If the Yacht Club was a Person, I Would Marry It. NYE TRIP 2012-2013! UPDATE 1/20

Wow, so many great updates! Splitsville sounds like so much fun. I would love to go there in April but since I only have 5 full days I doubt we'll be able to get it in. Hopefully on another trip though!

Love the YC pictures, as well as the Boardwalk ones. It makes me miss the Boardwalk since we stayed there last April. So we kind of had the opposite view.

That Mrs. Potts tea set is SO CUTE.

Great souvenirs! Don't you love how they have more resort specific merchandise now? The Beach Club shirt is cute too!

Wait wait wait wait wait wuh????
They took out "Dead Men Tell No Tales"?????

Ummm...WHAT???

When the heck did THAT tragedy happen???

Oh no, please say it ain't so?!?

That is the BEST part of the first sort of almost beginning of the classic!!!:scared1:

I'm going to shed a tear. Really. I mean it.
Right now....tear.: :-)furious:

UUUUuuugggghhhh!!!!
Is NOTHING sacred???:eek:

I am loving your trip report. We are thinking about going same time next year but DH is scared of the crowds...Looks managable from your pictures. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about your New Fantasyland experience? You know, New Fantasyland actually has a bit of a record in my vacation book. On my most recent trip (December 2012), Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid was the first ride I went on.

Awesome report on Splitsville!:)

I had no idea it was so nice-would never have guessed they have table service.:)

I would just like to take a minute and thank you for using your SPARE time to write so many STRIKE(ingly) awesome updates for all of us TURKEYS here on The DIS before you SPLIT and ROLL on down to O-Town.;):)

I agree with you about the POTC Mermaids!:)

Way to take charge and get things MOVING on the PeopleMOVER!!!!:)

Your Dad is SO right!I know that my week-long Vacations at WDW FLY by and "feel" like just a couple of days,so I am sure your CP will also go by much too quickly,so cherish and enjoy every MAGICAL SECOND!!!!:)

I am so sad after a week at WDW when I have to board The Sad Bus-I cannot imagine how you are going to feel at the end of your CP,but you will have had an experience of a lifetime to remember forever!!!!:)

Cherish is the word!!!!:)

Wow you really are pumping these updates out!:cool1:

Too funny about that dead Ariel. Haha, you are right, disturbing thought. I didn't even realize they took out that dead men tell no tales!!! Now I am mad too! That mermaid music they play now is really pretty though!

Are you getting nervous yet?? Or just excited??

I hate bowling but Disney makes everything perfect so yeah I have to go to Splitsville. Plus cake like that can get me to go anywhere really.

What is a scrapper pin?

Omg I just roll my eyes when I hear about CP people breaking Disney's rules. Like how can you just squander an opportunity like that? Sheesh.

THAT YACHT CLUB ROOM IS SO PERFECT. OMG. I love it. Ahh. I just love the beds and the curtains and the pillows and.... EVERYTHING.

I love your Beach Club shirt. I got lost in the Beach Club when I was stuck in Disney. It was REALLY frumpy but that story is for another day. I was going to buy that shirt to commemorate the occasion but guess what... they didn't have my size either!!

Your scarf matching your bow in the Yachty picture is just lovely!!! You just look so happy and content. Oh Disney.

YUM Flying Fish! I usually don't even think about going there b/c I am not a big fan of seafood but between your mom's pasta and that dessert I want to book an ADR right now.

New Fantasyland :faint:

The fireworks pictures are SOOO PREETTTTYYY. It must be a nice change of pace to see something other than Wishes, even though I love it so very much.

That picture of the Yacht Club lobby at the end.... :cloud9:

Splitsville looks like SO much fun! I'm not the biggest bowling fan in the world, but leave it to Disney to actually make me WANT to go bowling on one of my next trips! My DH is really good at bowling, so I know he'll love to do that! And the food looks really good too! :cool1:

I've never really been interested in Flying Fish, but everything you guys had looks amazing! It's really beautiful inside too, maybe someday I'll check it out! I'd like to try every Disney restaurant someday, even if it takes a while! :rotfl:

Isn't New Fantasyland perfect? :lovestruc I could have spent HOURS there, I just loved every inch of it! I love how there is a whole Beauty and the Beast village, with Maurice's cottage and the castle, Belle is my favorite princess so I'm glad she has her own little area to call home now!

OMG those fireworks!!! :eek: Wow, I really have to go for New Year's someday! I never thought I'd want to because of the crowds, but I think it would be worth it to see those fireworks, they look insane! What kind of music do they play, is it like Wishes, with a theme, or do they just play random songs?

And your Yacht Club pictures are killing me! I love that place more and more, I really have to stay there, everything is just so perfect! :lovestruc

That's an extremely fantastic deal for bowling! It'd definitely be a fun way to spend a non-park day. Love the pics of your dad. Super cute that he got so excited! Too bad Jonathan was so sick!

I agree! Haha my Dad LOVES bowling... I think he loves Disney more now that there's a bowling alley! :lmao: And I know, it stunk.

Wowsers luvin the pics. The food looks yummy and luvin the pins. I want the bullseye one and goofy on the train... Good luck with DCP I'm so jealous!

Thank you so much!

Joining in! I got SO excited when I saw the new Fantasyland billboards driving through Florida, too!! I just love your Trip Reports!! The Yacht Club looks so beautiful! And I can't believe those fireworks! WOW! I wanna go back...whaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, I KNOW! It was so exciting! Thank you so much!

Those fireworks looked amazing!
That is so sad that your brother was sick :( I always secretly worry for a few weeks before I go to Disney every year. I'm always like "please don't get sick".

They were! I know, it was so sad! I HATE being sick in Disney - it's no fun for anyone!

Did they have anything about the new Test Track in the Stacey video when you were there?

I really don't like bread pudding anywhere other than WDW. I didn't know Cape May had a french toast version! And I agree with you, Minnie's outfit is adorable there.

I am so ridiculously excited to be getting back to Yachtsman on this trip!

Do you remember where in DHS you got the mug and hot chocolate for $5? Something I'll want to look out for!

Thanks for the advice about getting to Splittsville early! It's one of the things we're considering doing towards the end of our trip, if we've able to get done most of the things we want to in the parks.

I already know I am going to be an emotional basket case when I step into New Fantasyland for the first time (and every subsequent time).

You know what, I honestly don't even remember because my Dad and brother didn't let me watch Stacey more than twice. :headache: I'm sure there was a segment though!

Disney bread pudding is just TOO GOOD.

Yachtsman is great! You'll love it!

I got the hot chocolate during the Osborne Spectacle of lights on Streets of America in one of the little carts.

You're welcome! I hope you get there - it's such a fun time!

It's SO BEAUTIFUL!

Hi Jess! Just wanted to say I am so happy I found this trip report from your last one! You write such incredible reports! They make me so happy!:yay:

Also, wanted to say just in case I don't get back on the boards this week...GOOD LUCK at DCP!! Disney is so lucky to get you! Remember what your parents said...It will go back so fast and really enjoy the moments both big and small. I am really wishing wonderful things for you in the future:rainbow:

Thank you so much! I'm glad!

Aww thank you, that's so sweet! I will definitely cherish every moment - I'm sure it'll be full of magic! Seriously, thank you so much. That really means a lot to me!

I almost jumped through the screen when i saw that bowling ball with mickey on it. I want one and I don't even bowl like that. The fireworks look amazing and i am so excited to see the new fantasyland. I have to wait till spetember though. :( boo.
I did strollers at Epcot on my CP. It was technically called future world north merchandise because we also worked that whole area under spaceship earth,package pick up and leave a legacy when it was still up. I know you will have an amazing time. I am excited for you!

Haha isn't it the cutest!?
Aww well it'll be there for ya when you get back to the world!
Ahh gotcha! That is very cool! Thank you so much!

Jess, I'm loving your trip report!! I forgot that we were at the Beach Club at the same time. We were also at Fantasy of the Sky fireworks on the 30th - stood behind Cinderella castle and it was just amazing. The whole trip was worth it for those fireworks alone- just took my breath away!!!! We were one floor below you in the Beach Club, in room 455 and also had a view of Spaceship Earth- check out our balcony!!:

Can't wait to hear how you spent your New Years! We were in Epcot and it was one of the BEST days of my life. :)

Haha that is too funny! I completely agree - the fireworks were UNBELIEVABLE! You guys had an amazing view! Love it!
Thank you! We were in Epcot too! I'll be posting those updates soon!

Joining in! :) Love your trip reports. Disney is lucky to have you joining them on your CP.

Thank you! And aww thanks I'm so glad you think so! :goodvibes

My mom and I are planning to go to Splitsville in August since I have heard SO many great things about it. First of all, the food looks INCREDIBLE and second of all, I love bowling, but I stink at it of course. And I want to get there EARLY. I have heard there have been up to FOUR HOUR WAITS to bowl.

I LOVE your New Fantasyland pin!

Your view from the YaCHt Club GAHHHH LOVE.

Wow, the Flying Fish is beautiful. I have never been before and I think that needs to change!

NEW FANTASYLAND. I’m getting emotional. I JUST LOVE IT.

Yeah. I’m not a fan of the mermaids too. Like, nooo. Get rid of them. It just doesn’t work for Pirates.

Ummm….THOSE FIREWORKS OMG.

Yeah apparently the day before we went the wait way 5 HOURS. That's insane!! But just get there early and you should be fine!
Thank you!
You can see why I'm in love with that resort.
It really is! I couldn't believe it took me so long to get there either - it's amazing!
I KNOW.
Yeah they're gross. I don't like them.
They were so beautiful!

Splitsville looks like it was an awesome time!! That red velvet cake would definitely be on my list of things to try, yay!

It was seriously SO GOOD. Gahh I miss it.

I love the Disney bus guy! Those announcements always get me so excited for the day! Oh gosh, that Rapunzel wedding dress for the kids is absolutely amazing, I almost bought it haha.

Me too! And I hope my future daughter wants that dress - it's so pretty!

That room is amazing!! I’d love to get a chance to stay at the Yacht club at some point, it’s so beautiful! And that view!!

You can see why it's my favorite!

Flying Fish does not look like what I expected! I didn’t realize it was a signature place, it all sounds delicious!!

Yes it is! It's really good, too!

AH! I didn’t even think to check out the bathroom at all in New Fantasyland, the entire area is so well themed, I absolutely love it! That tea set is incredible! I would totally buy it!

You'll have to look next time! It's SO gorgeous in there! And ahh I want it seriously.

I’m not excited for the mermaids, I didn’t see them at all when I was last there, and the fact that the dead men tell no tales is gone is just not right!! Oh wow…..those fireworks are absolutely beautiful! What a magical experience!

Yeah I don't like the change at all. And I agree! They were perfect!

Wow, so many great updates! Splitsville sounds like so much fun. I would love to go there in April but since I only have 5 full days I doubt we'll be able to get it in. Hopefully on another trip though!

Love the YC pictures, as well as the Boardwalk ones. It makes me miss the Boardwalk since we stayed there last April. So we kind of had the opposite view.

That Mrs. Potts tea set is SO CUTE.

Great souvenirs! Don't you love how they have more resort specific merchandise now? The Beach Club shirt is cute too!

Thank you! It was SUPER fun! You'll get there eventually!
Thank you! Epcot resorts are all perfect.
Thanks! And yes I do!

Wait wait wait wait wait wuh????
They took out "Dead Men Tell No Tales"?????

Ummm...WHAT???

When the heck did THAT tragedy happen???

Oh no, please say it ain't so?!?

That is the BEST part of the first sort of almost beginning of the classic!!!

I'm going to shed a tear. Really. I mean it.
Right now....tear.

UUUUuuugggghhhh!!!!
Is NOTHING sacred???

Yeah it's really not okay. I feel the exact same way!

I am loving your trip report. We are thinking about going same time next year but DH is scared of the crowds...Looks managable from your pictures.

Thank you! Well... the only reason it was manageable was because we avoided them and timed everything. If you want to actually go on attractions, I would not recommend going at this time of year. The crowds were BAD. If you're more there to experience the christmas decorations/new year's stuff though, it's very fun!

Can't wait to hear about your New Fantasyland experience? You know, New Fantasyland actually has a bit of a record in my vacation book. On my most recent trip (December 2012), Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid was the first ride I went on.

That's wonderful!

Awesome report on Splitsville!:)

I had no idea it was so nice-would never have guessed they have table service.

I would just like to take a minute and thank you for using your SPARE time to write so many STRIKE(ingly) awesome updates for all of us TURKEYS here on The DIS before you SPLIT and ROLL on down to O-Town.

Haha it was the best bowling alley I've ever been to!

I agree with you about the POTC Mermaids!

Way to take charge and get things MOVING on the PeopleMOVER!!!!

I do my best!

Your Dad is SO right!I know that my week-long Vacations at WDW FLY by and "feel" like just a couple of days,so I am sure your CP will also go by much too quickly,so cherish and enjoy every MAGICAL SECOND!!!!

I am so sad after a week at WDW when I have to board The Sad Bus-I cannot imagine how you are going to feel at the end of your CP,but you will have had an experience of a lifetime to remember forever!!!!

Cherish is the word!!!!

The thing is... my DCP is probably going to fly too! If you're in Disney, you just have so much fun that time flies!! I will love every moment!

Wow you really are pumping these updates out!:cool1:

Too funny about that dead Ariel. Haha, you are right, disturbing thought. I didn't even realize they took out that dead men tell no tales!!! Now I am mad too! That mermaid music they play now is really pretty though!

Are you getting nervous yet?? Or just excited??

I gotta get this report done!!

Haha I really don't like it. It's gross!

I'm SUPER excited. Literally the only thing I'm nervous about is not seeing my boyfriend for 7 months. :rotfl: Other than that, GET ME OUTTA HERE!

I hate bowling but Disney makes everything perfect so yeah I have to go to Splitsville. Plus cake like that can get me to go anywhere really.

Even if you just go for the cake and look around, it's worth it!

What is a scrapper pin?

A lot of people on ebay sell them in those lot packs... they're pins that sellers make to make a quick buck. You can tell it's a scrapper if there's discoloration or the edges are rough, etc. Preston always picks them out when I order pins so now I have more of an eye for them. It's kind of annoying because I'd rather just not know. :lmao:

Omg I just roll my eyes when I hear about CP people breaking Disney's rules. Like how can you just squander an opportunity like that? Sheesh.

Seriously like you are not better than a multi-million dollar company. Shut up. :laughing:

THAT YACHT CLUB ROOM IS SO PERFECT. OMG. I love it. Ahh. I just love the beds and the curtains and the pillows and.... EVERYTHING.

I KNOW.

I love your Beach Club shirt. I got lost in the Beach Club when I was stuck in Disney. It was REALLY frumpy but that story is for another day. I was going to buy that shirt to commemorate the occasion but guess what... they didn't have my size either!!

Thanks! Haha I can't wait to read about that! You'll have to get one another time!

Your scarf matching your bow in the Yachty picture is just lovely!!! You just look so happy and content. Oh Disney.

Hahaha I like to coordinate. :p Thank you!

YUM Flying Fish! I usually don't even think about going there b/c I am not a big fan of seafood but between your mom's pasta and that dessert I want to book an ADR right now.

Yeah seriously! It's SO good!

New Fantasyland :faint:

I'm still dead.

The fireworks pictures are SOOO PREETTTTYYY. It must be a nice change of pace to see something other than Wishes, even though I love it so very much.

That picture of the Yacht Club lobby at the end.... :cloud9:

I know!! It is just an explosion of PERFECTION!

Thank you!

Splitsville looks like SO much fun! I'm not the biggest bowling fan in the world, but leave it to Disney to actually make me WANT to go bowling on one of my next trips! My DH is really good at bowling, so I know he'll love to do that! And the food looks really good too!

I've never really been interested in Flying Fish, but everything you guys had looks amazing! It's really beautiful inside too, maybe someday I'll check it out! I'd like to try every Disney restaurant someday, even if it takes a while! :rotfl:

Isn't New Fantasyland perfect? :lovestruc I could have spent HOURS there, I just loved every inch of it! I love how there is a whole Beauty and the Beast village, with Maurice's cottage and the castle, Belle is my favorite princess so I'm glad she has her own little area to call home now!

OMG those fireworks!!! :eek: Wow, I really have to go for New Year's someday! I never thought I'd want to because of the crowds, but I think it would be worth it to see those fireworks, they look insane! What kind of music do they play, is it like Wishes, with a theme, or do they just play random songs?

And your Yacht Club pictures are killing me! I love that place more and more, I really have to stay there, everything is just so perfect! :lovestruc

Haha Disney has that crazy way of making you want to do random things! :laughing: I'm sure you both would love it!

Yeah that's how I am too! When I looked at the Flying Fish menu before I never knew exactly what I wanted, but once I got there I had no problem finding a few options!

I love everything about new FL so much!! I completely agree.

It honestly is worth it just for the fireworks! And they play a specific Fantasy in the Sky soundtrack. It's a lot of interwoven Disney songs.. similar to the style of Wishes kind of? It's beautiful!

It's SO PERFECT!!!!

it is so nice to just have one update after another to read. Yay!
while I'm reading I always think of what I want to comment on and then when im done reading all my mental notes just kind of blur together into one conglomerant of happy feeling and DIS love. but I usually have no idea what I wanted to say other than I felt like I was there for the whole thing and I love it.
I'd like to go to Splitsville. It looked so shiny and new and the bowling balls so colorful. Old boring bowling alleys usually just mostly have black bowling balls to choose from. But not Disney!
I do remember that I wanted to ask about the pendant that were wearing in your Splitsville pics. I really like it.
I also liked your dad being so happy in the bowling photos. Your family is so fun.
Bummer your brother was sick. ):
I like the New Fantasyland pin. Pretty.

it is so nice to just have one update after another to read. Yay!
while I'm reading I always think of what I want to comment on and then when im done reading all my mental notes just kind of blur together into one conglomerant of happy feeling and DIS love. but I usually have no idea what I wanted to say other than I felt like I was there for the whole thing and I love it.
I'd like to go to Splitsville. It looked so shiny and new and the bowling balls so colorful. Old boring bowling alleys usually just mostly have black bowling balls to choose from. But not Disney!
I do remember that I wanted to ask about the pendant that were wearing in your Splitsville pics. I really like it.
I also liked your dad being so happy in the bowling photos. Your family is so fun.
Bummer your brother was sick. ):
I like the New Fantasyland pin. Pretty.

I'm glad you're enjoying them! And that's okay - don't worry! I am just glad you're reading along and feelin' happy!
Splitsville is definitely 5 steps up from any bowling alley I have ever been to!
That necklace is from American Eagle! I got it for Christmas from my Nana!
I know, he's precious! He had so much fun! We really have a good time together.
I know :(
Thank you!

Chapter 11: Stormalong Bay and Cape May Cafe! (THEY RHYME!)
December 31st, 2012

I got up at 8:15 am on this morning, took a shower, and then Mom, Dad, and I drove to the Grand Floridian! The traffic getting into the Magic Kingdom gates was AWFUL. New Years Eve crowds were very heavy this year.

We arrived and went right to Grand Floridian Café! We checked in, I traded for a couple pins at the DVC stand, and then we were seated!

Our waitress was Janie and she was from Queens, NY. She seemed grouchy but was actually nice and funny! She enjoyed my Dads humor and my parents liked her.

Mom and I both got the Citrus Pancakes, which were AMAZING. I had been craving them since October and they did not disappoint! They were so soft and sweet and incredibly delicious!

dsc0304lx.jpg

Dad got the American he loved it! Its your basic breakfast food but just what he wanted!

dsc0303wz.jpg

After our meal we went outside and looked around. It was BEAUTIFUL.

dsc0308vd.jpg

Our entire family is really looking forward to the villas! Theyre going to be amazing!! There has been a lot of construction done on them since the last time I was there.

We went back inside and took pictures in the lobby because it's GORGEOUS. (obviously) You can see near the top of the tree all of the balloons that they were going to release at midnight for the New Year!

dsc0309wx.jpg

BEAUTIFUL TREES!

img6621os.jpg

I also took pictures of the PERFECT FLOOR. Like... It's so classy but IT'S SO DISNEY!

img6618e.jpg

img6622b.jpg

Yay family photos!

dsc0311wy.jpg

dsc0312t.jpg

dsc0313qv.jpg

A CM from Hawaii came out of nowhere and offered to take a picture of the three of us! It was so nice and exactly what we wanted! Gotta love Disney service.

dsc0315xr.jpg

We stopped for gas and Dunkin Donuts coffee and then got back to the Yacht Club. Mom and I went to go get my 5 day pass because I was out of my non-expiration passes from the past. It stunk knowing that in less than a month I would be getting in for free& but we did what we had to do!

When looking at the insane price, I was telling my Dad about the DVC discounted annual pass deal for a $400 premium pass& and we realized that it was the last day of that deal! My Dad wanted to get one because I was gonna be there, so now he can come visit me!

We went to concierge first and found out we had to go get it at a park. So we went to the international gateway and bought the pass!

We went back to the room and then I went down to Stormalong Bay aka the best pool on Disney property aka the best pool IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

I posted on twitter:
Living out my dream and laying in the sun at Stormalong Bay #HappyNewYear

It's Christmas in the lobby and summer by the pool. #perfectday #yachtclub

dsc0322b.jpg

I picked out a spot and laid in the sun. I may have fallen asleep& Im not really sure. It was SO relaxing!

Stormalong Bay had some rockin tunes. I posted on twitter:
THEY'RE PLAYING BACKSTREET BOYS THIS DAY IS PERFECT #yachtclub

Mom joined me and then Dad came down, too. We laid in the beautiful warm sun at the most gorgeous pool on the face of this earth. It was the best way to spend the last day of 2012!

dsc0323y.jpg

After laying there for a while, I went swimming. It felt SO GOOD to swim. The pool was a great temperature and some parts of it are so deep! There was just so much space to swim! I felt free and alive and purely happy just swimming my way around the twists and turns of the pool! I like to pretend Im a mermaid. (I told you, Im 5 years old)

dsc0329lx.jpg

Oh also, the sand at the bottom is AMAZING. That really is just the most brilliant idea that could possibly exist. It just is so nice to dive down to the bottom and pick up a handful and let it run through your fingers. Like, what other hotel could pull that kind of thing off?! OH DISNEY!!

dsc0333f.jpg

I got out of the pool and we moved up to the balcony to get more sun. I walked around and took some pictures of the gorgeous area.

dsc0320v.jpg

dsc0332hk.jpg

dsc0328rc.jpg

dsc0334b.jpg

Then Dad and I went in the EXTREMELY hot hot tub. It was definitely a few degrees too high but I went in anyway. It really soothed the aches and pains that can result from doing a lot of late night park hopping. My ankle and leg soreness was cured instantly! It was much needed.

We went back up after that so I could shower and get ready for dinner! I took pictures of my updated intake of pins:

dsc0336n.jpg

It was New Years Eve and we celebrated by going to Cape May Café for dinner!

I was ready to EAT!

Our waitress was Susan. She was a little Asian lady and she was SUPER precious and efficient! Every time we were done with a plate she grabbed it instantly!

Hmm as far as the food& (YUM) my favorites were the mac and cheese, cod nuggets, and the pizza. (I know, all of the child food) Everything else was fantastic though! This buffet is SUCH a hidden gem!

I posted on twitter:
Disney buffets just have so many wonderful carbs. ddd

But really... THE MAC AND CHEESE IS THE BEST. I just love, love, LOVE IT!

dsc0337q.jpg

This is my second plate (and a bowl)... NOMS! The seafood chowder that had that night was AWESOME. So. Incredibly. GOOD.

dsc0342cp.jpg

And........ PIZZA!

dsc0343ha.jpg

I'm assuming this is my Mom's plate:

dsc0338tu.jpg

This is probably Dad's:

dsc0339rr.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 12: New Year's Eve Fireworks at Epcot!
December 31st, 2012

MORE CRAB LEGS! (This is Jonathan's plate. Obviously.)

dsc0340pv.jpg

The only thing was that there were no oreo bon bons tonight. I heard a rumor that they may be gone for good, but only time will tell. I was sad because I was really looking forward to those! Super sadness.

The desserts were still delicious though! I got the lemon cheesecake and strawberry shortcake and they were great!

dsc0344ax.jpg

Mom wanted to try them all... GOOD CHOICE!

dsc0345ir.jpg

Jon thankfully was able to make it to dinner that night, but his sickness forced him right back into bed after dinner. He was suffering from an AWFUL sinus infection, fever, etc. It lasted for the majority of the trip, too. Poor kid.

After dinner, Mom and I went to the Beach Club gift shop. On the way I had to take pictures of the beautiful sunset!

dsc0348l.jpg

dsc0349jv.jpg

THE YACHT CLUB IS SO PERFECT AND GORGEOUS AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

dsc0351at.jpg

dsc0352ao.jpg

My Mom wanted to take a picture of me wearing my Beach Club shirt with the pier in the background:

dsc0355tg.jpg

At the gift shop I got my Yacht Club pin, car decals, and new fantasyland mystery pins!

Then we went back to the room and I got caught up in my trip journal! There was an early show of IllumiNations at 6:30 pm that we could hear out the window. It sounded like a VERY loud show and I couldnt wait to see the later one!

I posted on twitter:
Everyone's like "WOOOO NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY!!!" And I'm like "eh.. ill stay in my bed and walk to Epcot an hour before the fireworks start."

I took a nap and woke up at 10 oclock, threw on a fancy New Years Eve outfit (consisting of sweatpants and a crew neck) and Dad and I frumped our way over to Epcot!

The New Years Eve energy at Disney is WONDERFUL! I love how excited and happy everyone is.

We walked over to Epcot and it was so busy! It was an hour and a half before showtime and the World Showcase was already LINED with people. They must have gotten their spots 3 hours before the show started!

I posted on twitter:
Well... Tonight's strategy is to find a short family and stand behind them. #epcot

We found a place in France next to the crepe stand behind a family with younger kids.

dsc0364jm.jpg

France wasnt the *best* spot to choose because there was a tree blocking part of the view& but at that time there really was nowhere else to go!

I sat down and Dad got ice cream and crepes for us! A little New Years Eve treat!

dsc0356ma.jpg

dsc0358zs.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I mean, I didn't need to eat that crepe or that ice cream.... but I'm happy and everyone's alive so that's what's important right? #fatty

I called Preston, played on my phone, and caught up on my trip journal until the fireworks started at 11:50 pm!

To begin they played through IllumiNations. However, there was no countdown to the New Year! We Go On was playing at midnight and there was no acknowledgement that it was 12:00 am! That was the only thing I wouldve done differently!

I posted on twitter:
Ringing in the New Year with Illuminations d it's bound to be a good year!

dsc0361xj.jpg

I LOVE this one. I feel like I have been trying to get a picture at this exact moment for years and I finally did!

dsc0365cb.jpg

Once the normal show played through, they started the New Years portion! They went through each country saying that they celebrated New Years this many hours ago, and each pavilion had their own mini fireworks display. It was really cute!

dsc0383me.jpg

dsc0384ca.jpg

dsc0385cz.jpg

Morocco!

dsc0387nw.jpg

dsc0398ju.jpg

They ended with America and that was the big show! The finale was MIND BLOWING. Im pretty sure I just stared at it and my jaw dropped. HOLY COW! It was so incredibly beautiful.

dsc0401yp.jpg

dsc0404l.jpg

dsc0410ri.jpg

Preston called me at midnight... but I didn't hear my phone because the fireworks were too loud. So I had to call him and say happy new year! He was sick on New Year's night so he was just hanging out at home. I asked him if he was watching the ball drop or anything and he said...

(In twitter post form):
"And if by watching New Years on TV, you mean a new episode of storage wars, then yes I did." @PrestoVision HAPPY NEW YEAR d#2013

Hahaha he's SUCH A FRUMP. It's perfect.

Once the show ended, we walked out of the park. It was SO nice to just walk to our resort and not have to deal with the transportation systems. It was a really low key night, and I loved being able to ring in the New Year with my Dad! It was really special!

I know 2013 is going to be an amazing year... and Epcot was the place where I started it off!

I posted on twitter:
This is the beginning of my most exciting, life-changing, and magical year yet! I am looking forward to lots of new adventures in 2013!

We got back and I wanted to go to Hollywood Studios for Extra Magic Hours, but everyone was sleeping. So I just went to sleep, too. My bed was too comfy.

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 13: NEW FANTASYLAND! (Part 1)
January 1st, 2013

I woke up this morning expecting to go to a park& and Mom told me that she was going to church in Celebration. I was welcome to join& but it was a Tuesday. So I decided to go to Magic Kingdom and play by myself!

img6770l.jpg

It was wonderful going at my own pace and being able to take the pictures that I wanted to take. I took a lot of castle shots from Fantasyland - it's such a cool angle!

dsc0418ag.jpg

dsc0421ae.jpg

dsc0422ls.jpg

CASTLE, YOU ARE SUCH A BEAUTY!

img6772g.jpg

Although a ton of New Fantasyland is open, there is still some construction. For example, the PRINCESS FAIRYTALE HALL! (God, I wish I could work there. As a princess, of course. PLEASE GOD.)

dsc0423sc.jpg

Also, there has been TONS of work done on the Seven Dwarve's Mine Train! They were laying the track and it's coming along great!

dsc0424fk.jpg

I got a fastpass for the new Little Mermaid ride! The fastpass machine is located over by PhilharMagic.

dsc0426ji.jpg

Then I walked all around New Fantasyland in the daylight. It was SO BEAUTIFUL.

dsc0427n.jpg

I posted on twitter:
New Fantasyland is a drug and I am back again for my second dose. #LOVELOVELOVE

Look at that line for Be Our Guest already! The waits for lunch were sickening on this trip. The crowds were out of control!

dsc0429uz.jpg

I went to Gastons Tavern for breakfast.

dsc0435lo.jpg

img6777t.jpg

I posted on twitter:
LOOK WHAT GASTON HAS DONE TO OUR BROTHER! @disney_frump

dsc0430ep.jpg

THAT EVIL, EVIL MAN. No one destroys your family like Gaston. :rotfl2:

I decided to go all out and get a cinnamon roll and Le Fous Brew. There werent any tables so I sat on this bench in a little corner.

dsc0431o.jpg

The cinnamon roll was very yummy. (I still like the Main Street Bakery ones better, though) It wasnt the freshest Ive ever had but the frosting was delicious!

dsc0432gx.jpg

Then as far as the Le Fous Brew& Im so sad to say that I did not like it. I have never been a fan of apple juice my entire life, and that was a huge contributing factor to my dislike of this drink. I also had consumed so much sugar in the past 24 hours that I probably wouldve gone into a diabetic coma if I finished it. All in all, I would probably try it again on another day, but I definitely dont need a whole one for myself.

dsc0433zi.jpg

What can I say, I like water.

However, I would like to let you know that the whole experience was worth it& because I got my Belle cup! :-) Thats what I really wanted, anyways.

When I finished, I just started walking around. Back through old Fantasyland we go!

dsc0442bl.jpg

I love this picture because it encapsulates the old and the new fantasyland. MAGICAL.

dsc0443al.jpg

RAPUNZEL'S TOWER OMG. Seriously, even if that is just a bathroom, that's the most perfect bathroom that could ever exist on this earth.

dsc0445zl.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I love not feeling obligated to do anything. I love just walking around and absorbing the atmosphere.

I made my way over to Frontierland and randomly decided to ride the Liberty Belle Riverboat for my first time ever! It is one of the very few Disney attractions that I have never experienced.

dsc0446cv.jpg

I went down to the first floor and sat in the front and center. The weather was SO beautiful and I was so content with life at the moment. The sun was shining, it was warm, there was a slight breeze, and I was at Magic Kingdom doing whatever the heck I wanted! Life was good.

I posted on twitter:
I am completely at peace with myself right now. This is the perfect way to start off the new year!

The ride was great! You just go in a big circle around Frontierland and you see Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and Tom Sawyer Island. It was very relaxing and quiet.

dsc0450or.jpg

THE WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS!

dsc0452gw.jpg

dsc0458ew.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 14: NEW FANTASYLAND (Part 2)
January 1st, 2013

I love all of the little scenes they have set up, too. They're so frumpy but they're a cute detail.

dsc0464zg.jpg

dsc0466g.jpg

DEER FAMILY!

dsc0465z.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I love how many deer are featured at the Magic Kingdom.

THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.

Afterwards, I went to go use my Little Mermaid fastpasses!

img6781v.jpg

The architecture is absolutely GORGEOUS! They way Disney has designed everything lately just completely blows me out of the water. (I know this is the Little Mermaid, but there no pun intended. :P) They sure do have a good set of imagineers on duty right now!

dsc0438u.jpg

dsc0439yf.jpg

img6778q.jpg

I almost liked the queue even more than the ride! It's AMAZING. I just couldn't get over it. It was so crowded so I didn't take a lot of pictures... so you'll have to go see it for yourself!

dsc0468k.jpg

dsc0469uy.jpg

So I got into my ride vehicle, saw Scuttle introduce the story, and they turned us around and sent us under the sea. When that cold breeze hit me and I saw the bubbles, I just LOST it. IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL. I was a crying mess from then till the end.

UNDER DA SEA!

dsc0480vt.jpg

dsc0482ul.jpg

I think Disney just has some problem with this Ariel animatronic's hair. I know the "cotton candy hair" was a whole controversy over in Disneyland... but when you look at this animatronic from the side, her hair looks WEIRD and detached. You'll know what I'm talking about when you approach her. You can't tell from this picture, it's definitely a side view thing.

dsc0483cl.jpg

I'M SO HAPPY I GOT THIS PICTURE BAHAHA.

dsc0484nd.jpg

URSULA.

dsc0485ri.jpg

YOU GOTTA KISS DA GIRL.

dsc0486qc.jpg

Prince Eric definitely has some smoulder goin' on in this picture. He's like "suck it, fishes, I'm married. YEAH."

dsc0489r.jpg

To categorize this attraction, it is a dark ride. But it is so much grander and beautiful than I could have ever imagined. The animatronics have such bright colors and the music is perfect! My favorite scenes are Under the Sea and the Wedding& but I also like the beginning too& AHH I dont know, I just love it all!

dsc0490z.jpg

I left there very happy. It was perfect and everything that I hoped it would be.

I called Mom after my ride and she said she was coming over to meet me in a bit. So, I went for a lovely and relaxing ride on the PeopleMover. SURPRISE!

img6783r.jpg

Look at all of my friends:

dsc0491nt.jpg

I posted on twitter:
"This is your chance to drive in the fast lane without getting a speeding ticket." Stupid VoiceOver. The Indy speedway goes 7 mph. #grudge

Like... I don't know when Disney is going to get the hint that changing their voiceovers is NOT acceptable.

I also looked in the Toomorrowland gift shops because I love them.

Then I made my way over to Main Street USA and looked in the shops. The Main Street Cinema had artwork by an artist named Larry Dotson and he was actually in the shop today signing his pieces! I flipped through his pictures and they were GORGEOUS. I seriously wanted to buy them all! Every one of his paintings were very park/resort specific and they were so well done. I need to remember to look him up if I am ever looking into buying Disney artwork!

After that I walked up Main Street and then back. I was just wandering around and taking pictures because that's what I do.

dsc0494it.jpg

dsc0495xt.jpg

The Dapper Dans were out singing so, of course, I HAD to watch! The second one in from the left was VERY young  it was great to see someone my age singing in a group like that! He was a bass, too! He must sound really incredible on his own to get that job! They were wonderful as usual.

dsc0497sw.jpg

Mom met up with me in the middle of the show so we watched the rest of it. Once it ended, we went over to New Fantasyland to try and get into Be Our Guest for lunch. However, once we got there, they JUST closed off the line for lunch. Wahhh.

So after much debate, we ended up getting hot dogs at Caseys Corner. It was SUPER crowded so we took them over to the Tomorrowland Terrace and ate there. The crowds were just awful that day.

dsc0498qc.jpg

We left the park after that, took the monorail to the TTC, and we were the only ones on the tram to the parking lot. We were in the Ursula section!

We drove back to the Yacht Club. It was so beautiful outside and we had the door open on the patio. It felt like a summer day in January!

I relaxed on my couch bed, wrote in my trip journal, and ended up falling asleep around 3:40 pm. Next thing I knew it was 5:40 pm and everyone was waking me up for dinner!

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 15: La Hacienda and Being Mrs. Potts in Enchanted Tales with Belle!
January 1st, 2013

We took a nice family picture in the YaCHt Club lobby before we left for our reservation. This is probably my new favorite picture of my family!

dsc0500l.jpg

Dad and daughter picture! :-)

dsc0503c.jpg

We walked over to Epcot for our 6:45 pm ADR at La Hacienda. We had a 20 minute wait so Dad and I went on the Gran Fiesta Tour. There was no line and it was the perfect way to pass the time.

dsc0505l.jpg

dsc0508w.jpg

Mom and Jonathan waited by the restaurant and we were called soon after we got back.

We were seated next to this couple and the girl was taking food pictures. Dad made a joke about it because I always take food pictures, and we instantly became friends with them. Their names were Dawn and John and they were from Pittsburg. They drove down the same day as us in that snowstorm. Dawn did her College Program the semester after she graduated and she still works at Disney seasonally. She works merchandise at Hollywood Studios at places like Sweet Spells.

Dawn was SO cheery and I could definitely tell she was a cast member! We loved her – she was so friendly! Her and John are both in grad school now. She’s going for law and he’s going for dental. They were staying at Pop while she was down here getting her seasonal hours. I hope that Preston and I get to take trips like that someday!

As far as the food, the chips were ADDICTING. They’re the same beautiful chips from San Angel Inn and I just kept eating them constantly. They're just so fresh and I don't feel gross even after I consume a ton of them!

dsc0510gy.jpg

Dad, Jonathan, and I split the La Hacienda which had steak, chicken, corn, rice, black beans, tortillas, etc. The steak was undercooked so we had to send it back, but they brought us a new one. Overall everything was delicious! It was a great thing to split! It's usually good for two people to share, but since Jon was sick he didn't eat that much.

dsc0513w.jpg

dsc0514z.jpg

Mom got the Ensalada de la Hacienda and the Taquiza. The salad had pomegranates on it which was really cool! Pomegranates intrigue me. And the Taquiza was a taco trio with steak, chicken, and pork tacos. Getting two appetizers for a meal is not a bad idea!

dsc0511cz.jpg

For dessert we all split the apple empanada. It was SO DELICIOUS. That carmel ice cream is just too good.

dsc0516zp.jpg

After dinner, Dad and Jon went back to the room and Mom and I stayed, finished, and paid.

We went back to the room, changed, and caught a bus to Magic Kingdom! We went straight back to New Fantasyland and got in line for Enchanted Tales with Belle. It took about 40 minutes.

I posted on twitter:
They're playing "A Change in Me" in the enchanted tales with belle queue line. #YES #underratedbroadwaysong

I have to find myself these New Fantasyland BGM loops on youtube or something.

Belle and her Mommy! :-) Maurice was one lucky guy!

dsc0519h.jpg

The whole thing was so cool! I didn’t really know what to expect but it was ADORABLE! The magic mirror transformation to the door was awesome.

dsc0520wr.jpg

They cast me in the show as Mrs. Potts! I WAS SO EXCITED! What a wonderful treat! I think the CM saw my face light up when they brought out the Mrs. Potts and Chip props, so he came right over to me. YAY FOR ENTHUSIASM!

dsc0522iw.jpg

Also, excuse my frumpy exterior. I wasn't planning on taking any pictures tonight at all so I did not dress nicely or look good at all. I didn't know I would be PERFORMING!

BELLE YOU'RE SO PERFECT. DISNEY PLEASE CAST ME.

dsc0524ic.jpg

dsc0525zz.jpg

YAY this is my big moment. Chip and I had to pour the tea! I'm glad my Mom caught this on camera. I'M A STAR!

dsc0527qf.jpg

YOU'RE MY IDOL, BELLE.

dsc0530sp.jpg

See... like, I'm definitely 5 years old.

dsc0532v.jpg

They gave me a bookmark as a commemorative item for my performance. HOW THOUGHTFUL!

dsc0535x.jpg

dsc0536q.jpg

The little girl playing the beast was the cutest thing ever. She had the most precious roar. Everyone thought she was adorable.

I’m so glad I got to be in the show! It was such a memorable first show... THANK YOU, DISNEY!

After that wen went over to the Little Mermaid ride! The wait time said 60 minutes but we hopped in line and it was less than 10. Deceiving? Yes. Was I mad? No.

dsc0538a.jpg

Mom loved the bubbles and the Under the Sea part. The whole ride is just so well done.

dsc0541t.jpg

GAHH I don't know which castle is my favorite. I love them all.

dsc0544xf.jpg

Back into old Fantasyland we go!

dsc0545l.jpg

We got off and went on It’s a Small World. Preston is scared of that ride so I took tons of pictures and sent them to him. Muahaha I’m an evil girlfriend. (;

dsc0547vf.jpg

We finished off the night by riding Haunted Mansion, which was a walk on. We left the park and took the bus back to the Yacht Club. We got home at 1 am and went to sleep.

dsc0550g.jpg

Continued in Next Post

I'm glad I checked back tonight! I am going to bed now to dream happy Disney thoughts.
Great job snagging that Mrs. Potts role! I can't wait to see the New Fantasyland too.
I am a dedicated water drinker too. But I actually like apple juice so I may need to try the drink from Gaston's tavern.
I really really want to ride the mermaid ride. And I want to ride the new seven dwarfs mine ride too.
Good Night.

Those pancakes look absolutely amazing! You’re really giving me quite the list of places to be eating around Disney on my future trips!!

A day by the pool certainly sounds like a fantastic way to spend New Year’s Eve day!! Ahaha! I totally pretended to be a mermaid when I was growing up….and all the time…ahahah! I also like that you guys are taking it slow, and not really going crazy in the parks, a nice pool day and breakfast, yay!

MONORAIL PIN!! JEALOUS!! Have you seen the Monorail Iphone cases on redbubble.com ??

Crab legs look so odd of a thing to eat…like…when did we decide that it looked like a good idea? I’ve obviously never had them, but want to try them! Cape May, again, added onto my list of places to eat! I like your Mom’s way of dessert, I definitely do that at buffets too!! You gotta try one of everything, and then go back for the best ones!

Sounds like a fantastic new years celebration, definitely more exciting than mine! Woo…working til past midnight…haha!

Aw man, I love traveling solo so much!! You can really do whatever you want and go wherever you want to go! It’s safe to say that I only went on 2 rides in MK this last trip, bahah! Those are amazing photos of the castle!

New Fantasyland is so gorgeous, my camera/picture taking skills just couldn’t do it justice, but I’m glad to see you can!! Ahaha, oh no! Not your brother! I totally missed that tweet! HA! I’m dying at the “no one destroys your family like Gaston!” AAAHHH

I need to try the cinnamon buns from back there, they look super tasty! I finally tried a bakery one in Sept and it wasn’t as amazing as I thought it was going to be! I have to disagree about the Le Fou’s Brew though, but I am a HUGE apple juice lover, I’ll drink that stuff always. And the Caramel apple spice from starbucks, yes PLEASE! Haha, I like that you got the souvenir cup though!

Dinner looks great!! I love all the Mexican food (all the time) and those taco’s look tasty! Yay! I’m glad your wait for enchanted tales wasn’t that long! The wait time was crazy while I was there! I also fell in love with the fact that they had so much of the broadway music playing in the area, I heard the instrumental version of “Maison De Lunes” one day in Gastons, it was awesome!!

Aw! You look like such an adorable kid having the time of your life during the story! Those bookmarks are cute! I think I’m going to have to volunteer for it next time.

GAH THOSE PANCAKES LOOK AMAZING. The GFC is one of those places I always say I'm gonna go to and then I don't. Between this and your last report, now I really want to.

I didn't know they dropped balloons in the GF lobby! That's awesome.

I pretend I'm a mermaid in pools too and I was literally just talking to someone about it an hour ago!

Awww I feel so bad for Jonathan. He will just have to do a make-up trip when you're on the CP!

That's so weird that they didn't count down to the New Year! The ending sounds as epic as I would expect, though!

hahahaha I don't even know Preston.... but I can tell we would get along.

YAY NEW FANTASYLAND! I never got to see it in the daylight, so I am looking forward to that.

More Lefou's Brew for me... muhahahaha. I got the Belle cup too :-) OH how I love it. I get so happy when I drink out of it! They didn't have the cinnamon rolls when I was there but I am dying to try the new icing.

I'm really happy that the tower is there but if they don't open a Tangled ride/show/attraction/whatever in the next couple of years or so they are out of their minds! So much potential!!!

Did you see the Nautilus in the Mermaid queue? A haunted mansion ghost pointed it out to me at MNSSHP. hahaha. And there are hidden Mickeys in the rocks that I found on my own. I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT. Ahh memories.

"Suck it, fishes, I'm married. YEAH." LMAO

"Look at all my friends" youuuu are cracking me up tonight frump!

I can't even explain the utter fit that I went into when I did Enchanted Tales. I can't wait to write about that in my TR. It was THE BEST.

Ummm that picture of you sitting on the floor with the kids hahahahaha I love you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter