If I say a show has "jumped the shark" do you know the reference and what it means?

I can still hear Richie trying to talk Fonz out of doing it when I am about to do something questionable. I was a little kid back then so it made an impression. LOL

It's from the fourth movie, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, where Indy finds himself at an A-Bomb test site and has to hide in an old-style refrigerator for protection. Many cite the scene as ridiculous - that's one I'll give ya!
interesting....a great generational shift....the fridge was nothing like ducking under a desk....those old fridges where made like battleships and could endure any attack with the metal, insulation and lead paint. An interesting concept is what percentage of readers here have ever been in a car that had little plastic in its construction. Cars in the Howdy Doody era where built strong....ask any Cuban.

i have used the phrase once. west wing...when Mrs Landingham was killed and where would we be if Mark Harmon had not been killed.

they were really jumping the shark on those two scenes and even used the phrase when writing about the Mrs Landingham death.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter