If you could choose one table service meal what would it be? (New to DLR)

Just a heads up. At Lamplight Lounge, they don't take table requests. You get seated where they want to put you. They will NOT take requests to move to a different table if you dont like where they seat you, even if it is in direct sun. You can get an amazing seat here or a terrible one, and it's just a roll of the dice. To my knowledge, this is the only restaurant at DLR like this.

What a great thread!! And I happily tag along ;) as I am undecided if I should drop either my Lamplight Lounge dinner reservation or my Carthay Circle Alfresco Dining reservation. The menus are quite different but both look great. I don’t know any of the DLR restaurants that’s why I am grateful for all the reviews and opinions :)
Btw I would request an outside table at Lamplight Lounge but I am wondering if it’s very noisy due to the incredicoaster (I don’t mind hearing the sound of the coaster but I don’t necessarily need to hear that voice every 30 seconds :teeth:).

I booked the trip 3 weeks ago and was able to snag multiple reservations. They dropped tons of Oga‘s and Lamplights last night (which was 6:30 am in Germany :o) so I would just keep checking :)
One thing to consider at Carthay Circle: The bar serves a Scotch Mist, which was Walt Disney's drink of choice. I had one there, and it fits in with the ambiance of the place.

Just a heads up. At Lamplight Lounge, they don't take table requests. You get seated where they want to put you. They will NOT take requests to move to a different table if you dont like where they seat you, even if it is in direct sun. You can get an amazing seat here or a terrible one, and it's just a roll of the dice. To my knowledge, this is the only restaurant at DLR like this.
Thanks for the heads up as I would have been quite surprised…and a little disappointed to find out once I am there.

One thing to consider at Carthay Circle: The bar serves a Scotch Mist, which was Walt Disney's drink of choice. I had one there, and it fits in with the ambiance of the place.

That sounds wonderful :) and thanks for the picture! I am currently leaning more towards Carthay ;)

Thanks for the heads up as I would have been quite surprised…and a little disappointed to find out once I am there.

That sounds wonderful :) and thanks for the picture! I am currently leaning more towards Carthay ;)
I'm sure you've seen the menus for both places, so you are aware that Cathay Circle is quite a bit more spendy than Lamplight? For two, you'll approach $200 real quick, especially if you get a bottle of Fess Parker's wine.

Catal is our favorite and I’m really sad that it’s closing. Along with Uva
What's replacing them? Is this the new dumpling restaurant location?
Another one for ambience is Jazz Kitchen… and again they are revamping it next year
And again, what are they doing to it? Is it going away?? It's my favorite DTD restaurant!!

I like things about almost all of the restaurants with a few exceptions, which I'll try and mention. .

I love Blue Bayou. Honestly, I don't really go there for the food, but I do enjoy it. Is it as good as it used to be? No, but what is?

Love Carthay. It's a beautiful restaurant and has great food. Sometimes I like the smaller menu, like you get at the bar, and sometimes I like the full upstairs experience.

Jazz Kitchen is one of my very favorite places. Sad to hear it's changing but I don't know anything about that.

Love Ballast Point. I've always had a good experience there.

Used to be a big fan of Carnation Cafe. Sad to say I haven't had a good experience there since they reopened other than the fact that the servers have all been super nice.

Same with La Brea. Wow, that place is a shadow of its former self. Nice place to have coffee but the menu...! All of my favorites disappeared.

I'm ok on Lamplight but it's way down on my list. Don't get the raves about the lobster nachos and I find the service often not very friendly. I have had some fun drinks and good times, but I myself tend to be ignored unless I'm with a party that includes men or more outgoing types

Never cared for Flo's. It's not my kind of food. Nothing against it, just that I don't care for that kind of "down home" stuff.

I like Naples, but find it spendy for what you get. Went with my daughter when she turned 21. We got a pizza (small or med, don't recall) and a drink each. It was over $100 including tip. It's not like the atmosphere was super special, but we did have a nice time and our pizza was good but very far from the best I've ever had. This was at lunch time.

I've never tried Black Tap, Tortilla Jo's, or Catal. I used to like Rainforest and am sorry it's gone because my kids loved it and they had a good variety.

What a great thread!! And I happily tag along ;) as I am undecided if I should drop either my Lamplight Lounge dinner reservation or my Carthay Circle Alfresco Dining reservation. The menus are quite different but both look great. I don’t know any of the DLR restaurants that’s why I am grateful for all the reviews and opinions :)
Btw I would request an outside table at Lamplight Lounge but I am wondering if it’s very noisy due to the incredicoaster (I don’t mind hearing the sound of the coaster but I don’t necessarily need to hear that voice every 30 seconds :teeth:).

I booked the trip 3 weeks ago and was able to snag multiple reservations. They dropped tons of Oga‘s and Lamplights last night (which was 6:30 am in Germany :o) so I would just keep checking :)
We didn’t find the incredicoaster to be loud. We didn’t request a seat but we were seated outside.

OMG. I HATE that new concept for JK!!!!! Why, just why would you "California-ize" a New Orleans restaurant??? Like we don't have enough "California energy" in California?

Yeah, I am baffled by it. It completely ruins what we love about Jazz Kitchen, and I dare say whatever the menu refresh is will probably be a disappointment too. Some changes coming to DTD are good (Din Tai Fung), but some are just.......... WHY?

I think we’ve been lucky since we always request an outside table, and so far have always gotten one. Last month, they seated us at one of those tables with a fireplace (it was off) in the middle, and my 3yo immediately started grabbing handfuls of the fire glass. We asked to be moved and they were initially going to move us to a table on the side away from the Incredicoaster, but we asked to be seated in the middle section by the bar since we prefer that view and they accommodated us.

Did you try the alert sites? I've had GREAT success using them.
I have too. Got Trader Sam's last night and Fantasmic dining package I missed before that.
OMG. I HATE that new concept for JK!!!!! Why, just why would you "California-ize" a New Orleans restaurant??? Like we don't have enough "California energy" in California?
It's pretty ridiculous. Brennan's and beignets are quintessential New Orleans.

I think we’ve been lucky since we always request an outside table, and so far have always gotten one. Last month, they seated us at one of those tables with a fireplace (it was off) in the middle, and my 3yo immediately started grabbing handfuls of the fire glass. We asked to be moved and they were initially going to move us to a table on the side away from the Incredicoaster, but we asked to be seated in the middle section by the bar since we prefer that view and they accommodated us.

You got really lucky. Although the handsy 3 year old might have been a factor.

We were at the same type of table with our 2 yo. They got us a high chair. Then we couldn’t reach him well and he took his shirt off. 🤣 There were a lot of open tables. Who puts a baby at a fire pit? Common sense is lacking. 😅

I really don’t get why they ever put families with young kids at those tables, especially when there are regular tables available… I don’t love how low the chairs are either since it’s not a regular table, and it’s hard for the kids to reach their food. Definitely try asking to move next time! I think they could see how bad it would be if we didn’t move considering how fast my 3yo went for the glass. My 6yo will listen pretty well, but the 3yo is another story, and I’m sure the 1yo would’ve copied her if we weren’t holding him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter