If you could choose one table service meal what would it be? (New to DLR)

There’s nothing so stunning as far as sit down that it would make or break my trip IMO. I’d rather trade it for 2 counter service in the parks.

On our recent trip my faves were storyteller brunch ($500 for 7 adults 2 kids) and Ballast Point.

Lamplight was a terrible value and I didn’t enjoy the food. It *is* hard to answer this question since it’s so subjective! It seems to be a favorite of so many.

I agree with pp that tortilla joes taqueria is yuck.

I will not return to Flo’s (counter service)- I say that every trip. 🤣

I love Wine Country Tratorria, probably my #1 pick every trip. We love to have a relaxing lunch on the patio after a hectic morning hitting the rides. Had a great meal there a couple of days ago. The chicken Parmesan was outstanding. I do miss the bread they used to serve.

We enjoyed Cathay Circle Lounge, the food and service were both great, and the atmosphere super chill. Portions were definitely on the small side, so careful what you order.

Of course in terms of atmosphere, Blue Bayou can't be beat. I do agree that the food quality has gone downhill in recent years.

We've never had a bad experience at Cafe Orleans and it's our go-to when we can't get a reservation at BB.

#1 - Napa Rose, service is amazing and quality of food is on par with a high end OC restaurant. Recommend: Becca, Mickey and Michael - Servers. Ryland and Joe - Bartenders.
#2 - Carthay Circle Lounge - The last time I was there was with friends in March...we had OUTSTANDING service and sat outside with all the characters coming and going in front of us. Delicious food and wine. Wish I could remember our servers name. Amazing.
#3 - Craftsman Bar - If you're w/o kids, no joke...sit at the bar. Lizette and Erick will make great recommendations on the menu, serve up delicious handmade cocktails, all while you are enjoying the CA sun-poolside while away from the Park crowds at GCH.

Edited to add: I've said details in other threads about these restaurants. These 3 restaurants we will avoid until they significantly improve the quality of the food and honestly the service...ugh...icky....Lamplight, Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou.

Steakhouse 55 was our favorite brunch spot. So sad that it’s gone. I like Lamplight Lounge for brunch but eh on dinner. Fun drinks but it’s a gastropub of burgers/wings/nachos. It’s good. I’m just not in the mood for it.

Catal is our favorite and I’m really sad that it’s closing. Along with Uva

Carthay Circle restaurant has been a consistently great experience in service and food. The outdoor lounge is nice but it’s small bites. Outdoor dining loses the vibe that I love so much at the restaurant.

Not really a fan of the buffets / character meals. Even though they are so popular. Blue Bayou and Wine Country Trattoria have not been my favorites BUT our recent experience, we have been pleasantly surprised.

Another one for ambience is Jazz Kitchen… and again they are revamping it next year. So unfortunate. Just like Blue Bayou, we go for the ambience. Food is secondary. (You can easily get their beignets at the express counter)

Sometimes I feel like we are the cheese that stands alone on WCT! We've always had great experiences there. My mom doesn't even like Italian food, but she likes going there for the ribeye (it's very flavorful!).
What is WCT? (Forgive me)
Would you please link your other thread on best quick service options. I can't find it. Thanks!!
i will try! I am the worst millennial with technology, plus one time I tried to link and it didn’t work.

This info is so helpful as we put the finishing touches on our early June trip plans. This is our first DL trip and our first time staying "outside the bubble." I booked the trip less than 60 days out and was unable to secure the preferred TS restaurants. So now I'm looking at good off-site options for a sit-down meal.

Did you try the alert sites? I've had GREAT success using them.

Club 33

Disneyland
not really table services or reservations required, but Plaza Inn. IMO best restaurant in DL for the chicken plate alone
Reservations wise probably the Blue Bayou for theming and food is not bad, Café Orleans for lunch, Carnation for breakfast.

Disney California Adventure
Lamplight Lounge. Hidden gem here is the Brunch (Fri, Sat, Sun), but dinner is also great. Only bad thing is that it is pricey.

DTD
Jazz Kitchen
Don't really need reservations but I like the Uva Bar and Cafe, especially for lunch.

Hotels
GCH - Napa Rose
DLH - Trader Sams

What a great thread!! And I happily tag along ;) as I am undecided if I should drop either my Lamplight Lounge dinner reservation or my Carthay Circle Alfresco Dining reservation. The menus are quite different but both look great. I don’t know any of the DLR restaurants that’s why I am grateful for all the reviews and opinions :)
Btw I would request an outside table at Lamplight Lounge but I am wondering if it’s very noisy due to the incredicoaster (I don’t mind hearing the sound of the coaster but I don’t necessarily need to hear that voice every 30 seconds :teeth:).

I booked the trip 3 weeks ago and was able to snag multiple reservations. They dropped tons of Oga‘s and Lamplights last night (which was 6:30 am in Germany :o) so I would just keep checking :)

I personally like Cafe Orleans . You get refills on mint juleps, truffle fries ,a meatless monte cristo , and beignets that are nut free for my son ( can’t guarantee that next door at the mint julep bar ) . Super delicious and a nice break in the day !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter