If staying on site, how do you get to park entrances? Esp. if you have an ECV or wheelchair?

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
I think I read that you have to take a Ferry boat from the hotels. Is this true? Do the ECVs and wheelchairs roll on with no problem? Anyone know? What about Hard Rock, do you still have to take a Ferry to entrances to Universal?

Bump for Puffy.

scoob.gif

If you are in a wheelchair, I expect attendants will help you into the motor boat that goes between the resorts and CityWalk. I don't know about ECVs; they might be a bit too heavy to lift in and out of the boat.

The Hard Rock is VERY close to the parks and should be a breeze in an ECV. Even Portofino isn't that far.I

Kelly Monaghan
Author of "Universal Studios Escape: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure"Ã

Kelly, Are you saying that there is a walkway to the park entrances ? In other words, a person in an ECV wouldn't HAVE to use the waterway?

Guests using an ECV or wheelchair can get from the on-site hotels to either of the two theme parks or Citywalk by using any of the following methods:

Walkway: Very scenic - although would be a bit of a hike from the Portofino. From Hard Rock to USF this would be the quickest.

Boat launches: All the Universal Orlando Resort boats are fully accessible. There are ramps to the docks - plus the deck of the boats are at the same level as the dock. Super Easy!

Resort busses: The resort busses do have a bus with a lift always running. Although, the busses will drop you off at the parking hub - which is a bit far away.

I would recommend using the boat launches. If you are staying at the HRH and going to USF - then just use the walkway to the parks. Don't forget that the entrances to both theme parks are less than 200 yards from each other!

Have a great time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter