If you could design the next Disney Hotel???

travelgoddess

DIS Veteran
Which theme would you go with?

I would go with Disney's Haunted Mansion Resort,
Since the HM is my Favorite, and I really get into Spook Houses
and Halloween. Think of all they could do with it.

I have thought about this often..... I think they should do a moderate resort spread out like Coronado Springs with three distinct sides (much like the Casitas vs. Cabanas vs. Ranchos at CSR or the Mansions vs. Alligator Bayou at POR). Each area would have its own pool, roughly the size of the smaller pools at the All stars (like the Aerial piano pool at the Music and the Goofy pool at the Sports). The main building would have a sit down restaurant, a food court, and a main pool.

One side would be Agrabah from Aladdin, with mosques, etc. The second area would be designed like a Greek Isle, with columned buildings and statues of Hercules and company. The third area would be Indian themed with buildings like the Taj Mahal (ala the Jungle Book). Each area's pool could feature characters from movies, perhaps staues of Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Abu, etc. with Genie shooting water at the Middle Eastern area pool. The Jungle book pool could have Balou floating with Mowgli on his tummy in the middle. The Herc pool could have Posiden shooting water out of his trident.

The main pool and building could feature characters from all three movies. The slide at the main pool could certainly have a Mt. Olympus theme with three seperate slides. One would have Herc and Pegasus at the top overlooking the slide, the second would have Aladdin and Jasmine riding carpet at the top overlooking the slide, and the third would have Balou and King Louie "pushing" you into the slide. Characters could be featured on the way down.

The restaurant could feature Middle Eastern, Greek, and Indian food. The food court could be designed like a market place ( similar to Old Port Royale at CBR).

With the popularity of Aladdin, Herc, and now Jungle cubs reviving the Jungle Book characters on Toon Disney and ABC Saturday mornings this resort would be very popular.

I would want a "Epcot Showcase" resort.

Like each building would be designed as a different country. Example: the UK building would be in the shape of Buckingham Palace, ect.

I think Disney should focus on some of the classic films and film settings.

For Example, I would love to see Disney's Neverland Resort, themed around Peter Pan and the concept of "never growing up". They could really do a lot with that in terms of pool design, grounds, rooms, etc. They could offer a character breakfast with PP characters.
I liked the idea above with Aladdin, Hercules, and Jungle Book. And I love the HM idea!

One other I would love to see is Disney's 100 Acre Wood. With little cottage type buildings and a Pool with a slide where you slide through a tree. The lobby would look like you are in a garden or something. It would be very pretty.

They could really do a lot of new things. They have not even come close to using all the available "Disney-type" ideas.

I am going to keep thinking on this one.
Kamy :)

I'd add a Japanese themed resort that was a hybrid of a moderate and deluxe (AKL/WL type of place). It would have Japanese style bathrooms with a furo (not the traditional Japanese toilet though...), a Japanese restaurant (not run-of-the-mill Teppanyaki either!), and the rooms would be a combo of Japanese style and American style (tatmi and futon v. bed), you would choose when booking.

I'd reserve an entire floor as adults only.

Anne

I'd also like to see the "Neverland Resort". The resort could become Disney's flagship, and have monorail access and rooms overlooking Cinderella's Castle (on that piece of land between the Contemporary and the Polynesian/TTC). They could have oversized rooms (500 square foot) with 2 queens and queen sleeper, as well as an assortment of Junior, 1BR, 2BR, and 3BR (with connection options to as many as 10BR) suites. Throw in a good concierge level, and you have the perfect "Disney" themed hotel.

:)

Hmmmmm, You don't suppose that a Dinotopia resort could be in the mix someplace. Maybe near AK. With the series coming up this fall I could see that happening, but only if the series does well.

Of course with Pop Century partially completed who knows.

I would have to go with a Bed and Breakfast type of resort at the World Showcase. Maybe, 50 rooms per Inn. Small grotto type pools in Italy and Morroco. That type of thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter