• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

If you carry your ipad with you everywhere you go- purse recommendations?

DawnM

DIS Veteran
Do you have a special purse or carry all you use? I really don't want to carry an additional bag.....just a purse with the ipad and my other items. I don't carry all that much anyway.....wallet, keys, compact, lipstick, and maybe an occasional item or two as necessary.

Thanks,

Dawn

I have the " organizing shoulder bag" from Thirty One that fits the I-Pad with it's case perfectly. There are several pockets and zippered pockets in it to carry other items. I searched for a bag for several weeks before finding this one. I think it is perfect and very cute!

Can you tell me what sort of case you have for it besides the purse? I want it well protected!

Thank you!,

Dawn

I use the VB "tote" and it fits tons of stuff including my iPad in it's case. I bought a really nice leather case on ebay that I love. It has the folding cover that makes it stand up like a picture frame if I want to watch a movie. It opens like a book. I also bought a sleeve that can go over the whle thing for travel.

I have a Belkin leather case that I picked up at Target 75% off for $15. It seems to work well. I find the iPad is more hardy than I originally thought.

Can you tell me what sort of case you have for it besides the purse? I want it well protected!

Thank you!,

Dawn

Mine has a black case from Apple. It's very thin & made from a sturdy but soft material, I'm sure you can purchase one online or at their stores.

The new one is called smart cover (for Ipad 2).

Mine came with it when DH gave it to me.

I'm surprise they haven't come up with a special purse/carrier for it :confused3

I use the black case from Apple and I have a Vera Bradley Stephanie purse that works great!

I have a cross-body bag from Kipling that I use every day. I had not heard of this brand until they opened an outlet store near me and I've found I really like them (and my kids love the little monkeys that hang off of the purses). I think I paid $15 for it at the outlet store and it's big enough to hold my iPad in the case.

The case I have for my iPad is a Disney one I picked up at DLR last month. It's black with embossed Mickey parts all over the cover, and a red felt lining inside. I LOVE it, and it was about the same price as any other case I've seen.

I don't carry my ipad everywhere, but I did buy the VB black microfiberflap shoulder bag specifically because it can fit my ipad when I do want to have it with me. It also fits my wallet, keys, cell phone, and a small cosmetics case. It is just a little bigger than the ipad with its case, but small enough to not be overwhelming (I hate big bags where everything gets lost)

I bought the purse on sale online - I think it is still on sale - mayge $49

I have an ipad case that is thicker than the apple case. I bought it from a seller on amazon for around $7 (NEW) or so right after Christmas. I can't post the link to it right now, but will come back later if amazon still has it.

I do carry my ipad a lot and was looking for a purse that worked if I wasn't carry it, but also didn't overstuff it, if I was. I LOVE this purse. It is a bit bigger than I normally carry, but still lightweight with great compartments. It has a zipper compartment in the middle and a pocket on either side. Then, on the lining on one side it has a zipper and the other has 2 slip ins. This is in addition to the 4 exterior for keys, phone, sunglasses. My ipad I put on one side and wallet and misc on the other. I didn't want people to notice that I was carrying my ipad. The top of the purse just covers the ipad(in its case) when slipped in length wise. I have this in a different color than shown. You can find it at most department stores(watch for sales) and I did see them at TJ Maxx. Good luck and have fun shopping.

http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWe...pe=Product&assortmentDepartmentNumber=9065000

Thank you!

So, here is what I was concerned about......does the purse need to have a separate area to hold the ipad (even in it's case) or do you just put it in your purse and put everything else in there with it, touching it?

Dawn

I have put it in a couple of different purses and I put it in with everything in there. (But I do have a separate case on it). I have a case with a keyboard and I have this case http://www.medgestore.com/products/ipad-platform.psp. I am thinking of the new ipad and will probably just slip it in with the new cover on it. I think it would be fine. But sometimes I also want to over protect it b/c it is expensive.

Thank you!

So, here is what I was concerned about......does the purse need to have a separate area to hold the ipad (even in it's case) or do you just put it in your purse and put everything else in there with it, touching it?

Dawn

The VB Flap bag I refereced above does not have a separate compartment, but I have a padded case for the ipad so I don't worry about it to much. Plus, there is not much in my purse anyway.

That is how I feel too!

Dawn

I have put it in a couple of different purses and I put it in with everything in there. (But I do have a separate case on it). I have a case with a keyboard and I have this case http://www.medgestore.com/products/ipad-platform.psp. I am thinking of the new ipad and will probably just slip it in with the new cover on it. I think it would be fine. But sometimes I also want to over protect it b/c it is expensive.

I have the Apple case of my iPad and it will tuck into my medium sized purse when necessary. When I expect to carry it, however, I have a netbook case that I wear with a cross-body strap. When its in my purse (which does not have a shoulder strap), I really notice the addiitonal weight. With the cross-body strap, I can go all day and never think about it. -- Suzanne

I have a Vera Bradley Alice bag. It's a little tight but the iPad does fit both vertically and horizontally. I only carry my iPad with me if Im going to be waiting somewhere, like the dr's office. I have the case from apple which I have been very happy with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter