If you don't mind my asking - How much did you pay for your Disney Cruise?

Evelyn

Earning My Ears
I am trying to figure out if a cruise/DW visit is in the financial picture for us. If I ask for a quote from Dreams Unlimited I know I will get a quick response, however, that response probably wouldn't include any discounts that may or may not be available for the time of year we wish to go - Nov. or early Dec. I guess I am just looking for an approximate amount to even see if I am even close in my savings. We are not necessarily set on Nov. or Dec - just whenever the discounts as well as the weather might be good. Any Canadians out there do the land and sea package? If so, who did you book with. Any help at all will be most appreciated. Thanks.

I'm sure others will be able to help you more but I just thought I'd point out that as far as "land & sea packages", it's usually cheaper to book them individually on your own (that's what I'm doing). Did you check Mousesavers for cruise (& other) prices. They seem to post great specials.

Good luck.

Evelyn,

I booked our cruise last April for a January land/sea package. Unfortunately, I booked thru disney not knowing any better. Found these boards after the fact. I did however, get a $2200 early booking discount which helped considering I have to pay for 2 adults. I used a TA in my area to keep track of everything.

Do not book your air thru Disney as they do not use direct flights.

My next trip, yes guys, I have convinced DD to try cruisin' again! YIPEE! I am gonna do some research and probably use CAA due to the fact that AMEX is no longer the official card of the world! And since VISA seems to want to exclude us canucks, sorry, sore subject.

You can pm for specifics.

Price is determined according to what category, time of year, how many in your party, etc. etc. etc.

We were in a "secret porthole" stateroom which you can check out on Barb's site. There are also the obstructed verrandahs now, which can also be checked on her site.

We also used Disney Transfers which were ok but I found that you get to the port too late and miss out on a lot.

Hope this helps somewhat, but be prepared! It will be a shock! You can check out Disney's site just to give you some idea of what the cost is. And if this is your first time, you can get a first time cruiser discount using code "REF" or if you are a Disney Club member you can also get a credit.

Happy Sailing

Scratch
:smooth:

I booked our October 2003 cruise in April 2002. We booked with Dreams Unlimited. It was the same price as the Disney web site said but DU is giving us a rebate so it is slightly cheaper. Also the earlier you book the better b/c the price of our cruise has gone up $200 and I expect that it will go up further. The DU price is in US dollars also.

Cdnmickeylover

I'm taking a 7 day western cruise on Jan.17/03. My price is 1136.00 per person, plus 294.03 for port fees and taxes. Total 1430.03 each. (my ds pays adult as there is only 2 of us). This price is in Cdn dollars and does not include transfers or air. We are probably getting a town car and will fly out of BUF to save money. I estimate $4500 for entire trip incl spending money.

As previously posted don't take Disney air or their insurance you can do better elsewhere. Also if you are near a US city you'll save a bundle on air.

The land/sea package is almost exactly the same price as 7 day cruise for comparison but as also mentioned previously you can piece that together yourself as well for less.

When thinking of cruise budget remember all meals and on board entertainment is included. This can be a substantial savings compared to 7 days in WDW. Some people take excursions which cost extra.

After 3 cruises (other lines) I have never paid for a shore excursion and had wonderful visits on every island I've ever visited. So you can control how much extra you spend.

Be careful....once you've cruised once its almost impossible not to do it again!

We did our first cruise in January 2002. We booked in October 2001 when nobody was booking vacations and we got a great deal. Cat 11 for 2 adults was $1285 US minus $50 discount for booking with Dreams.

We wanted to do the Western this October but for the same Cat 11, it was $1985 US so we decided to cruise with another cruise line. We booked the RCCL Explorer, verandah cabin for $1500 US!! We are still going to the western Caribbean but with our own private balcony and for over $700 CDN less!!

P.S. NEVER book a package!!! You can almost always get it cheaper by booking it separately!

ok,im really new at the whole disney thing,but i have taken alot of cruises,please dont think im trying to worry you,but sep-nov is the hurricane season for the caribbean,if you can go in aug,or dec,you may want to look into those months. i have taken 2 cruises in nov,and the weather was great both times,i just wanted to let you know that the weather may play a factor though.no matter what you will luv seening how blue and clear the water is,and bring plenty of sunscreen,dont wanna see anyone unhappy about being sunburned.

We went on a 7-day in Oct 2001. We spent $3500 Canadian on the cruise (flights, transfers and taxes) for a Cat 9. We then added on 3 days at POR for $1500 including UPH. We could have probably done it cheaper ourselves for the land portion but I liked the fact my TA was taking care of everything as I had a wedding to plan. I booked through a TA who handles only cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter