If room prices go up...

mitchinson

Mouseketeer
Was wondering if cost of room goes up after you reserve your room with paying a one-night deposit are you locked in at that price or are you obligated to pay the higher rate for the rest of the stay? Thanks!

Rack rates for 2017 are set. If you have placed a deposit for 2018, you will be paying whatever the room rates are for that period when they are set.

The 2017 rates will not go up.

Once you put a deposit down, your rate is confirmed. If you make any changes, you would be subject to any price increase.

Yes, as _auroraborealis_ said, this is for 2017 rates only.

I would believe the answer would be YES..........you are locked in. You've made an agreement with Disney for a complete trip, all days. While you only paid a small (yeah right?) deposit the reservation is for the entire stay..........price is based on that........and pricing is done at time of reservation. Now if you re-book...........you'll be subject to any pricing increase.

Ok........Disney fact checkers....:P.......are my "pants on fire"?

Doug :goofy:

Trip would be late January 2018 but would be reserving in 2017.

Disney won't release 2018 rates until later this year, sometime in June or July I think. Until then, they charge you a deposit that is pretty much the highest rate for that room this year. When the final rates for 2018 are released, they will adjust your price accordingly. So it depends when you reserve if your rate will be locked in or not. If you reserve before the 2018 rates are released, you are not locked into the rate you reserved at. If the price goes up, you will have to pay the increased rate. If you reserve after the 2018 rates are released, then that is the rate you will pay & it is guaranteed. Once they release those 2018 rates, they are for the whole year. Disney doesn't readjust rates through out the year. Except for discounts & promotions of course. ;)

Trip would be late January 2018 but would be reserving in 2017.

If you reserve before rates are set, your deposit for room-only will be the single-highest room rate of 2017. Your rate would be going down once 2018 rates are set and announced, as no way late January rates will match the Christmas week rates, which are ba-na-nas. :banana:

Once the 2018 rates are announced, they will adjust the cost to reflect Actual Rate.

If you book now, you are booking at the highest rate for 2016. So you pay your deposit or whatever you pay. But there will no doubt be discounts for the time you are going, plus you are going during value season (AmIrite?). So you can likely get a better deal as the promotions come out, usually 4 or 5 months before your travel dates.

Check mousesavers for discounts and discount release dates.

Other side of the coin....

If any discounts or promos happen AFTER you book (such as free dining, 25% off room rates, etc...) you can call and adjust it for that. So keep an eye out.

Other side of the coin....

If any discounts or promos happen AFTER you book (such as free dining, 25% off room rates, etc...) you can call and adjust it for that. So keep an eye out.
This is not a guarantee, though. It is treated as a new reservation, and there must be a room available for that discount in order for it to apply. In the past I've had to change room categories in order to get the discount, and sometimes you have to add on to your tickets (last year you needed to add hoppers, I believe). Additionally, if ticket prices have changed, you will pay the new ticket rate if you are trying to get a new discount.

This is not a guarantee, though. It is treated as a new reservation, and there must be a room available for that discount in order for it to apply. In the past I've had to change room categories in order to get the discount, and sometimes you have to add on to your tickets (last year you needed to add hoppers, I believe). Additionally, if ticket prices have changed, you will pay the new ticket rate if you are trying to get a new discount.

That is true. From my personal experience though doing this I never encountered paying more. Always less

That is true. From my personal experience though doing this I never encountered paying more. Always less
Well true, in the end you pay less overall, but you are still paying a higher ticket price if ticket prices go up and then you change your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter