If you’re bummed about Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party being cancelled this year, there’s always Halloween on the High Seas!

I'm certain there was no disrespect intended to anyone... all the admins can do is go by what Disney is saying. If Disney is still advertising these cruises... well, fingers crossed they aren't just jerking us around. Hopefully Disney says for certain one way or another shortly as waiting is the hardest part.

Yep, the parties (if the HOTHS cruises are a go) are usually jammed packed and will definitely have to be modified. Some more pics. I took these on our HOTHS cruises. As you can see people are crammed on every level of the atrium.

View attachment 512131

View attachment 512133View attachment 512132

We did a Halloween 3 night 1st week in September 2018 and the ship was not very full so it was awesome. The lobby during the parties in these pictures were barely packed and had tons of space.

Then we did a Halloween 3 night during Columbus Day in October 2019 and the ship was sold out and you could not even squeeze into a spot in the lobby during this party. Less fun.

Obviously going forward crowds/social distancing will be different but the lesson learned for me was if at all possible try and travel when school is in session. Not only is pricing less but it is a better experience when not so packed. And with Covid depending on how they handle capacity if you use this strategy it should help you avoid bigger crowds. Because of Covid, this year we booked our end of school year 2021 cruise during the beginning of May before school lets out to hopefully have reduced crowds.

I'm certain there was no disrespect intended to anyone... all the admins can do is go by what Disney is saying. If Disney is still advertising these cruises... well, fingers crossed they aren't just jerking us around. Hopefully Disney says for certain one way or another shortly as waiting is the hardest part.
They are 100% just jerking us around. Which is why I haven't been posting very much on the cruise forum lately... just too depressed by the endless cycle of cancellations and disappointments. We rebooked to over a year from now to get the 125%, but I can't request time off that far in advance so who knows if we'll be able to go. Hard to get excited about a cruise when I really can't tell if it's going to happen or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter