• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If the murse is wrong, we don't want to be right! 27 days- holy smoke!

Which DVC and why?

• Grand Villa at OKW

• 2 one bedroom at OKW

• Grand Villa at SSR

• 2 one bedroom at SSR

• Grand Villa at BWV

• 2 one bedroom at BWV

• Grand Villa at AKV

• 2 one bedroom at AKV

• 2 one bedroom at VWL

• 2 one bedroom at BCV

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the AKV one bedrooms sleep 5.:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Tru dat! According to the DVC book, the other 1 bedrooms sleep 4 but I am thinking with children, it's negotiable. With a king and a queen, my shrimp kids could easily fit. ;)

I have stayed at BWV, BCV, VWL, and while I didn't stay there, I spent alot of time w/ the family at SSR.

In order of preference:

BCV
BWV
VWL
SSR.

My ABFAM you sure get around! ;) :rotfl2: Please tell me why you chose them in that order. :flower3:

Non DVC--CBR, Pop, and YC.

:goodvibes I know I would love the PoP too. It's so kitschy and gawdy but Disney. :laughing:

And clearly, you enjoy the beach theme, me too. At Disneyland the PPH is my favorite! :cloud9:

Overall preferences:

BCV
BWV
Pop
YC
VWL
CBR
SSR.

ABFAM:)

:thanks: You've got good taste!

ASFAM :teeth:

:thumbsup2 Tru dat! According to the DVC book, the other 1 bedrooms sleep 4 but I am thinking with children, it's negotiable. With a king and a queen, my shrimp kids could easily fit. ;)

If you're going w/ a DVC owner (Jenna), then it's relatively easy to add an extra person w/o having to deal w/ guest services.

My ABFAM you sure get around! ;) :rotfl2: Please tell me why you chose them in that order. :flower3:

I chose them in that order mostly for location. I chose BCV over BWV because it has a toilet in it's own little room in the one bedrooms. It also has a bit more of a homey feel. That's just me perhaps.

I chose VWL over SSR because of the theming and proximity to the MK. SSR just feels a bit cheaper than any of the other DVC locations..

:goodvibes I know I would love the PoP too. It's so kitschy and gawdy but Disney. :laughing:

And clearly, you enjoy the beach theme, me too. At Disneyland the PPH is my favorite! :cloud9:

Pop:thumbsup2 I love the beach theme. So relaxing......reminds me of hanging out at Huntington Beach--Zacks--Lifeguard 11.

Or living on Balboa Island when I was going to UCI..I would take the ferry to NB and walk down to the beach and "study".

It's never to early to plan a WDW trip! So now that the Jen & Tera trippie is a wrap, can I come join in your fun while I'm writing my pre-trippie? I'm thinking it will be inspirational! Just a quick post for now. I can't wait to read the whole thing tomorrow.

BTW--gotta get DH a murse!

It's never to early to plan a WDW trip! So now that the Jen & Tera trippie is a wrap, can I come join in your fun while I'm writing my pre-trippie? I'm thinking it will be inspirational! Just a quick post for now. I can't wait to read the whole thing tomorrow.

:welcome: Ashley!!! Thanks for joining in on our fun! We are glad to have you! Lucky you, your trip will come about a year before ours!:rotfl:

And yes, your DH needs a murse! It's the latest fad!!:rotfl2:

:welcome: Ashley!!! Thanks for joining in on our fun! We are glad to have you! Lucky you, your trip will come about a year before ours!:rotfl:

We are waaay overdue for some Mickeytastic fun. Our last trip was 5 years ago. About the time we decided to plan another trip...SURPRISE!!! baby number 4 came along!

I was trying to think what the feminine equivalent of a murse-type thing would be.. you know, some typically male accessory that we could adapt and take as our own, and then it occured to me....men don't have accessories, silly! Although I guess I could put some bling on a remote control....

We are waaay overdue for some Mickeytastic fun. Our last trip was 5 years ago. About the time we decided to plan another trip...SURPRISE!!! baby number 4 came along!

Yes, you are way overdue for a trip! The kids will have a blast!

I was trying to think what the feminine equivalent of a murse-type thing would be.. you know, some typically male accessory that we could adapt and take as our own, and then it occured to me....men don't have accessories, silly! Although I guess I could put some bling on a remote control....

The only thing I can think of is the wallet on a chain, and if I show up wearing one of those, DH and Jenny will have me committed!!:rotfl2:

Hi guys. Just wanted to briefly check in and say that I haven't abandoned this trip report. I have been having some personal issues and to add to my already overwhelming situation, a very dear friend and my mentor passed away this weekend. Tonight is the viewing and tomorrow is the funeral. You could never meet a more kind soul than this man.

http://obit.myers-mortuary.com/obit-469551

Hi guys. Just wanted to briefly check in and say that I haven't abandoned this trip report. I have been having some personal issues and to add to my already overwhelming situation, a very dear friend and my mentor passed away this weekend. Tonight is the viewing and tomorrow is the funeral. You could never meet a more kind soul than this man.

http://obit.myers-mortuary.com/obit-469551

I am so sorry. I do know how you're feeling. Prayers and hugs to you.:grouphug:

If you're going w/ a DVC owner (Jenna), then it's relatively easy to add an extra person w/o having to deal w/ guest services.

::yes:: We'll be going with Jenna et al. I am SO in need of a Disney fix too. It feels like it's been years since I've had one.

I chose them in that order mostly for location. I chose BCV over BWV because it has a toilet in it's own little room in the one bedrooms. It also has a bit more of a homey feel. That's just me perhaps.

I like having the toilet in a separate room. Our master bathroom is like that now and it's very nice.

I chose VWL over SSR because of the theming and proximity to the MK. SSR just feels a bit cheaper than any of the other DVC locations..

Jenna stayed in VWL this last trip. They were on the top floor so their room had vaulted ceilings which made the one bedroom seem so HUGE. The grounds were so pretty too. :thumbsup2

Pop:thumbsup2 I love the beach theme. So relaxing......reminds me of hanging out at Huntington Beach--Zacks--Lifeguard 11.

:faint: :love: Lifeguard 3! Dwight's? The name is escaping me right now but we used to eat their chips and shredded cheese with mild red sauce daily in college!

Or living on Balboa Island when I was going to UCI..I would take the ferry to NB and walk down to the beach and "study".

I LOVE Balboa Island! My dad used to take me there often as a child! :goodvibes

And for good measure: The Crab Cooker in Newport Beach! :cool1:

:welcome: Nice to have you here for the next 500+ days! :teeth:

:rotfl2: And when you do, post a pic!

:lmao: It's the latest SOMETHING that's for sure! :p

::yes:: You are WAY overdue for a trip!

:rotfl: I think the dolled up dog collar is what we did to get back at men for the murse!

The only thing I can think of is the wallet on a chain, and if I show up wearing one of those, DH and Jenny will have me committed!!:rotfl2:

But first we would post pics all over the internet! :angel:

I am so sorry. I do know how you're feeling. Prayers and hugs to you.:grouphug:

:hug: Thank you Jordan. If anyone had finished their job here on Earth, it was Bill.

I think the chips, cheese and mild red sauce were called Strips. We had them all the time too.......

I think the chips, cheese and mild red sauce were called Strips. We had them all the time too.......

:thumbsup2 Yes, they were called Strips! We'd always sit between 3 and 5, closer to the water. Awww, I miss HB! :cloud9:

I bet the air is pure muck right now. It makes me so sad to see the fire photos. :sad1: DH put in to go if they send an engine.

I voted for which DVC too. I would GLADLY stay in any of them but I voted for the OKW GV and the AKV 2 one bedrooms. :cool1: The OKW villa is almost as big as my house which just seems like it would be so rad to have all that space. It is also by far, the BEST value for the points.

The AKV has the best theme and all 6 of the kids :love: AK so to see the animals right outside their windows would be be unreal.

But let's be real. Getting to go back at all, with lovely friends, is just beyond cool regardless of where we stay! pixiedust:

Please keep the opinions coming as we only have somewhere in the 550's to go! :rotfl2: :teeth:

Hi Jenny, couldn't keep away :rotfl2: So when are you starting the kids photos of the countdown? :rotfl:

I haven't voted yet as I need to know numbers, roughly how much will each cost? If moneys no object I would love love love to stay on the Boardwalk!!!!

Having a countdown is always preferable to not having one---no matter how far away it is.:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 I agree. Even 550 days away is better than zero days away! :teeth:

I too am going in 09. I think we've discussed that already.
No dates yet I'm afraid.:sad1:

If it's in early May, we could have a mini meet! :yay: :hyper:

Hi Jenny, couldn't keep away :rotfl2: So when are you starting the kids photos of the countdown? :rotfl:

I am thinking of making the coundown calendar on the bedroom wall! :rotfl: :rotfl2: I am sure DH would LOVE that! pirate:

I haven't voted yet as I need to know numbers, roughly how much will each cost? If moneys no object I would love love love to stay on the Boardwalk!!!!

Oh baby, I have prices galore. Like mullets galore only less tacky! :lmao:

Ready

Set

Go.....................

I will do weekday points first :flower3:

Grand Villas:

AKV 81
SSR 79
BWV 88
OKW 45 :eek:

Literally half of the points for the OKW. :faint:

549 days!!!!!!

You are certifiable.

Tell me something I don't know! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

I feel certifiable right now.

DH did say he'd like to go to California when the new Cars Land in DCA is open. I am hoping for 2010 so I can do a little Disney two years in a row! :banana: Do you know much about that project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter