketeer
would you rather have breakfast at Tusker house pre rope drop at Animal Kingdom or breakfast at Akershus in Epcot pre rope drop?

I think we can only do 1 and I've heard good things about both. I like the idea of having breakfast with the princesses at Akershus but that means no Tusker House based on our other choices for other meals based on the ddp. We are taking our 5 yr old son and his not impressed with the idea of eating with the princesses. In fact, he told me I could eat alone and him and Daddy will go eat somewhere else. :rotfl:

Tusker Breakfast...here's why.

1) The boy doesn't want the princesses

2) It puts you out in the middle of the Animal Kingdom, close to attractions that are popular and open at rope drop. Akershus is back in World Showcase, and you still have to walk back into the front part of Epcot to do any of the activities that are open at rope drop.

3) Loved the food at both, but think that there are better options at Tusker House for Breakfast.

Yep. What Dis Dreamin said ^^

Akershus is good, we like it and have been there several times, but Tusker House is our favorite character meal on preoperty hands down.:thumbsup2

My son wouldn't have wanted to be with the princesses either!

We've always enjoyed Tusker House Character breakfast, the food is fresh and varied and Daisy is there, so everyone is represented. The interaction with the characters I think is better than most! It's fun!

Or split the breakfasts and everyone get Mommy/Daddy alone time!

Tusker it is!

Do you think it would be best to do Tusker pre rope drop and then try to rush to the safari ride? Or try and be the first to the safari and then do breakfast?

Tusker it is!

Do you think it would be best to do Tusker pre rope drop and then try to rush to the safari ride? Or try and be the first to the safari and then do breakfast?
This is what we do, 8:15 reservations, check in, eat, have a great time and by the time you get out, the safari is there, generally no wait because most people haven't hit the park yet! Get out of the safari and do the Kahli Rapids or get a FP to return later!

If it's an am EMH opening, check in , get FP for the safari, come back and wait to be seated. If when you get out, you don't need the FP, it's still good!

Tusker it is!

Sometimes depending on our res time, DH will do a quick FP run to the safari if rope drop happens while we are eating. It's no problem to run out for a few minutes and the safari is quite close.

BEASLYBOO said:
My son wouldn't have wanted to be with the princesses either!

We've always enjoyed Tusker House Character breakfast, the food is fresh and varied and Daisy is there, so everyone is represented. The interaction with the characters I think is better than most! It's fun!

Or split the breakfasts and everyone get Mommy/Daddy alone time!

Exactly;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter