If WL not available - what moderate resort would you choose?

Juliehvac1

Earning My Ears
I am looking to book WL in May 2014 but the website is showing it is as unavailable for the dates I would like. Looking for myself, husband and son.
If the WL is not available, what moderate resort would you choose and why? Booking another deluxe resort is not an option as our budget was stretching to book the WL. We have stayed at the campground in cabins and although we loved the campground at Disney, are not interested in there either.

We've stayed at WL & Poly (Deluxe) and CSR, POR, POFQ (mod.) We LOVE POFQ. It's our favorite mod. We usually alternate our stays between deluxe and mod. We just got back from 8 days at the Poly. Our next trip will likely be POFQ again (unless we get a great deal on Poly!) It's a very quiet and peaceful resort. It's small size makes it feel deluxe - everything is close to all rooms - bus stop, food court, pool, boat to DTD, etc. The bus service at POFQ is fantastic - and we travel in August. POFQ shares buses with POR, but FQ is 1st pick up & 1st drop off. Honestly, we found better bus service at POFQ than at Poly (to the non-monorail parks.) The boat to DTD is an awesome option. The food court has a lot of offerings and we never found it to be jammed. The pool is small, with a waterslide, but adequate and we always found chairs - actually, the pool always seemed pretty empty.

POFQ gets my vote!

This early, I am sure that is a website flaw. Booking has not been open very long for 2014. But, if you do go with a mod, it sounds like you might like POR. It has a more rustic feel as compared to the more tropical mods.

POR or POFQ. POFQ might be a better option for its compact size. Both are fantastic resorts with great theming and amenities, as well as, being centrally located on WDW property.

Also I believe AKL is actually cheaper than WL. To me they seem somewhat similar, especially the set up of the lobby. Just one is a more exotic feel.

Among moderates we like POR as well. AKL has the same architect and many similar features, and often the cost is very comparable to WL, so that might be an option. I would also keep checking on WL availability as it may open up.

Coronado Springs or POFQ. Have stayed at both. Love how small POFQ is. Would do either again in a heartbeat.

Hello there! Our family loves POR. It is a reasonable size, has a great pool area, great food court, Beautiful landscaping, newly renovated rooms, great entertainment options and the location is wonderful too. We love taking the riverboat to DTD for some shopping, dining or just to pick up a coffee at Giradellis and enjoy the ride :)

POFQ is nice too, although we found POR just has a lot more to offer :)

We stayed at Coronado Springs last trip and did not care for it at all. But that might just be because we are so enamored with POR :cloud9:

Good luck with your decision!

I am looking to book WL in May 2014 but the website is showing it is as unavailable for the dates I would like. Looking for myself, husband and son.
If the WL is not available, what moderate resort would you choose and why? Booking another deluxe resort is not an option as our budget was stretching to book the WL. We have stayed at the campground in cabins and although we loved the campground at Disney, are not interested in there either.

Just read your question on 8/15/2013 @ 10:30 P.M. went to WDW website and put in the dates 5/4/14 through 5/13/14 at WL and there were plenty of rooms available. Right now the WDW website is suffering tremendous problems. No need to jump the gun and try to find a moderate resort just go back on the website and try again, and if that does not work CALL THE RESERVATION NUMBER, it will truly be worth it as the WL is truly AWESOME IN EVERY WAY. It has been known for a long time that the new reservation website needs a lot of help. Hope all goes well with your magic vacation. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter