If the Yacht Club was a Person, I Would Marry It. NYE TRIP 2012-2013! UPDATE 1/20

Chapter 20: Spending Our Last Moments at Epcot
January 4th, 2013

I woke up at 8:30 am and was so sad I had to leave that day. Thankfully I would be back VERY soon... but I would miss my family. And the YaCHt Club. I got ready and packed up all of my stuff.

All week the under armor football team was staying at our resort, and today was the day of their big game! It was just so funny because you could totally pick out the big football players as opposed to all of the other guests. I couldn't believe they were in high school - they looked like grown men! On this day all of their families, coaches, and recruiters were coming out. It was a big deal!

I posted on twitter:
The under armor games football team is taking over the yacht club.

Now this... this was one of my favorite moments of the trip right here.

Mom and I went to Beach Club Marketplace and it was really cold out. So we walked in that little indoor pathway by Yachtsman Steakhouse to stay warm.

We saw a Cast Member training 3 CP’s for Concierge. He said hello to us and asked what I was celebrating when he saw my button. I told him that I was celebrating my upcoming college program! He got all excited! He asked what role, what resort, and just was so happy for me!

He then proceeded to go on and on spewing out my EXACT life plan. He said “Disney likes to take their CM's from the bottom up. So you’ll probably do your CP, a second CP, a Professional internship, become a manager, and eventually be a VP of one of the divisions.” I literally said to him, “how did you know!?” I took it as a sign because the way it happened was just too crazy. Like my Mom says, God must've planned that one! I am about to embark on an incredible journey!

I posted on twitter:
So a manager just perfectly explained to me my life plan w/ the Disney company starting with the CP & working my way up #doingtherightthing

And he didn't even know me. I'm taking it as a sign. #Newbeginnings

I'm leaving today but I just know that this is the start of something wonderful :-) #SOexcited #18days

I traded some pins, we got some breakfast, (I just got a little thing of Rice Krispies) and then we went back to the room to finish packing.

We went downstairs, checked in for our flights, and checked our bags right at the resort. BEST CONVENIENCE EVER.

Then we went back up to the room, got our carry on luggage, and brought it to the car. From there we went over to Epcot! Dad and I went straight to Test Track to get more fastpasses. Mom and Jon went to The Land and would meet us there.

Test Track was absolutely MOBBED. It was awful. I waited in a very long line just to get fastpasses. They were for 2:35 pm – 3:35 pm which would thankfully work for us.

We went to The Land so we could go to Sunshine Season’s for lunch! I was still SUPER full from Ohana but I figured I needed to eat.

I posted on twitter:
I can't handle anything more than a kids meal right now. #ohanahangover

Jon and I both got Kid’s Mac and Cheese. It was SUPER good and it was such a perfect portion. You get the mac and cheese, 2 sides, and a little bottle of water for like $6. It’s a really good deal.

dsc0709a.jpg

Jon also got Asian Chicken, Mom got a salad, and Dad got some chicken. But did they take food pictures? NO. Have I taught them nothing!?! :rolleyes:

Even though I was SO full I still had to get Strawberry Shortcake. I can’t resist that stuff!! It's just so cold, the strawberries are so fresh, and the frosting is so fluffy!

dsc0710gf.jpg

Epcot was SO CROWDED but the line for Living with the Land was only about 10-15 minutes. So we hopped in line! At least that was relaxing and enjoyable.

dsc0712ib.jpg

Look at the little shrimp around the hidden mickey!

dsc0713mf.jpg

Then we went on Figment! Always a classic.

dsc0714eu.jpg

World Showcase was next. We walked to the UK, but then Jon and I decided we wanted to go on Gran Fiesta Tour. So we backtracked to Mexico! It had the longest line I have ever seen for this attraction.

I posted on twitter:
Welp. I know every word to the three caballeros song on the gran fiesta tour. #notmad

dsc0716y.jpg

Then we went back to Canada and met up with Mom and Dad. They saved us seats so we could watch Off Kilter! Random, I know. But like… WHY HAVE I NOT WATCHED THEM BEFORE!?

I posted on twitter:
Watching Off Kilter in the misty and cool wether. Yup, just like the real Canada!

dsc0717y.jpg

Dad LOVES watching the bands in the World Showcase. That's literally all he wanted to do this day. But I mean... they were really good! I’m so glad I finally had a chance to watch their show! That has to be such a great gig for them. They played the song “Danny Boy” which I sang in chorus my junior year of high school! I was so happy.

dsc0718k.jpg

Little side story – apparently when Preston was younger, he found this random burned CD in his yard so he took it inside and listened to it. It was of this band called “Off Kilter” and he really liked them, but could never find anything about them. So when he went to Disney during his senior year of high school, he was at Epcot and he realized that Off Kilter performed in Disney.

I swear, this kid and I were meant to be together. Too weird. :lmao:

So anyways… around 3 pm we went to use our Test Track FP’s. The line was still INSANE and it took about 20 minutes for us to get on the ride. Not terrible, but ya know.

It was a good ride and a great way to start and end the trip!

We walked out after that and went back to the Yacht Club. It was so cold and misty as we left the most wonderful place on earth.

dsc0719ko.jpg

Bye, bye Yacht Club. :sad1:

dsc0720x.jpg

I posted on twitter:
The Yacht Club and I are now going to have to be in a long distance relationship. I will miss you, beautiful.

We hopped in Brooke and drove to the airport. We parked her at the airport in long term parking so I could get her when I come down for my DCP!

We went in the airport, got some Quiznos for dinner, and went through security. We flew JetBlue home. I spent the entire ride home typing up my trip journal which gave me a great head start on this trip report. Also, Jon’s headphone jack wasn’t working for the TV so JetBlue gave us a $15 voucher! That was really nice.

We arrived back home to the COLD. Yuck. We rented a car so we could drive it home, and I think I suffered one of my most unpleasant and coldest moments of my life when we were in that parking garage. People were just being crazy drivers, it was SO windy, and it was BEYOND freezing. Reality shock hurts, man. I would have been legitimately angry if I wasn't moving to Disney world in a couple weeks.

I posted on twitter:
Back in my city of current residence. Only 16 days until I go HOME!!! #18tillDCP

So we drove home… and I probably went to bed because I think we got home very late!

THE END!

I just wanted to thank you all so much for reading this report that was written in record time! Sorry to rush off, but I'm KIND OF LEAVING FOR MY DCP TODAY. OMG.

Here is the link to my new DCP trip report. I hope you will all follow me over there. I can't wait to tell you all about my adventures!

DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - FRUMP STYLE! A Spring 2013 Adventure!

I hope you enjoyed the report! Thank you again and have the magical of all magical days! I know I will! EEP! :-)

Wow!You did it!:)

I just spoke with the Guiness Book of World Records and they have certified that that was the QUICKEST Trip report ever posted!;):)

How cool to see the Under Armour football players!What you saw were guys who will be MULTI-MILLIONAIRES after their third year of college when they can go to the NFL.:)

Those players were the BEST OF THE BEST!:)

How cool to see the CPs being trained and the CM telling you your "WDW Job Progression"!:)

He forgot to add that from Division VP,you will move up to Park President and then to President of THE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT!!!!(The second Meg Crofton!:)).:)

I am so glad you saw Off Kilter!!!!:)

You MUST go back when Jamie the bagpipes player is there!:)

He wasn't playing the day you went,but he IS Off Kilter!He is the founder and an awesome musician and ENTERTAINER!!!!:)

All the OK guys are AWESOME,but Jamie is really special!:)

Well,it is GO TIME!:)

I bet Brooke is going to be so excited to see you!I hope she doesn't have abandonment issues!;):)

I HOPE ALL YOUR CP WISHES COME TRUE!!!!JUST REMEMBER:

"When stars are born, they possess a gift or two.
One of those is, they have the power to make a wish come true.

Star light, star bright,
first star I see tonight.
I wish I may, I wish I might,
have the wish, I wish tonight.
We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
and all our wishes (all our wishes),
will come true.

When you wish, upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come...to...you.":)

Tonga Toast is so goood!!! OM NOM! I’m sad that the flights I booked for Jan ended up not working out with the ADR I had at Kona, so wanted to eat there again!!

Ah! That Mickey cloud is perfect! As if! HA! I love that you won a deer on TSM!! I didn’t know that was one of the prizes, the perfect prize after that many rides!!

Man, I’ve always felt like I should be working out while at Disney, but I always feel like the walking is enough! I was doing the “Sept Squat Challenge” though, so 2 weeks in Disney during that there was some working out, but that was all haha.

Oh Fantasmic! LOOOOVE it, I really do wish Meg would pop up more around the parks, she’d be great to meet! Also, I love the expression on Bert’s face in one of those boat pictures, great! (also, he should come out more often!)

I love that EE has a single rider line, it makes it so much easier to get in and out of there quickly! I’ve definitely noticed that the Pooh m &g never really has a line, and when it does, it’s not long at all!! They’re so cute!!

Good on ya for being brave on Dinosaur, haha, I won’t even really go on the ride anymore! Lawl.

YUM! Grilled cheese & tomato soup is such a staple, and so delicious at that!

Wow! That DHS pic with the balloons is great!! I love how it turned out!

That sounds like a great way to end a Disney trip. (Also, love the kids meals, they’re perfect sized for me haha!)

I hope that your CP goes absolutely amazing and is full of magic and awesomeness!! Hopefully I’ll see you in Feb!!

You got lucky to only have to wait 10-15 minutes for Living with the Land. I was in Sunshine Season earlier that morning (maybe around 10am?) and the line was 50 minutes!!!

I'd wish you good luck for your DCP, but I don't think you need luck. I have feeling it will be one of the most amazing experience of your life. :goodvibes:

It's like you have this blinking neon sign pointing to you at all times that says "MAGIC HERE" I mean... that's just crazy about that manager telling you all that stuff randomly. And Preston finding an Off Kilter CD in his yard is totally NUTS as well! Come on...that does not happen every day.

When I come visit you, I have to try that Strawberry Shortcake finally! In fact, I just need my entire trip Frumpified. Are you ready to take on that responsibility?! LOL.

I've never sat and watched Off Kilter but I love British Invasion.

"Sorry to rush off, but I'm KIND OF LEAVING FOR MY DCP TODAY. OMG." Umm BEST ENDING TO A TRIP REPORT EVER!

I loved your choice of words..."Ohana hangover"! That is so true. The food there is heavenly!

Okay, so your last day was a bit easier since you knew you'd be back so soon!

I cannot believe that Mickey cloud! It was totally a sign. :)

This was another great TR. Like I said before, don't ever stop writing them!

Just read through the ENTIRE TR today!! Makes me super pumped for my upcoming stay at the yaCHt club in a few months! Glad I got to read through all of it, looks like so much family frump fun! Good luck with you CP, I know several people that did it and all of them have nothing but great things to say about it.

That mac and cheese looks so good!

AND THE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE.

Seeing bands around World Showcase is something that I have to make time for. I live for live music so when you put that with Disney, its like perfection.

WOW. That went by fast. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip though!

I can't believe you finished this report so fast! Awesome job!! Seems like you had a great last trip, being a "regular" guest!

Now I'm off to read the start of your DCP report. Good luck with everything! I will be following along on twitter.

I love ur pics of the ariel ride n Belle.I can't wait to take my Hailey there.Cute pins! i need to be on the lookout for that Goofy confettione my oldest would love it!I definately wanna check out Splittsville now too .You reports are so fun :)

What a great little trip report!!

How perfect was it running into that CM on that morning? :goodvibes I know you will just have the most amazing time in your CP! And if you are still there in the fall, we will be on the lookout for you!!

Going over to join your DCP Report. pixiedust:

Mac and cheese is the perfect meal to get when you're not too hungry but still want to enjoy something tasty! I've gotten it a bunch of times (not as part of the kid's meal) so that my DH and I could share it when we each have our own salads. It's so comforting!

That strawberry shortcake looks to die for!!

Why is it on the day you leave Disney, it always rains or cloudy, etc? It just adds to your sad mood. :( And yes, reality hits when you get home. It always does for me.. ( Insert sad face)

I am for sure following your new journey! Hands down- this was my favorite TR I have read so far!

Another great trip report. I just love your reports- read the Hilton Head one last week and I subscribed to your new adventure too. I love you zest for Disney- you remind me of me 15 years ago. Not doing the CP is one of my biggest regrets but I didn't realize how much I loved Disney until later. So now I am going to force my kids to do it. I have it all planned out ;) I hope your experience is going great!

Wow another great trip report. I am following your DCP report and love hearing about your new experiences with Diseny. Hoping one day my children will want to do DCP so I can share those memories with them.

Hi I know I'm super late for this but just looking at the Magic Kingdom fireworks pictures. OMG they are AMAZING I just love them, and I have to say I love your trip reports, you have such a great sense of humor. When I'm having a bad day Iread your trip reports and instantly feel better, so Thank You for that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter