• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If the Yacht Club was a Person, I Would Marry It. NYE TRIP 2012-2013! UPDATE 1/20

LOVE IT! Love how you notice all the small details!

I have never seen Fantasmic or the Osbourne Lights, Isn't that horrific? It looks wonderful! Definitely have to plan that in the future.

I too, love the Great Movie Ride!

How lucky you are to be going in two days! :)))) Just a tad jealous

I can't believe you are leaving for the dcp so soon! I also can't wait to read about all the fun you will surely have!

I so enjoy your reports they are awsome. I wish you safe travels and a wonderful successful experience in the college program. All the best for you! Enjoy it and remember what your dad told you take it one day at a time and enjoy the experience.
I cant wait to read all about it.
All the best
Lisa

survey markers are used when they are surveying....does that explain it enough?

:lmao:

just teasing, but seriously, those markers are where they can start using there surveying equipment and based on that particular marker, it is associated with an exact point and has a certain elevation above sea level to it, that they then use to dial in there survey equipment...that is then what they use for projects to figure out current elevations of things around there or to determine what elevation new installations should be built at.

hope that helps i tried to explain it as simple as possible but if i confused you then a quick google search will make it a little more clear possibly.

More great updates Jess. :)

WOW, that spaghetti and meatballs looks so good! I've been to Via Napoli twice and have gotten pizza both times. I guess I'll have to go back and get the spaghetti. It seems to get good reviews!

Ooh, those socks you got are super cute! I want them. LOL.

YAY for moving to FL so soon. My sister had Traditions today! Do you know which apartment complex you want to live in? Can't wait to hear about your experiences during the DCP!

They were letting people in early in October too. Growl. Why must I get up even earlier, Disney? GAH.

That cloud. That is freaking scary. Like... how can it be such a perfect Mickey shape? I don't even know.

Ugh, you're going to pulverize me when we do TSM together. If I got 255,200 I would die right there. Like... LIFE COMPLETE, AND I'M OUT.

Rapunzel and Eugene need their OWN FLOAT!!! And they can play I See The Light as it floats by. COME ON DISNEY.

Meg actually greets at World Showcase but it's extremely rare, like 3 times A YEAR. I don't know why they won't bring her out more!

Oh man... If I had 40% off in the parks there would be no point of even issuing me a paycheck. It would just go straight back into Disney hahaha.

"It was definitely a little excessive and I was borderline nauseous by the end but I mean… it was WORTH IT!" haha soooooo true.

I can't believe this TR is already almost over! Fastest TR ever. Soon you'll have a whole epic adventure to write about!

Ahh I just finished up the Mrs Potts post and was all sad-face because the updates were done, but then I refreshed your chapter list and there are 4 new ones! Woo!
Also 4 days until your CP begins! I mean, not that you need me to tell you that. But I'm over here all excited for you!

wow, i am just happy for you.... heading off to Disney on Sunday!! That must be a fantastic feeling. i hope that your experiences all live up to your expectations in every way.

i would really love to go on a Disney vacation with the knowledge that i will be going back in only a few weeks or days. that would be the most relaxing vacation since it would not have the same level of sadness at the end.

you must be the most well rounded Disney goer. you have tried so many resorts and sampled so much of the food. and you have gone to the parks at every different time of year and you have friends who work there. and you get recognized by your Dis readers. and you are obviously a toy story mania genius and champion!
It did look like you actually had a DEER to show your level of accuracy on your TSM result. Awesome yet Frumpy!!

If you have time to share your DCP experiences i will be so excited to hear about every detail you care to share. i hope you still take lots of photos too. i am quite curious to know what all the concierge job will include. im pretty sure it will include vats of pixie dust.

looking forward to the conclusion of this report and the start of the next.

Have a great trip to Florida and may all your Disney Dreams come true!!

Loving all the updates. The new fantasyland looks amazing. I'm so excited to see it. I got to be a test audience for Enchanted Tales with Belle when I was there in September and it was fantastic, loved all the details like the picture of belle and her mother and seeing the kids acting out parts was precious. Good luck with the CP, can't wait to hear your adventures with that. What an unbelievable experience. I'll have to keep an eye out for you when I am there in February :)

Fantasmic is the greatest! I haven't uploaded it yet, but during my last trip, Pinocchio was so excited on the finale showboat and literally JUMPING while doing the dance moves! I watch it when I need to laugh. It's the greatest thing EVER! And you seriously would make an awesome Megara (on top of Belle!). I like when the character acts really sassy even when she's doing the same moves with the streamer as all the others.

It was that pic of onion rings that made me have to try making some at home! If I worked at WDW, I know I'd get so large, haha. I hope you keep taking plenty of food pics during your DCP!

Jess, Good luck on your move and new job. I know you will have a blast! I hope to get into the CP when I'm older. It would be my dream job to work in the AKL. Maybe when my family comes down in march we will bump into each other. If you see some 11 year old kid making a wired deer face at you it will probably be me. Can't wait to hear about your CP adventures.

Great updates! :cool1: I love Kona for breakfast! I love that you guys went into DHS first, just to get TSM FP's too, that's dedication! :banana:

I really, really love your Yacht Club pictures! :lovestruc You know what's weird, a few years ago, I didn't like the Yacht Club, I thought it was too masculine. But now I love it, that and the Poly are my two top dream resorts right now, maybe the YC a little more, because it's so close to Epcot, and Epcot is basically my home! :worship:

Yum, Via Napoli! I'll be eating there in 4 weeks, I can't wait! I love the pizza there, it's ridiculously good!

Fantasmic is so cute, it's not something I need to see on every trip, like Illuminations or Wishes, but once in a while, it's fun! We usually have pretty good luck just walking in and finding awesome seats too, I don't think I'd ever wait in line for hours to see that show!

OMG OHANA!!! :worship: Another place I'll be eating in 4 weeks, and your pictures just made me SO excited to go there again, I love that place! I'd go for the bread pudding alone!

Can't believe your DCP starts so soon and you are leaving tomorrow! I hope you have an AMAZING time! :goodvibes

In again! Your trip reports are so much fun to read. Can't wait to hear all about your DCP experience too!

Via Napoli has many fine sights :rotfl:

I love all the updates and the pics of the pins you got.

Good luck on the DCP. Can't wait to hear all about it.

We just got back from WDW January 16, and I am already home sick. Really enjoying your trip report, and can't wait too read more. :)

Have a great trip down to Florida!!!!!! So jealous and so excited for you!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter