If the Presidential Candidates were Campers...

I live near Pittsburgh, it is against the law to even say that other kind of condiment, heinz will always be in my house..... LOL

I live near Pittsburgh, it is against the law to even say that other kind of condiment, heinz will always be in my house..... LOL

If you knew where she "donated" most of her money you would'nt.

I did a little research and could not find anywhere where Heinz owns the Hunts Ketchup. Hunts is owned by ConAgra Foods so I will continue to give my ketchup money to them and not Gumby's wife.:thumbsup2

I won't even dignify that with a response. :sad2:

On a different note, after I was laying in bed last night, not sleeping again, I was thinking about the Morgan Spurlock show, 30 days.

It made me think, anyone who wants to have a public office, president of the us, senate, house, governor etc, should have to live for 30 days like the people they are governing.

Lets face it, what do any of them know about being a normal american? They are all rich fat cats who come from money, or have money, and have no grasp of what it is really like.

Do like Morgan did, put them in some city somewhere with $100 in their pockets, let them live on a minimum wage job at mcdonalds etc, make them pay for their own gas to get to work, on their minimum wage job. Lets see minimum wage is what $6 ish, x 40 = $240, fill up a normal car what $60, that leaves you what $150 week after taxes to live.....

I think they would all have just a little more respect for the people who pay their big fat pork barrel paychecks!

I would LOVE to see that. I want anyone who thinks we should welcome illegal aliens to come to my town and LIVE there. See what effect this has had on our local economy and the tremendous burden it has been for our school district. Our school taxes are based on single family occupancy homes...only there are those homes being rented out to illegal immigrants with many families occupying one home. The town can't afford to pay more inspectors to handle the increase in violations. Even when they are reported..they simply move to another home, and the process starts again. It's a vicious cycle. The school has to pay to educate those children occupying these single family homes. Only the tax rate for the school is based on a single family occupying that home..yet 4 or 5 families may be occupying it. This is a tremendous burden for the local districts. I mean..they have a "one tissue" policy in our district. Can you imagine..if your kid sneezes and needs to go to the nurse..it's one tissue..then use your sleeve I guess. :sad1: We pay $8,000 a year in taxes..and it's only going up. It makes those of us who do own single family residences and moved here so our kids would have a better chance at a good education wonder what the heck is our government doing. Now, I don't mean to sound heartless...and I feel for those who came here...but why is it that MY community is the one to suffer because of it. Seems like the rich folks in Washington, or Albany can afford to be sentimental and welcome everyone with open arms. They have illegal immigrants mow their lawns and serve them in their restaurants, or clean their homes. Then they go home...to my town. They don't have them living next door, with five families. I think they might have a different tune to sing if that were the case.
I'm not sure what the answer is..and again, I don't mean to sound heartless..but the only way around this is to move..and we will probably do just that when my youngest finishes high school. Only that doesn't really solve anything, it just leaves the same mess for someone else. That is a shame because my husband was raised here, and his mother, and grandmother before him.

If you knew where she "donated" most of her money you would'nt.

I did a little research and could not find anywhere where Heinz owns the Hunts Ketchup. Hunts is owned by ConAgra Foods so I will continue to give my ketchup money to them and not Gumby's wife.:thumbsup2

Look at the time-line for Con-Agra Foods. It all began in 1861 with Gilbert C. Van Camp.....of the Van Camp Pork & Beans fame! YaY!!! I LOVE Pork & Beans! Just don't strike a match after I've had 'em!!:lmao:

For those who are even remotely interested...

http://www.conagrafoodscompany.com/corporate/aboutus/company_history_timeline.jsp

As much as it pains me, I do like Heinz better. Hunts catsup is like Hydrox cookies. If your mom brought either home, it's ok to punch her in the nose.

Hey Phyllis, tell us how you really feel!!! LOL Calm down sister, you are gonna have a stroke! Maybe you need to step away from the computer and go eat some mexican food, I bet there are some good places in your area.....

I am sorry, I couldn't resist.

Pete, I forgot all about hydrox cookies, YUCK, and I don't care where the money goes from my one measely bottle of ketchup (not catsup). I WANT MY HIENZ 57!

The moral compass of this country is disappearing... ketchup bottle by ketchup bottle. This is a sad day in history. Just think what you are teaching our yute...that you are not wiling to sacrifice taste and then therefore support a company that supports communist/marxist groups in this Country. Sad indeed. I for one will not let my moral compass stray...until I try Heinz again and see if it really does taste better.:rolleyes1

Hey Phyllis, tell us how you really feel!!! LOL Calm down sister, you are gonna have a stroke! Maybe you need to step away from the computer and go eat some mexican food, I bet there are some good places in your area.....

I am sorry, I couldn't resist.

Pete, I forgot all about hydrox cookies, YUCK, and I don't care where the money goes from my one measely bottle of ketchup (not catsup). I WANT MY HIENZ 57!

I've also learned that I cannot buy anything but Helmann's mayo...as per Pete. Also, it's a known fact that his meal will be ruined if a restaurant serves Diet Pepsi instead of his beloved Diet Coke...

Phyllis I feel your pain. We are directly affected everyday by illegal immigrants. We are in the housing construction industry. Prices for our profession should be 1/2 again what we are getting. Try bidding a job against someone who has no business expenses such as;

pays no income taxes
pays no workmans comp. ins.
pays no liability ins.
pays no disability ins.
pays no health ins.
pays no commercial vehicle ins.

And all of the other insurances we pay on personal items.

I've also learned that I cannot buy anything but Helmann's mayo...as per Pete. Also, it's a known fact that his meal will be ruined if a restaurant serves Diet Pepsi instead of his beloved Diet Coke...

Dukes is good mayo....

As for diet pipsi, I wouldn't drink it if it were free.

take_my_word.gif

I didn't read the entire thread but..

we need another FDR, he pulled us out of the depression and turned us around. He is one of my favorite presidents :)

I'm moving to Canada! haha j/k but that's what a lot of people joke about here in Gainesville because no one is really happy with either candidate.

and a fun little trivia fact:
Charlie Crist is gay and the only reason he recently got engaged was because he might be running under McCain and it looks better if he is engaged. :thumbsup2

Did you guys know that Heinz ketchup says "refrigerate after opening" but Hunts doesn't? (or maybe it's the other way around.)

Anyway....just a little catsup/ketchup trivia for you. :)

Did you guys know that Heinz ketchup says "refrigerate after opening" but Hunts doesn't? (or maybe it's the other way around.)

Anyway....just a little catsup/ketchup trivia for you. :)

I noticed that too and i always wondered why restaurants keep it out on the table when it says to refrigerate it :confused3

Hunts really IS pretty bad...but now that I know Hienz is funding the communists...Hunts doesnt seem so horrible!! Cant do anything but Kraft mayo...doesnt Kraft make a ketchup?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter